LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA *OFFICIALLY* confirmed for production by Toyota.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-09, 10:55 AM
Motil10108
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ ahh indeed
Old 08-11-09, 11:14 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Hyundai is closer to making a supercar than Honda...
While some people will laugh at this, I honestly think that could be the case. Maybe not a TRUE supercar, but something close to a GT-R for example, or a Porsche 911. The way I see the future is that Honda will continue to be stubborn while Hyundai will continue to make big progress with their products.
Old 08-11-09, 11:21 AM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Hyundai is closer to making a supercar than Honda...

Honda is not focus on making a supercar (for now), they are focus in making better lawn mowers.

All joking aside, I can't wait to see the LFA, and hopefully get a chance to hear the sound.
Old 08-11-09, 11:56 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's coming, LFA in October...let the countdown begin!

Now for the speculation...what will it be called? What is the pricing going to be? Perhaps it's time for a poll...
Old 08-11-09, 12:18 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

I am glad the LFA is coming through. It clears R&D up for the other concepts. My only question is do they plan to stick it with a $250,000 price tag. And if so, how do they plan to contend with the big established brands like Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Aston Martin?
Old 08-11-09, 12:19 PM
LexFather

Guys lets remember Honda had the NSX from 1990-2002 and was a level above the Supras, 3000GTs etc. They then had the S2000 from what 98-09, long after Toyota gave the **** up on sports cars.

Honda CAN do it, why they want to abandon this market and this image of producing amazing cars for ugly ***, old technology, boring vehicles is beyond me.
Old 08-11-09, 12:21 PM
amdave
Driver

I am a big Lexus fan, but no way I would buy this over a Ferrari or Aston. They need a lower price to get in the market.
Old 08-11-09, 12:26 PM
Essence
Driver School Candidate

If badge was no concern, I would get the LFA over anything at any price. I would also like a high-end GT-R variant.
Old 08-11-09, 12:29 PM
LexFather

I figure most people in the market to buy this will ADD it to a fleet of exotics. It will be rare to have this picked over one other car.

With production at the 500 range or so, they will be snatched up in a week.
Old 08-11-09, 12:42 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I figure most people in the market to buy this will ADD it to a fleet of exotics. It will be rare to have this picked over one other car.

Kind of like Carrera GT's.
Old 08-11-09, 12:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JVT
Honda is not focus on making a supercar (for now), they are focus in making better lawn mowers.

All joking aside, I can't wait to see the LFA, and hopefully get a chance to hear the sound.

maybe competitions are not as bad in that segment
Old 08-11-09, 12:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

that's EXACTLY what i tell people when they put up the comment about people would pic ferrari or lambo over this car. for people who are really up there able to REALLY afford these cars, they are more like collectors and not just one.

while they are "waiting" (more like just let me know when they are on shore) for the lfa, they probably have a fleet of exotics in their garage already. the lfa is probably like a "oh why not" type of purchase. similarly when porsche came out with the gt and audi with the r8. a lot of the owners they have other exotics left and right already
Old 08-11-09, 03:00 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
that's EXACTLY what i tell people when they put up the comment about people would pic ferrari or lambo over this car. for people who are really up there able to REALLY afford these cars, they are more like collectors and not just one.

while they are "waiting" (more like just let me know when they are on shore) for the lfa, they probably have a fleet of exotics in their garage already. the lfa is probably like a "oh why not" type of purchase. similarly when porsche came out with the gt and audi with the r8. a lot of the owners they have other exotics left and right already
Exactly. With Lexus legendary quality/reliability, there is also a chance this car will be driven often instead of parked.
Old 08-11-09, 03:03 PM
S8B
Lead Lap

It's about time. They just need to make sure they revise the concept and freshen it up since its been a while.
Old 08-11-09, 03:40 PM
LexFather

Many supercars take YEARS to develop and this is not a brand that makes supercars like Ferrari. They have to create everything from scratch. The LS 600h L is the grandest luxury sedan ever from Japan and this LF-A will be the grandest super car ever from Japan. Considering how conservative Lexus is, its amazing it even debuted as a concept let alone will be produced.

Like the SC 300/400, GS 400, SC 430, IS 300, IS-F this will now take things to levels we have never seen when someone says "that is a Lexus"??????

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA *OFFICIALLY* confirmed for production by Toyota.