LFA Model (2012)

LF-A & GS-F Delayed ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-08, 08:18 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Truly sad for us Lexus folks.. People who are truly in the buying market for enthusiast machines in the class of the LF-A & GS-F will just end up shopping elsewhere like BMW, Audi, Mercedes, & Cadillac.. So I guess we can expect the 2001 VHS recording of the Lexus winter sales event (with the same cars) to be played over the airwaves during the winters of 2008, 09, 10,& 11...?
I was agreeing with everything up until you said Cadillac...
Old 08-11-08, 08:54 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With gas prices the way they are I think it's a wise business decision...
Old 08-11-08, 09:12 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Total BULL ******.

1- A GS-F was never announced, and its way too late in the GS product cycle to release anyway. It was never coming before 2012

2- I bet the LF-A will be out next year as a 2010 model. It will be faster, handle and ride better than the ZR-1 or GT-R. All takers welcome.

3-The SC is going nowhere, an IS coupe CANNOT replace the SC

f'kin auto journalists just **** me off sometimes. [/rant]

WHy is all this so unacceptable to so many here. The market is forcing lots of automakers to readjust. Lexus ain't no different,

I just think Lexus should have finished the LF-A by now.
Old 08-11-08, 09:14 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Did anyone actually think the LF-A was going to make it out in 2009? I thought consensus already was 2010 at the earliest.
Old 08-11-08, 09:30 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gengar
Did anyone actually think the LF-A was going to make it out in 2009? I thought consensus already was 2010 at the earliest.
Exactly!!

It was always reported that the LF-A will come out in 2010 as the 2011 MY. Whoever thinks that it is going to come out in 2009 is clearly smoking or hasn't been following the car.

Also, Lexus has never said that there will be a F model for the current GS. All the speculation was for the next generation GS around 2012.
Old 08-11-08, 11:17 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jruhi4

Hybrid model: Lexus will get its own hybrid-only car, but in a different configuration and design from the Toyota Prius. It is likely to arrive in early 2010 as a 2011 model. The car is likely to be a four-cylinder small sedan. Typically, Lexus hybrids have been about performance, but this one will be Lexus' first hybrid vehicle designed primarily to be fuel thrifty.

Small crossover: A Lexus version of the awd RAV4 will be created for the Japanese and European markets. Previously, the United States did not want it, but that was before $4-a-gallon gasoline. Now, with such vehicles as the Volvo XC60 and BMW X3 taking off, there is a contingency plan to bring it here for the 2013 model year.[/url]
not redesigning/dropping there best cars, i guess lexus will be know for these,
all that money toyota have, and this is what they come up with...smh?
Old 08-12-08, 07:51 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

I'll say what I said in the GS forum and that was that I think this is a wise decision by Lexus. There isn't much demand for a GS-F right now and hell, not much demand for the GS's period.

I think all the GS models and probably most Lexus models need is a sport option, like Infiniti does. For $3K or so they can offer better brakes, better suspension, larger wheels and a modest kit. This will not cost them much but will help the brand.
Old 08-12-08, 09:00 AM
LexFather

Lexus needs more emotional cars and cars that provide a sporting Halo. The GS-F won't be a volume seller but Lexus needs their "F" marque to have more cars to battle the GErmans.

Its a tough angle/road but they MUST do it.
Old 08-12-08, 09:48 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
Lexus needs more emotional cars and cars that provide a sporting Halo. The GS-F won't be a volume seller but Lexus needs their "F" marque to have more cars to battle the GErmans.

agreeeeeeeeeeed
Old 08-12-08, 10:32 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,354 Likes on 1,542 Posts

Originally Posted by Mixman
I think all the GS models and probably most Lexus models need is a sport option, like Infiniti does. For $3K or so they can offer better brakes, better suspension, larger wheels and a modest kit. This will not cost them much but will help the brand.
I agree - start there instead of ***** out with 'F'ing cars.
Old 08-12-08, 10:36 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT

Here's the problem. Lexus is starting an "F" line in very tough times for auto makers. The sport versions of the German brands are already established, AMG, M, RS. Even they are having tough times. Right now I am sure Toyota has to figure out how to get/keep the regular lines profitable. I think Lexus should at least start, like I said, with sport packages, to see how successful they will be and if there is an overwhelming response continue development of the "F" line.
Old 08-12-08, 11:54 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

I think Lexus should at least start, like I said, with sport packages, to see how successful they will be and if there is an overwhelming response continue development of the "F" line.
In case you don't know by now, Lexus does offer sports package for the 2IS...
Old 08-12-08, 12:07 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ffpower
In case you don't know by now, Lexus does offer sports package for the 2IS...

Well I guess as far as the IS is concerned, it could use a little bit more of the "F" sportiness, but I was mainly referring to the GS line.
Old 08-12-08, 12:19 PM
LexFather

Here's the problem. Lexus is starting an "F" line in very tough times for auto makers. The sport versions of the German brands are already established, AMG, M, RS. Even they are having tough times. Right now I am sure Toyota has to figure out how to get/keep the regular lines profitable. I think Lexus should at least start, like I said, with sport packages, to see how successful they will be and if there is an overwhelming response continue development of the "F" line.
You want tough? Tough is Porsche starting as a company with Dr. Porsche in jail being accused of war crimes.

Most AMG/M/RS cars were not created in the best economic positions, but rather out of love for MOTORSPORT and to show the companies racing heritage and taking the track to the street.

The IS-F CLEARLy shows Lexus can do the same. ALso this is a VERY global market and while sales here may stink there are 7 key emerging markets to think about.

I agree, they need more sport packages, the "F-SPORT" line is a start but they need it for the GS as well.

The bottom line is to this day, when people think LEXUS they think comfy, boring, staid and bland. Hell most LEXUS owners have no idea their cars can be modded.

Lexus has to strike NOW.
Old 08-12-08, 01:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

it's a mix feeling but here's what i think

obviously the motorsport division from lexus is long overdue to go against the amg, m, and s/rs. i am sure most of us has criticized them for the longest time. and with the is-f, i think it was a very good start actually, i think lexus is put on the performance map.

however, given the current economy of how slow things are, i have to agree it's not the time for them to debut a new series of cars, namely the gs-f and lf-a. here's some reasons why i think so

1) socal is easily hands down the heaven of money and cars. you want to see people spend money on cars, here is the place. however, starting this year, i have seen a huge decline in auto sales coz' of economy. the hit is big. last yr people were begging for cars, now dealers are begging you to buy.

the is-f came out sort of towards the end of the "good" period or some can say start of the bad period. fact is lexus dealerships have trouble pushing their is-f too! it's very obviously how fast it went from all msrp sales to discount to now really discount.

keep in mind, the is-f is LOWEST in the food chain already, though given its 60k price tag. a gs-f? easily 80k. lf-a? we all know it's 160 to 200k. if they have this trouble selling the is-f now, imagine those 2

2) seeing how the is-f goes against the competitors, i am sure the gs-f can go against the m5 and e63 as well. however, there is still a difference between the f and the amg and m.

they are well established. years of products, reputation, and loyalty. lexus -- zero. to me, they cannot afford to spend all the money and research, put up a gs-f, and then the sales volume very low (keep in mind, will be lower than the is-f), not as widely recognized, and not wide accepted (lack of loyalty).

and the same (worse) will go to lf-a since it's competing in an even tougher class.

3) the m5 and e63 have been out (current generation) running for a while. again here in socal, the deals on those cars are unreal. it's insanely attractive. imagine in thise economy, lexus push out the gs-f. the lease price on the car will not be attractive, and dealership will have a tough time selling at msrp. it would suck if the car hits the show floor and they are already with a 3-4k discount.

so i think for lexus to release these cars, timing is very critical, more critical than their entrance into the performance market imho. one wrong move, and it will be a big joke for years to come. i will say again lexus missed the timing bad. if the is-f came out a year earlier, then maybe the gs-f can hit it sooner, but now, it's just too late. and i think it's better to wait

at the same time, i think a performance package on the gs, that will be a cool option. at least imho, normal gs owners and potential gs-f owners, they are in two different group (same with is250/350 against is-f). it's a big price tag jump, it's not a stretch upgrade. in this economy, a 3k performance upgrade option will sound a lot better to most people

Quick Reply: LF-A & GS-F Delayed ???