LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 06:18 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome video ! If the video's description is true, then the Carrera GT is a performance benchmark for the LF-A. That's a very lofty performance benchmark.

For all those people that continue to compare the LF-A to the GT-R, it is well known the performance benchmark for Nissan engineers with the GT-R was the 997 Turbo.

If in fact the Carrera GT is the LF-A's performance benchmark, it simply cements the fact that Lexus is aiming at a different segment and aiming to achieve a different performance level than the GT-R.
Old 04-29-08, 07:14 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The spec v will probably stomp it regardless.. but I'd still prefer having an LF-A
Old 04-29-08, 07:18 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ba-b4
The spec v will probably stomp it regardless..
And what evidence makes you think so?
Old 04-29-08, 07:29 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The LF-A Roadster appeared at the Concours D'Elegance 2008, Villa D'Este, on April 27, 2008. 2 pics were posted here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neonfev...7604786943091/

Also here's an interesting comparison between the spyshots of the LF-A Spyder and the auto show version:

Old 04-29-08, 07:34 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

The organic, rounded lines of the new LF-A concepts are so much better than the flat, sharp execution of the mule cars and the first concept.

Looks freaking gorgeous in these pics, L-finesse at its best.
Old 04-29-08, 07:41 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
And what evidence makes you think so?
You're kidding right? You've seen what the normal GTR can do it won't be too far of a leap to conclude that the spec V is capable of warp speed and time travel.. there's no way the LF-A can compare!
Old 04-29-08, 07:57 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

You're kidding right? You've seen what the normal GTR can do it won't be too far of a leap to conclude that the spec V is capable of warp speed and time travel.. there's no way the LF-A can compare!
You're kidding right?
Old 04-29-08, 08:12 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knihc2008
The organic, rounded lines of the new LF-A concepts are so much better than the flat, sharp execution of the mule cars and the first concept.

Looks freaking gorgeous in these pics, L-finesse at its best.
Well said!

I hope the LF-A styling finesse also is translated onto the IS 350 C and the next SC.
Old 04-29-08, 08:36 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Release it already
Old 04-29-08, 08:55 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
You're kidding right?
No I'm NOT kidding the V spec GTR WILL have warp capability!
Old 04-29-08, 10:59 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

The spec v will probably stomp it regardless.. but I'd still prefer having an LF-A
This is just another example of too much hype.

Yes, we know what the regular GT-R is capable of doing, and yes it's quite amazing. Thing is, we do NOT know what the production LF-A will be capable of doing. As mentioned earlier, if in fact Toyota's performance benchmark for the LF-A is the Carrera GT, then the GT-R Spec V won't be "stomping" the LF-A, unless the Spec V is quite a bit faster than a Carrera GT, which I somehow doubt. It may be a little bit faster, but not significantly faster.

I predict that at best, the Spec V will only be slightly faster than the LF-A and more likely will merely match the LF-A's performance.
Old 04-29-08, 11:09 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by encore888
The LF-A Roadster appeared at the Concours D'Elegance 2008, Villa D'Este, on April 27, 2008. 2 pics were posted here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neonfev...7604786943091/

Also here's an interesting comparison between the spyshots of the LF-A Spyder and the auto show version:

Thanks for the pics, looks really good!
Old 04-29-08, 11:30 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
This is just another example of too much hype.

Yes, we know what the regular GT-R is capable of doing, and yes it's quite amazing. Thing is, we do NOT know what the production LF-A will be capable of doing. As mentioned earlier, if in fact Toyota's performance benchmark for the LF-A is the Carrera GT, then the GT-R Spec V won't be "stomping" the LF-A, unless the Spec V is quite a bit faster than a Carrera GT, which I somehow doubt. It may be a little bit faster, but not significantly faster.

I predict that at best, the Spec V will only be slightly faster than the LF-A and more likely will merely match the LF-A's performance.
Yeah but what will the aftermarket be for the spec V as compared to the LF-A? How easy is it to get that spec V's ecu hacked and modded to up the boost vs. ecu mods for the LF-A? Even though both cars are not even out yet. I put my bets on the Spec V for overall performance if not out of the box then after a few simple mods. But I STILL would prefer an LF-A.
Old 04-30-08, 07:47 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah but what will the aftermarket be for the spec V as compared to the LF-A? How easy is it to get that spec V's ecu hacked and modded to up the boost vs. ecu mods for the LF-A? Even though both cars are not even out yet. I put my bets on the Spec V for overall performance if not out of the box then after a few simple mods. But I STILL would prefer an LF-A.
What about the aftermarket? Since when is the aftermarket part of this discussion ?

Talking about the aftermarket is silly, because then we can bring up the MK4 Supra. Heavily modded, an MK4 Supra will easily take an LF-A or a Spec-V. If you want to talk aftermarket, how about the Loaded BMW M3 CSL, which ran a 'Ring time of 7:22?

Fact is, there is no way to make an apples-to-apples comparison with the aftermarket.

How moddable will the GT-R be? How well will the engine hold up under high boost? How expensive will a base Spec-V be, and how expensive will it be to mod it? These are questions we still don't know.

One thing we DO know is that the LF-A will be more luxurious than the GT-R or any GT-R variant.
Old 04-30-08, 07:52 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
What about the aftermarket? Since when is the aftermarket part of this discussion ?

Talking about the aftermarket is silly, because then we can bring up the MK4 Supra. Heavily modded, an MK4 Supra will easily take an LF-A or a Spec-V. If you want to talk aftermarket, how about the Loaded BMW M3 CSL, which ran a 'Ring time of 7:22?

Fact is, there is no way to make an apples-to-apples comparison with the aftermarket.

How moddable will the GT-R be? How well will the engine hold up under high boost? How expensive will a base Spec-V be, and how expensive will it be to mod it? These are questions we still don't know.

One thing we DO know is that the LF-A will be more luxurious than the GT-R or any GT-R variant.
Exactly!!!!

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)