LFA Model (2012)

Help me configure my LFA

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-07, 07:47 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought this was a late April Fool's joke when I first read it. I guess I was mistaken...
Old 06-21-07, 07:54 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want to sound condescending, but are you sure you don't want an SC instead of the LF-A?
Old 06-21-07, 08:03 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Whatever that dealer told you is news to me... Trust me when I tell you there is no need to do that....
Old 06-21-07, 12:45 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Interesting list, although Lexus is not known for their customization options (hopefully that will change!) Definitely an interesting set of options; I think the brakes with Lexus stamped on them are already included.

Look for a possible production announcement + production model release at the Tokyo Motor Show later this year.
Old 06-21-07, 12:55 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Dont forget cup holders.
I think my brain is hurting...
Old 06-21-07, 01:03 PM
genearch
Driver

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
After some prodding, my dealer agreed to take a order or perhaps pre-order for and LFA.

((snip))

After I finish cooking the list I will put the paperwork in place with the dealer and then disclose who I am working with.
Is your budget unlimited as well? If MSRP is $160K will you still buy?

I hope you are working with the designer in Japan, because that is an extreme wish list and of the 15 items you listed, I'd guess that you *may* get 3.5 to 4.

Lexus is not known for "build your own", especially with some of your somewhat off the wall requests.

Hard top convertible if available.
Non metallic white paint.
Factory clear bra.
Combo leather alcantara interior, two tone red and gray.
Heated and cooled sport seats.
Matching luggage.
Combo carbon fiber and bamboo trim.
HD Radio with full IPod integration, nav, back up camera and park assist.
Focal Speakers (I know this won't happen but I want to let them know someone want something other than ML).
Tufenkian Tibetan wool carpets.
The right to include either the V10 or the Hybrid power option.
SMG Transmission.
Carboceramic brakes with Lexus Logos on the calipers.
Old 06-21-07, 01:08 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by f.azim@gul
I think there is little doubt that the LF-A will indeed be produced. From all indications it will be within the next two years and could be as early as late 2008.

My Lexus dealer has put me on the top of the list for the LF-A and the IS-F without asking for any deposit down.
Your dealer must like you better than mine likes me. I actually have had a deposit on an LF-A for a while. I haven't shared that info until now because I thought I would sound crazy. They required far less money for the deposit, BTW. I would have laughed at the options request. They can't even tell me the correct options on the LS600hL, much less a future/concept car.

The deposit scenario works. It will get me the first LS600hL in the area. It has worked for other cars in the past. If you don't decide to get the car, or it isn't produced, just get your deposit back. The missed interest isn't worth worrying about.

If the LF-A is truly a limited production car like an Enzo(400 total made, with a few going to museums and the last one to the Pope), a Murcielago (200/year), or several others, it can be next to impossible to get your hands on one when the public seriously starts to hear about it. This is the way to have your dealer think of you first. Try walking into a Ferrari dealer and getting a new F430. Or a new 599. Sure, they'll sell you a 1 month old 599 for $180K over sticker , but you don't get the list price like the "in crowd" does.

On the other hand, if they make 4000 of them a year (which there isn't remotely a market for), it's kind of a dumb move leaving a deposit.
Old 06-21-07, 01:17 PM
genearch
Driver

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc

The deposit scenario works. It will get me the first LS600hL in the area. It has worked for other cars in the past. If you don't decide to get the car, or it isn't produced, just get your deposit back. The missed interest isn't worth worrying about.
Another potential issue is selection. If the dealer is large enough, they can specify early what color they get. Often, they will have no say in the matter.

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc

On the other hand, if they make 4000 of them a year (which there isn't remotely a market for), it's kind of a dumb move leaving a deposit.
Very true, they will likely keep production very limited. Fortunately, Lexus dealers do not do the "market" adjustment like some other brands. They will do silly stuff like chrome wheels or clear bra's for $5K though.
Old 06-21-07, 01:35 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Hey I don't expect to get everything but as of right now we have a clean sheet of paper to work with. The dealer brought up the options point so I am just having some fun at this point.

On the vert part, the Ferrari 430 spider is a blow out success. Why wouldn't they want to go after that piece of the market, unless they are targeting the 599 (which to me would be a stretch).

Lexus already has Alcantara (used in the previous IS).

They have Yamaha to do woodwork and most of the cars come with some now.

If they are in any way going for Ferrari customers, customization will be there. I am sure most of us visit the Ferrarichat Board. Those cars are routinely being built with details like quilted leather roof liners, contrast stiching, multiple colors, carbon this and leather that. The interior I like the most is the 612 Swiss Special Edition (two tone red and black in leather and alcantara).

On the electronics, most of that stuff, including HD ready is available. The Focals would be a new relationship for Lexus but for the folks who have heard them, the quality would align well with the special nature of the LFA.

On the carpets, Lexus has done lifestyle co-branding in the past with Coach so another round is doable. Lexus ads are found in Architectual Digest near the Tufenkian ads so ther is already plenty of customer alignment.

Regarding my exterior color all I want is a bright gloss white like my S2000 had though a matte white could be intriguing.

Regarding price point, I am hoping for $140K. My limit will be based on how far I can jack rents up (I already made my deals for fall 07 and they were higher than expected so I am off to the races on that piece).

No cup holders for me as there is no eating or drinking in the car.
Old 06-21-07, 04:22 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I don't expect to get everything but as of right now we have a clean sheet of paper to work with. The dealer brought up the options point so I am just having some fun at this point.

On the vert part, the Ferrari 430 spider is a blow out success. Why wouldn't they want to go after that piece of the market, unless they are targeting the 599 (which to me would be a stretch).

Lexus already has Alcantara (used in the previous IS).

They have Yamaha to do woodwork and most of the cars come with some now.

If they are in any way going for Ferrari customers, customization will be there. I am sure most of us visit the Ferrarichat Board. Those cars are routinely being built with details like quilted leather roof liners, contrast stiching, multiple colors, carbon this and leather that. The interior I like the most is the 612 Swiss Special Edition (two tone red and black in leather and alcantara).

On the electronics, most of that stuff, including HD ready is available. The Focals would be a new relationship for Lexus but for the folks who have heard them, the quality would align well with the special nature of the LFA.

On the carpets, Lexus has done lifestyle co-branding in the past with Coach so another round is doable. Lexus ads are found in Architectual Digest near the Tufenkian ads so ther is already plenty of customer alignment.

Regarding my exterior color all I want is a bright gloss white like my S2000 had though a matte white could be intriguing.
Hmm okay I guess you do have a good point, though I still doubt that Lexus will ever offer that much personalization, producing everything with their ever-efficient Toyota manufacturing process.
Regarding price point, I am hoping for $140K. My limit will be based on how far I can jack rents up (I already made my deals for fall 07 and they were higher than expected so I am off to the races on that piece).
Well I hope your tenants will appreciate the rate hike when they see you blasting around the neighborhood in your shiny new LF-A then.
Old 06-21-07, 04:53 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,014 Likes on 2,431 Posts

If they produce the LF-A on a continuous motion assembly line, Toyco will be making a huge mistake. Aren't we hearing 1000 units for the IS-F? LF-A will be??? Less no doubt. And at the pricing we expect, they should be hand assembled the way the NSX were.

And again, for the money and considering it's THE halo car, the options should be nearly limitless.

JMHO of course...
Old 06-21-07, 05:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,442 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Factory clear bra.
Does ANY manufacturer offer this?

Combo carbon fiber and bamboo trim.
Plan on having a panda as a passenger?

SMG Transmission.
SMG sucks, maybe you mean DSG.

HD Radio with full IPod integration, nav, back up camera and park assist.
Focal Speakers (I know this won't happen but I want to let them know someone want something other than ML).
Tufenkian Tibetan wool carpets.
The right to include either the V10 or the Hybrid power option.
Carboceramic brakes with Lexus Logos on the calipers.
Wheels with body color spokes and polished lips.
Factory tour while car is being built with track training.
I think you forgot the warp coils, ejector seats, and cappuccino maker options.

After I finish cooking the list I will put the paperwork in place with the dealer and then disclose who I am working with.
Can't wait.
Old 06-21-07, 05:55 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by f.azim@gul
What is this flat white color? I understand white is the traditional color for Japanese sports cars but I am not sure what the LF-A would look like in flat white.
Like a beluga whale.
Old 06-21-07, 05:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Well I hope your tenants will appreciate the rate hike when they see you blasting around the neighborhood in your shiny new LF-A then.
lol - he'd better not drive it (let alone park it) anywhere near his rental property or it could get ugly.
Old 06-21-07, 06:14 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Power windows are definately a must.

Quick Reply: Help me configure my LFA