LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-07, 09:22 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I don't think the SC will be cut from the Lexus line-up, but I do believe that the 3rd gen SC (SC460, but significantly different than the SC-F = LF-A) will be significantly different from the 2nd Gen SC, as was the 2nd gen SC was significantly different than the 1st gen SC.

The first gen '92 SC400 sold with an MSRP of $33k. The last SC400 in '00 sold at $56k.
The second gen '02 SC430 sold with an MSRP of $61k (a jump of about $5k, or approx 9%), but is now $66k for '07.

The third gen ('09) SC460 may be about $75-80k (designed to be similar to the LF-C, competing against the SL-Class or XLR or 6-Series), with the SC-F going well over $100k (competing against the SL-AMG or XLR-V or M6). I see it pretty much a sporty two-door convertible version of the LS, with the LF-A definately kicking up the sportiness and performance factor (with aluminum/CF body?), with a highly tuned (maybe super/turbocharged) 5.0L (or other) engine that will be much different than the IS-F. As you can tell, all is speculated, but this is the way that Lexus needs to be headed towards to if they want to market the SC against such competitors.

The SC460 will be "conservative" like the rest of the Lexus lineup, with the LF-A looking more "rice" such as the IS-F. Hey, there needs to be family resemblences...

Enough of my babbling. Can you tell that I've always wanted an SC...
One thing, a targa version of the LF-A would be interesting too see though. For sure Lexus wont put a glass roof or a sunroof.

One thing be nice to see the SC the same length as the LS460, atleast the SC460 will have room for people in the back (if it becomes the same length as the LS)

SC (competition): Aston Martin Vantage V8 / Mercedes Benz CL / BMW 650i / Porsche Carrera 4S Cabriolet / Audi A7

LF-A (competition): Lamborghini Gallardo / Ferrari F*** / Porsche 997 Turbo / Audi R8 / plus many more

One thing for sure the $80k for the SC does sound great.

One thing no clue why I put up the competition, seeing it will change when the SC and LF-A comes out.
Old 01-09-07, 09:30 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I prefer the next SC to be strictly a 2-seater & not being longer, just like the present one & the SL. I would like for Lexus to make another large 2-door coupe that can seat 2 comfortably at the back though, like the CL-class.

As for a targa for the LF-A, we "might" see 2 versions based on the spyshots we saw of a hardtop convertible version of the previous LF-A concept tested. The targa may be the intermediate stage between top-up & top down of the roof-top mechanism . . .
Old 01-09-07, 10:02 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Video of LF-A unveiling : CLICK HERE . . . & the IS-F too . . .
Old 01-09-07, 11:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow very nice video andrew, thanks!!!!!
Old 01-10-07, 04:30 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JessePS
One thing, a targa version of the LF-A would be interesting too see though. For sure Lexus wont put a glass roof or a sunroof.

One thing be nice to see the SC the same length as the LS460, atleast the SC460 will have room for people in the back (if it becomes the same length as the LS)

SC (competition): Aston Martin Vantage V8 / Mercedes Benz CL / BMW 650i / Porsche Carrera 4S Cabriolet / Audi A7

LF-A (competition): Lamborghini Gallardo / Ferrari F*** / Porsche 997 Turbo / Audi R8 / plus many more

One thing for sure the $80k for the SC does sound great.

One thing no clue why I put up the competition, seeing it will change when the SC and LF-A comes out.
The original SC was probably close in length to the original LS. That SC has no rear seating capacity.
Old 01-10-07, 06:47 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

my guess:

Production LF-A introduction this October at TMS2007 in Japan, for sale late in 2008.

US introduction at the following Detroit Auto Show ie this time next year.
Old 01-10-07, 07:12 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 01-10-07, 07:57 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

The current word from dealers and other people with information indicates we might see something about the next SC either at Chicago or New York this year. The next SC definitely *is not* the production version of the LF-A. The LF-A and SC will be two separate cars. On top of the next-gen SC, an IS hardtop Coupe is all but confirmed. We know the regular IS Coupe is coming, and very likely a hardtop version with it.
Old 01-10-07, 07:59 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vladi
Stunning picture. Like SICK, I too am still stunned that this is a Lexus. It looks so sleek, so stylish, and so aggressive. I would be afraid if I saw that in my rearview mirror. This is one of only a few cars in the world that has very aggressive looks to back up it's very aggressive performance.
Old 01-10-07, 08:24 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

sorry, overall i liked the last one more than this one... the aggressive positioning of the tail lights and the highly exposed radiators on the last design seemed more attractive. this one seems more tame and feminine in that regard- reminds me of the ls460.

this front, i think is better in a lot of ways, but overall im not sure how much more i like it. i agree with the poster who said that it looks a little too ant eater. im also not sure about that section that rises by the rear quarter panel glass.

overall i still think this car is hot and look forward to see what lexus does with it. i think it has a great spot in the market at about $80-90k.
Old 01-10-07, 10:03 AM
Bildilla
Driver

Originally Posted by Tekknikal
sorry, overall i liked the last one more than this one... the aggressive positioning of the tail lights and the highly exposed radiators on the last design seemed more attractive. this one seems more tame and feminine in that regard- reminds me of the ls460.

this front, i think is better in a lot of ways, but overall im not sure how much more i like it. i agree with the poster who said that it looks a little too ant eater. im also not sure about that section that rises by the rear quarter panel glass.

overall i still think this car is hot and look forward to see what lexus does with it. i think it has a great spot in the market at about $80-90k.
Old and new pix!!

The new is more sexy, but the new front ned some help!!!
Old 01-10-07, 10:08 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bildilla
Old and new pix!!
The new is more sexy, but the new front need some help!!!
I agree, but the new front is still an improvement over the old . . . I hope they will do more tweaking . . .
Old 01-10-07, 11:18 AM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bildilla
Price +/- 100.000 $

Some things to look at is:
  • Mirror
  • Air / heat openings on the hood.
  • The front
  • The Air intakes bay the back windows

This things are goving to be different on the produksjon model!!!!

Good comparisons. I'm wondering if they're trying out some of the overstylized bits such as the nose and the upper side scoop as possible Supra details. Also they are showing this as an "F" configuration so possibly pushing the envelope there as well to gauge public reaction. For a Lexus it really needs to be less highly stylized. When you look at the Aston, Lambo, Ferrari and Porsche they are cleaner and don't look like they have an after market body kit.

Did anyone notice the 9,000 rpm red line on the tach?
Old 01-10-07, 11:25 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

The production vehicle really needs to be a combination of the first and second concept vehicles; simplicity of the first one and burlesque cues of the second one combined. That would make a really nice vehicle, imo.
Old 01-10-07, 11:45 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vladi
Wow thanks for the new wallpaper!

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)