LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-08, 12:22 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I soooo want to see that chick
Denim tops are officially back in!!!! LOL
Old 05-11-08, 01:07 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow, great find. thanks
Old 05-11-08, 01:34 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nkWJs6gqYWw

Just found this posted on YouTube, here are some caps:
Nice Catch!!!!

What race was this?
Old 05-11-08, 03:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,456 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Why did they have to push the car into the garage? Maybe it has no reverse in race mule form?

Anyway, looking good. Anyone know the race results?
Old 05-11-08, 04:19 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Nice Catch!!!!

What race was this?
I'm not sure if that was the actual race, as that doesn't happen for another two weeks or so. I think that might have been practice and/or qualifying for the 24 hour race. Either that, or this was just a small sprint race leading up to the 24 hour race.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Why did they have to push the car into the garage? Maybe it has no reverse in race mule form?
Perhaps, or it's more likely that they simply wanted to manually guide it into the garage. There were a lot of people in that garage and space was tight, so reversing in there might have been a bad idea. Manually pushing the car in seemed like the logical thing to do. That combined with the performance of the LF-A and reversing in there could have been a dangerous undertaking.
Old 05-11-08, 06:43 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I'm not sure if that was the actual race, as that doesn't happen for another two weeks or so. I think that might have been practice and/or qualifying for the 24 hour race. Either that, or this was just a small sprint race leading up to the 24 hour race.
I know its not the big event. I did a search on the name in the video info box, some sort of BFGoodridge challenge. My german = non-existant and from what I was able to translate, no info appeared for the #91/Lexus LF-A car.
Old 05-11-08, 07:57 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the race happens they better unveil the body. If they race it with that fake body panel crap I'm gonna strangle the closest Lexus salesman.
Old 05-11-08, 08:16 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JessePS
One thing by the time it comes out, the new McLAREN will be out also. Lexus will also be competing against that :s
Based on current rumours, the new McLaren will be slower than the LF-A.

Originally Posted by Koma
When the race happens they better unveil the body. If they race it with that fake body panel crap I'm gonna strangle the closest Lexus salesman.
Hopefully they will surprise us, but unfortunately at this point it looks like they will race the car with those temporary body panels.

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 05-11-08 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-12-08, 05:46 AM
avensis03
Driver School Candidate

Well, I’m fluent also in German so I found out the results of that race (Adenauer ADAC Rundstrecken-Trophy).

The track was 24.3 kilometers long (a combination of the “long” and the “short” Nürburgring). This is important because it means that you can’t compare lap times to those previously stated for the Nürburgring. The “LF-A team” was officially called TES Racing For Charity. Drivers were Nakaya, Kino****a and Iida.

Qualifying

TES Racing For Charity were 5th fastest in their class (SP8) with a lap time of 8 min 56 sec. Fastest of the SP8 cars was the Dodge Viper GTS-R of Zakspeed Racing GmbH (lap time 8 min 27 sec).

Race

Lexus LF-A won its class! TES Racing For Charity finished 2 laps ahead of the Chevrolet Corvette which was entered by Kissling Motorsport and 8 laps ahead of the Aston Martin Vantage that finished third.

The overall winners, a BMW Z4 driven by Bäger and Hagenmeyer (class SP7), finished 5 laps ahead of the LF-A.

One more thing… the race preview written by the organizers claims that the LF-A is powered by a 5.0 liter V8-engine.

Last edited by LexFather; 05-12-08 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-12-08, 07:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,456 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Thanks avensis!

What 'class' is the LF-A in? How is it defined?
Old 05-12-08, 11:01 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx for the info avensis03!!! And welcome to ClubLexus!
Old 05-12-08, 11:37 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by avensis03
Well, I’m fluent also in German so I found out the results of that race (Adenauer ADAC Rundstrecken-Trophy).

The track was 24.3 kilometers long (a combination of the “long” and the “short” Nürburgring). This is important because it means that you can’t compare lap times to those previously stated for the Nürburgring. The “LF-A team” was officially called TES Racing For Charity. Drivers were Nakaya, Kino****a and Iida.

Qualifying

TES Racing For Charity were 5th fastest in their class (SP8) with a lap time of 8 min 56 sec. Fastest of the SP8 cars was the Dodge Viper GTS-R of Zakspeed Racing GmbH (lap time 8 min 27 sec).

Race

Lexus LF-A won its class! TES Racing For Charity finished 2 laps ahead of the Chevrolet Corvette which was entered by Kissling Motorsport and 8 laps ahead of the Aston Martin Vantage that finished third.

The overall winners, a BMW Z4 driven by Bäger and Hagenmeyer (class SP7), finished 5 laps ahead of the LF-A.

One more thing… the race preview written by the organizers claims that the LF-A is powered by a 5.0 liter V8-engine.
Wow thanks for taking the time to do the translation for us. Glad to know the LF-A is doing well. Can you give us a link to where you see the official race results? Thanks!
Old 05-12-08, 12:21 PM
xioix
Racer

the lfa winning is good signs for the prodution car, but man I wanted to see what the car is going to looklike and not see the camo car
Old 05-12-08, 12:24 PM
avensis03
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Wow thanks for taking the time to do the translation for us. Glad to know the LF-A is doing well. Can you give us a link to where you see the official race results? Thanks!
http://www.vln.de/rennen.php#

-> 39. Adenauer ADAC Rundstrecken-Trophy
-> Ergebnis Klassen

It looks like the LF-A was the only car in its class that really made it to the end of the race. Lexus reliability.

A win is a win even if you are the only one to finish.

I think that the qualifying results give a better picture about the speed of the car.

http://www.vln.de/ergebnisse/2008-05-10t.pdf
Old 05-12-08, 01:02 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by avensis03
http://www.vln.de/rennen.php#

-> 39. Adenauer ADAC Rundstrecken-Trophy
-> Ergebnis Klassen

It looks like the LF-A was the only car in its class that really made it to the end of the race. Lexus reliability.

A win is a win even if you are the only one to finish.

I think that the qualifying results give a better picture about the speed of the car.

http://www.vln.de/ergebnisse/2008-05-10t.pdf
Ah lol very nice. Gotta love a reliable supercar. I was about to post a link I just found by myself too. It's actually easier to read than the link you provided though, as the result is sorted by class.
http://www.ts-vln.com/valuation/2008-4-classes.html

Last edited by XeroK00L; 05-12-08 at 01:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)