LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-07, 04:39 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
Nissan GT-R vs. Porsche 911 Turbo vs. Porsche 911 GT3 vs. Lamborghini Gallardo SL vs. Honda NSX TYPE R

Best Motoring just did a test with these cars (just waiting for someone to upload the video). So at least half your wish was answered.
Old 12-28-07, 05:00 PM
f.azim@gul
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LF-A sets 'Ring speed record beating out the Pagani

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071228....ts-ring-record
Lexus LF-A Sets 'Ring Record
According to Auto Express and Japanese car magazine Holiday Auto, Lexus insiders have revealed that the upcoming 552 bhp Lexus LF-A sports car has lapped the Nurburgring in 7 minutes and 24 seconds, slashing the current record time of 7 minutes and 27 seconds set by the Pagani Zonda F. Despite conflicting claims regarding the lap times of the all-new Porsche 911 GT2 (7:32 AutoBild, 7:25 AutoExpress), one thing appears to be clear; the Lexus LF-A has raised the bar to a new level.

While the German Nurburgring has always been the benchmark for measuring the performance of a sports car, Porsche and other European sports car manufacturers are starting to feel the heat of Japanese manufacturers, particularly from Nissan and Lexus, who are currently going head-to-head with their GT-R and LF-A sports cars. In September, the Nissan GT-R lapped the Nurburgring in 7 minutes and 38 seconds, narrowly beating the time of the Porsche 997 GT3. Even Honda is reportedly working on a 5.0-litre V10 powered NSX.

Sources say that the Nurburgring test mule was powered by a 4.8-litre V10 engine putting out 552 bhp, capable of reaching 210 mph. We can't wait to hear the official announcement on the final specifications of this car.
-----------------------------------------
Well it is about time we heard some news about the LF-A; perhaps Toyota is about to give us some details about it afterall;
So it MAY be a 4.8li 552 hp beast. In order to post numbers like these, if indeed accurate, it would have to have ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL handling and speed.
Old 12-28-07, 05:08 PM
f.azim@gul
Driver School Candidate

Default Auto Express declares the LF-A the King of the 'Ring

Lexus’s 552bhp supercar is ’Ring leader
Lexus LF-A unofficially smashes lap record to become King of the ’Ring
28th December 2007

The king is dead, long live the king! Lexus’ long-awaited LF-A has unofficially smashed the lap record at Germany’s Nürburgring, with a time of seven minutes, 24 seconds. That beats Porsche’s new GT2 by a second and makes the Lexus the King of the ’Ring. Company insiders have revealed that a 4.8-litre V10 – co-developed with Yamaha – powered the record-breaking test mule. It revs to 9,000rpm and pumps out 552bhp. Combined with a highly aerodynamic body, it should enable the LF-A to hit 210mph.

Old 12-28-07, 05:39 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
Not a believer yet. Some of these times that are reported are very unbelievable. I'll wait till a 3rd party gets a hold of it. But I am excited about the car.
I agree, although it is impressive you still have to wait until an official production LFA and a third party driver does it and it is reliably timed session. That LFA could have been one with a lighter gutted interior, boosted horsepower, and suspension setup different then what will be available on the production car. This car is also rumored to cost over 170K and some are even saying around 250K which at those prices I don't think it is going to be very successful. I am excited to see the final version of this car and what it will do but if it costs a ridiculous amount then it won't be that special, most will say if it cost that much it should be achieving those numbers. Now if it was just over 100K or no more then 115K then those numbers would mean alot more as it would be very impressive for its price. I still want to see what the new v10 Acura will do and how much it will cost. It is getting very interesting with Japanese sports cars again and it is about time.
Old 12-28-07, 05:53 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

this is all well and good, but where the hell is the f'ing supra replacement toyota??!!

I'd LOVE to see the 4.8L V10 scaled down into a high-revving 3.84L V8, but that'll prob nvr happen
Old 12-28-07, 06:41 PM
LexFather

So we know over 550hp with a 4.8 V-10 with a 9 k redline!! DAMN!!!

Weight must be low.....

Old 12-28-07, 07:52 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

i wonder how it will peform vs the ZR1 with a 100 hp deficit.
Old 12-28-07, 08:04 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

I just get super excited when these super fast Japanese sports cars are really making into productions.
Old 12-28-07, 08:14 PM
suprahtt
Rookie

when this comes out... I will be in my midlife crisis... LOL, well I told my wife I want it for our 10th year anniversary.... she said what ever, just dont buy a bike...

Kahlee
Old 12-28-07, 08:19 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Now if Toyota can only get its act together with the TF108...
LOL... I think we will see this car before that happens.

Originally Posted by suprahtt
when this comes out... I will be in my midlife crisis... LOL, well I told my wife I want it for our 10th year anniversary.... she said what ever, just dont buy a bike...

Kahlee
Sweet!

Can you have your wife call mine?!?

Kudos to Lexus for the work they have done here. The times are fantastic.
Old 12-28-07, 10:34 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by replica
this is all well and good, but where the hell is the f'ing supra replacement toyota??!!

I'd LOVE to see the 4.8L V10 scaled down into a high-revving 3.84L V8, but that'll prob nvr happen
It's coming summer 2009. It will be based on the Toyota FT-HS.
Old 12-28-07, 10:36 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
More like about 70 hp deficit. Isn't the ZR1's output 620???
Old 12-28-07, 11:08 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
im guessing the current version (newest aerodynamics version) has superior aerodynamics than ZR1
but LF-A could weigh more than ZR1
Old 12-29-07, 11:59 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by knihc2008
So I took the liberty of chopping some colors. Iono what other colors you guys might want to see, so just let me know. Also, I used this view since it's my favorite view and in my opinion probably closer to production than the front view.

Black

IS-F blue

British racing green (yeah I don't know why but I think it looks GOOD)

Matador red

Smokey Granite Mica

Crystal White (my personal favorite)

aaand... yellow. Because all exotic cars need to be seen in yellow at least once!
Bump for different colors!!

Old 12-29-07, 12:12 PM
LexFather

My goodness I read a couple other forums where this car competes against and well, very sad comments....

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)