LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-08, 06:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,456 Likes on 1,610 Posts

I like the side and rear views a lot. The front still looks a bit heavy and awkward to me. The interior just seems very strange.
Old 01-13-08, 08:10 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder how functional this one is, if it has a regular non SmartAccess ignition, etc. could it actually be a 'bare bones' functional version underneath without some frills?
Old 01-13-08, 11:14 PM
*wishlist*
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from the pics, the front end looks a little too toned down from the lf-a 2. but it still looks good. just not as extreme as you would expect an exotic sports car to look. probably why people think it looks more like the next gen sc. i bet it looks killer in person though.
Old 01-13-08, 11:26 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tekknikal
hmm this one doesnt have carbon brakes...
I noticed that, they also fill up the wheels less, so I assume they are smaller.

Like I was saying in the other thread, makes me think that there will be a tamer version that may be the next SC
Old 01-14-08, 12:47 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If the next SC gets a lot of cues from the LF-A I'm all for it. However they need to plan their products right...

IMO the LF-A's appearance is in many ways a spiritual successor of the first SC, but of course this is a whole other level.

Back in the day, "The Lexus Coupe" represented the pinnacle of Lexus design and performance in a 2+2 fashion, but now the torch has been passed and the LF-A is doing that and more. I hope that leaves room for the SC to still make an impact. Alternatively they could just make the LF-A produced as the SC-F, with the hybrid version or something being the SC 600h or something. An IS coupe could take an SLK-like position...so it's either 3 coupes/convertibles, LF-A Roadster - SC convertible - IS convertible (the first and third have been spotted in spyshots, testing, etc.; the second exists as the 430)...or 2 convertible/coupes, or a mix combo...
Old 01-14-08, 06:14 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

9k redline on this tach.
It reminds me of the Z too much...
I liked the aggressive exotic nature of the LF-A II better.
Old 01-14-08, 08:21 AM
LexFather

I love the fact Lexus chose a nice red to showcase this car, instead of the usual silver.

I think its fantastic.

Old 01-14-08, 02:32 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104250

i don't understand how there's so much hatred from some people at the BMW forums.. why can't we all just car enthusiast and not stick to a damn brand cult?
Old 01-14-08, 02:57 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

First off, I really don't get all the talk about how the LF-A is supposedly a replacement for the SC, or somehow takes its place in the lineup. The LF-A is a high-performance halo car and the SC isn't going anywhere. There's nothing to suggest the SC won't get the 4.6 nor remain at the very least a typical GT (whether or not it's a hardtop convertible). Lexus is still going to have plenty of opportunities in making the SC a unique, brand-enhancing car. I admit would like to see a coupe version of the SC, however.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I love the fact Lexus chose a nice red to showcase this car, instead of the usual silver.

I think its fantastic.
I was very surprised by this also. I think it was a great move.

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104250

i don't understand how there's so much hatred from some people at the BMW forums.. why can't we all just car enthusiast and not stick to a damn brand cult?
It's very simple - they're threatened by it. If there's one thing I find in common among many BMW fanboys, it's that they have a huge superiority complex. It's fascinating, really. My roommate (who is, of course, a good friend) will occasionally forget that I'm a pro-Lexus consumer and just bash Lexus in a degrading manner even when I'm sitting right there in front of him.

Those BMW fanboys just can't deal with the fact that any Japanese manufacturer - much less Lexus - is encroaching on their territory. Now that they can't make fun of the performance offered by the IS-F or LF-A, they'll try other avenues. Like the exhaust pipes.

I don't know why people can't just be happy that there are a slew of advanced, high-performing entry-level sedans coming out at price points that the vast majority of Americans can afford. A 4.0L V8 M3 making 425hp for $54k? A 5.0L V8 Lexus sedan that out-slaloms a Porsche Cayman for $56k? Both doing 0-60 faster than a 360 Modena? It's a great time to be in the market for performance sedans, I'll tell you that.
Old 01-14-08, 04:46 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by gengar
First off, I really don't get all the talk about how the LF-A is supposedly a replacement for the SC, or somehow takes its place in the lineup. The LF-A is a high-performance halo car and the SC isn't going anywhere. There's nothing to suggest the SC won't get the 4.6 nor remain at the very least a typical GT (whether or not it's a hardtop convertible). Lexus is still going to have plenty of opportunities in making the SC a unique, brand-enhancing car. I admit would like to see a coupe version of the SC, however.

I was very surprised by this also. I think it was a great move.

It's very simple - they're threatened by it. If there's one thing I find in common among many BMW fanboys, it's that they have a huge superiority complex. It's fascinating, really. My roommate (who is, of course, a good friend) will occasionally forget that I'm a pro-Lexus consumer and just bash Lexus in a degrading manner even when I'm sitting right there in front of him.

Those BMW fanboys just can't deal with the fact that any Japanese manufacturer - much less Lexus - is encroaching on their territory. Now that they can't make fun of the performance offered by the IS-F or LF-A, they'll try other avenues. Like the exhaust pipes.

I don't know why people can't just be happy that there are a slew of advanced, high-performing entry-level sedans coming out at price points that the vast majority of Americans can afford. A 4.0L V8 M3 making 425hp for $54k? A 5.0L V8 Lexus sedan that out-slaloms a Porsche Cayman for $56k? Both doing 0-60 faster than a 360 Modena? It's a great time to be in the market for performance sedans, I'll tell you that.
I think its utterly pathetic too and too many live up to the stigma of being a BMW owner..Competition makes it good for the consumer. Lexus is now in the fray and people are COMPLAINING and probably have never seen one, let alone come close to driving one.

Its pathetic really. Especially since both cars price/performance and looks are identical. They could be brothers with different fathers quite frankly.

Old 01-14-08, 06:05 PM
LexFather

Official LF-A Roadster Thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=329182

Old 01-14-08, 06:06 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's a bunch of pics

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/20...er-Concept.htm
Old 01-14-08, 08:02 PM
L&E
Driver

More LF-A Roadster pics

http://gallery.modifiedle.com/galler...y_1/?g2_page=1

Old 01-14-08, 08:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by L&E
Any more pics of the white F-sport IS? Thanks for sharing

Old 01-16-08, 03:16 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder what the mpg will be for the LF-A and LF-A convertible. (15-20 mpg)

As I said again hope it will have a drag co.efficient similar to the LS.

Last edited by JessePS; 01-16-08 at 03:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)