LFA Model (2012)

LF-A & GS-F Delayed ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-08, 01:14 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how when people say there is a difference between the F and M/AMG, it was never the performance but always the "heritage", "history" and "reputation".

Let me just throw something out there...

If Lexus never get to start the F-division how the heck are they suppose to get the "heritage", "history" and "reputation"?

Everything has to start somewhere, with enough commitment I have no doubt in my mind that in 20 or so years, no one will ever be throwing words like "heritage", "history" and "reputation" around when talk about the F-division. Isn't this what the LS400 and Lexus faced back in 1990? Back then people used words like "heritage", "history" and "reputation" trying to declare Lexus a failure before it even got started. How about now? You get the point...
Old 08-12-08, 02:02 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We guys are enthusiasts, but many buying are not. All of the enthusiast divisions sales are down. Money is getting tight for all all except the most elite car companies. I would prefer Lexus to spread their resources by upgrading their current models a little quicker, offering sport packages on them, than allocating money to an enthusiast brand which will be only for a few to enjoy.

I agree with everyone that Lexus needs that sport persona to come out, but I think the best way to do that is to inject sportiness into their current models and not just have a sports division. Look at BMW they have sportiness built into their basic cars and offer sports packages up the wazoo, all of this besides their M division. Lexus is a different type of company in that they are known for their plush ride so they cannot build that sport feel into most models without alienating their base. They can, however, make it optional for those that want them to add that sporty flavor into their car.
Old 08-12-08, 02:10 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the AMG?

Is the C more sportier than the IS? The E more sportier than the GS?

I know I am going to get jumped by saying this but Lexus is the Japanese MB. To make its core products "sportier" will alienate their core customer base and that's something Lexus will never do.

Say whatever you want but the F is clearly out to chase the AMG, not M.
Old 08-12-08, 04:56 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The mention of the SC 430 being on its own platform, and hence 'expensive' surprises me as I thought it was on a modified 2GS platform.
Old 08-12-08, 05:14 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Well, the people who write these articles are not necessarily experts . . .