LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA *OFFICIALLY* confirmed for production by Toyota.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-09, 04:06 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am interested in the inevitable comparisons between the GT-R and LF-A.

The pricing alone will deter many away from the LF-A (just like how magazines downgrade the appeal of Ferrari or Porsche because of price alone [as if that matters to people that buy supercars] ), but I do want to get an idea on specs and performance.
Old 08-11-09, 04:31 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go LF-A. Can't wait to see the final product

Toyoda has been busy since he became president. Good stuff.
Old 08-11-09, 05:47 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
It's coming, LFA in October...let the countdown begin!

Now for the speculation...what will it be called? What is the pricing going to be? Perhaps it's time for a poll...
It won't be released in October, but I am sure they will anounce when it will be available, what specs and how much it will go for.

I am up for a poll!
Old 08-11-09, 07:28 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
that's EXACTLY what i tell people when they put up the comment about people would pic ferrari or lambo over this car. for people who are really up there able to REALLY afford these cars, they are more like collectors and not just one.

while they are "waiting" (more like just let me know when they are on shore) for the lfa, they probably have a fleet of exotics in their garage already. the lfa is probably like a "oh why not" type of purchase. similarly when porsche came out with the gt and audi with the r8. a lot of the owners they have other exotics left and right already
Point taken, I guess you can't use conventional car buying mind set when purchasing a limited production sports car.
Old 08-11-09, 09:46 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's a good point--people who have this kind of money definitely have more than one vehicle, and probably collect exotics. The LFA will definitely be something different and unique to add to the mix.

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
It won't be released in October, but I am sure they will anounce when it will be available, what specs and how much it will go for.

I am up for a poll!
Indeed, that's what I meant by the 'countdown' -- hehe for those who only dream of owning such a car, October is the reveal; those on the buying lists will naturally have to wait till the car actually goes on sale.

Now as for the poll...shall we consider price? e.g. $150,000 (yeah right) $200,000-250,000 (maybe)...$400,000 (eek but has been rumored...). Curb weight? HP? Engine displacement? Top speed? I might need to do more research first...
Old 08-11-09, 11:55 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
It's coming, LFA in October...let the countdown begin!
october 2010 i think you mean?

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I am interested in the inevitable comparisons between the GT-R and LF-A.
this has been discussed endlessly on here already and is pretty pointless. the cars are going to be very different, plus the LF-A will be 2-3 times as expensive. the LF-A is likely to have the performance edge with carbon fiber parts and a more powerful engine. it will also be more luxurious.

the GT-R is kind of the "fast and furious" exotic with the gamer interior. the LF-A is likely to have breathtaking performance with typical lexus refinement (as much as a screaming exotic can be although likely more than any has been before) and of course a luxury interior.

500 LF-As is so few that most Lexus dealers won't even see ONE so in many ways it's kind of irrelevant, if an impressive achievement, although the new Ferrari looks incredible too.
Old 08-12-09, 12:14 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I always thought I'd feel a bit more excited about the day I'd be reading this announcement but for some reason it's not all that exciting.

I'm sure it's going to be one hell of a car, but I don't know, maybe it's the hype? The long wait? I really don't know...
Old 08-12-09, 12:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
I always thought I'd feel a bit more excited about the day I'd be reading this announcement but for some reason it's not all that exciting.

I'm sure it's going to be one hell of a car, but I don't know, maybe it's the hype? The long wait? I really don't know...
personally, the long wait took out a lot of excitement from me too. now i don't read up as much on the lfa anymore. part of me is like "ok, i will read more again when the car is really here and enjoy it from there"
Old 08-12-09, 01:22 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
personally, the long wait took out a lot of excitement from me too. now i don't read up as much on the lfa anymore. part of me is like "ok, i will read more again when the car is really here and enjoy it from there"
Oh, the hype is still there! I am just really disappointed that Japan will only see 160 or so units, considering the fact that there are about 160 lexus dealerships here. One good thing is that they are not allowed to sell over MSRP here.
Old 08-12-09, 11:40 AM
PsyFi
Driver School Candidate

Oh, the hype is still there!
The hype WAS there for me, but the constant delays and high price have tones down the hype for me
Old 08-12-09, 04:35 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PsyFi
The hype WAS there for me, but the constant delays and high price have tones down the hype for me
When you will hopeful to get to drive one, the hype does not die down.
Old 08-13-09, 12:26 AM
Haitwun
Pole Position

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ2ujHVRv-s

This video will get your blood pumping. That sound is incredible.
Old 08-13-09, 12:06 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Unfortunately for Lexus, Ferrari has already been developing the next mid-engined model... the new Italia may just have similar power and equal or less weight than the LF-A. This is where pricing strategy will be crucial.
Old 08-13-09, 12:22 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
Unfortunately for Lexus, Ferrari has already been developing the next mid-engined model... the new Italia may just have similar power and equal or less weight than the LF-A. This is where pricing strategy will be crucial.
Which I think is sort of a slap to the face for Toyota. The LF-A is 'suppose' to compete with the Enzo, Porsche CGT, etc, but the Italia has similar stats and it's not even a flagship.

But this is all just magazine racing. The rich wont even care about the extra 50hp or so. They'll buy the car because they can.
Old 08-13-09, 12:56 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
V-10 = pure exoticness. V-8 = meh.. even Hyundai has a V-8. End of comparo.

Last edited by Mister Two; 08-13-09 at 12:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA *OFFICIALLY* confirmed for production by Toyota.