LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-08, 06:51 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Tekknikal
OK maybe, but I still don't see the significance the LF-A would have on the market as a whole... to anyone other than Lexus enthusiasts. I guess I'm not in the GS-F camp though. BTW My original post wasn't intended as an attack on the brand...
REad about it on the current exotic car forums..I've joined or browsed and its 3 factions.
1. That don't believe the time and wouldn't buy a Japanese car anyway, not just a Lexus...
2. Those that find it credible and think this is a fantastic car that will only push the Germans and Italians to do better.
3. Those that have put a deposit down I couldn't believe it, so it seems people trust in Lexus, even as they have never been in this market before. Says tons for the brand.

Old 01-11-08, 04:18 PM
f.azim@gul
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus announced the US MSRP for the IS-F: $56,000

Now, would you suppose the LF-A would be 2-3 times more expensive at about $112 [highly unlikely] to $178 k [quite likely]?

The IS-F is around $6k cheaper than its main rival , the M3. Cheaper but not by all that much. If the LF-A is priced accordingly, ie, somewhat cheaper but not by much compared to its main targets [F430/460] and if it costs three times as much as the IS-F, it would cost roughly around $170-180K.

I believe that is the figure that has been floating around as an upper limit for the possible price point.

At $150k, it would be a steal.

The Lexus LS was introduced at around $35 k which was significantly lower than its primary competition and the price rose steadily as its goodness and worth was realized. It is still a good value in its segment. Would it be not reasonable [and hopeful] to assume that Lexus would follow a similar path when in enters the exotic car arena? That it would significantly undercut the price and then over the subsequent years increase the price as the enthusiast world begins to recognize the value/goodness of the LF-A.

My best guess at the introductory price of the LF-A would be between $150 - $170k.
Old 01-11-08, 06:59 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by f.azim@gul
Lexus announced the US MSRP for the IS-F: $56,000

Now, would you suppose the LF-A would be 2-3 times more expensive at about $112 [highly unlikely] to $178 k [quite likely]?

The IS-F is around $6k cheaper than its main rival , the M3. Cheaper but not by all that much. If the LF-A is priced accordingly, ie, somewhat cheaper but not by much compared to its main targets [F430/460] and if it costs three times as much as the IS-F, it would cost roughly around $170-180K.

I believe that is the figure that has been floating around as an upper limit for the possible price point.

At $150k, it would be a steal.

The Lexus LS was introduced at around $35 k which was significantly lower than its primary competition and the price rose steadily as its goodness and worth was realized. It is still a good value in its segment. Would it be not reasonable [and hopeful] to assume that Lexus would follow a similar path when in enters the exotic car arena? That it would significantly undercut the price and then over the subsequent years increase the price as the enthusiast world begins to recognize the value/goodness of the LF-A.

My best guess at the introductory price of the LF-A would be between $150 - $170k.
Which would be a bargain compared to all the supercars it could go up against.

If it does go upto 220 mph it can eat a Mercedes Benz SLR which is like $630k or something.

Long live Lexus!
Old 01-12-08, 05:34 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Default LF-A Roadster

LF-A Roadster to be shown at the Detroit show courtesy of www.autospies.com pre-show coverage. They also have a picture of a banner stating "LF-A Roadster"

Cover should be off tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)-lf-a-roadster.jpg  
Old 01-12-08, 07:59 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went to Lexus.com/autoshow, they say a Live Cam will be available for NAIAS, no mention of a press conference live link though.
Old 01-13-08, 06:12 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

Old 01-13-08, 07:57 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

GALLERY : Click HERE
Old 01-13-08, 10:55 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

this thing is

*speechless*

i dont have the words to say how good this looks. This and the audi R8 spyder convertible could very well be my favorite ALL TIME exotic sports cars.
Old 01-13-08, 11:05 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

So the LF-A is looking more like an SC replacement and the Hardtop will be the F model?
Old 01-13-08, 11:13 AM
f.azim@gul
Driver School Candidate

we can see the latest nip and tucks here. The integration of the air intake just aft of the B pillar is much nicer; the face seems a bit busy around the lights, the rear is good and the profile is just right, the interior is top notch........I would go for the hardtop.........HOW MUCH AND WHEN!!!!
Old 01-13-08, 12:53 PM
Christian8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MR_F1
So the LF-A is looking more like an SC replacement and the Hardtop will be the F model?
that's exactly what i was thinking. It wouldn't surprise me if this came out into the market as an SC.
Old 01-13-08, 01:26 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

I noticed several details that we didn't see before, there's a standard key starter in the steering column rather than the pushbutton start, could be just a non-production item. Also there are small wings under the rear of the car to improve air flow. The front is softer, more of a mix between the two previous generations. I saw on one picture what looked like pop up roll over bars behind the seats.

No indication of hard or soft top but I'd guess a hard top. Still no door handles, no place for the dreaded front license plates that many of us have to have and using rear view cameras on the A piller rather than mirrors; but it is a show car.
Old 01-13-08, 03:26 PM
xioix
Racer

That looks nice
Old 01-13-08, 05:51 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

My desktop in the office has the silver one on it I got to change to the red one. One big issue I will DROOL on it instead of work. I LOVE IT I WANT ONE NOW!!! This is gorgeous. Alas who will be my chauffeur when I loose my license???
Old 01-13-08, 06:37 PM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

hmm this one doesnt have carbon brakes...

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)