LFA Model (2012)

LF-A will debut in Tokyo...Details Oct 21st...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-09, 11:43 AM
crilla
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus LF-A at full throttle

Hope it's not a repost
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HAMKHRJbrU
Old 10-08-09, 12:13 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

based on all the information on this car, i have a feeling itll be the next nsx. in 10 years itll be killed with no updates. i just find this kind of car to be forgettable. in fact i even forgot i saw it in person at pebble beach until someone posted pictures from the event.
Old 10-08-09, 12:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by gshb
based on all the information on this car, i have a feeling itll be the next nsx. in 10 years itll be killed with no updates. i just find this kind of car to be forgettable. in fact i even forgot i saw it in person at pebble beach until someone posted pictures from the event.
What information to come to that conclusion? Only 500 will be made. The NSX was made for 13 years.

These two are VERY different.
Old 10-08-09, 12:19 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gshb
based on all the information on this car, i have a feeling itll be the next nsx.
Care to elaborate?

Based on what information exactly you feel it'll be the next NSX? I am curious because maybe you have the information that we don't have, such as Toyota/Lexus has announced that they'll keep the LF-A the same for 10 year without change like the NSX?

Old 10-08-09, 12:47 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Critics will always be critics. This car will continually be compared to the NSX, to the R8, to the GT-R, etc just because it's a Lexus.

Until this car proves itself (like on the Nurburgring, or at a famous racing event like 24 hours of Le Mans), it will get very little respect unfortunately. I hope Toyota understands this point and takes it very seriously.
Old 10-08-09, 12:52 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Critics are good and comparison to other excellent performance cars is even better.

However, comments like...

"If it doesn't have 600hp then it'll fail"

and

"Based on all the information it'll be the next NSX"

are just hilarious... Unless someone has a crystal ball...
Old 10-08-09, 12:56 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

If the LF A proves itself and gets the respect it deserves, then maybe, just maybe enthusiasts will properly compare it to it's main competition, which is beyond the NSX/R8/GT-R/etc. group of cars .
Old 10-09-09, 08:25 AM
Galaxy 40
Pole Position

Default Lexus LF-A at full throttle

Found this on youtube. Mods if its a repost pls remove. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HAMK...ure=popt02us00
Old 10-09-09, 08:30 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Savage!!!

Old 10-09-09, 08:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

already posted before in lf-a thread. merged
Old 10-09-09, 08:37 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
If the LF A proves itself and gets the respect it deserves, then maybe, just maybe enthusiasts will properly compare it to it's main competition, which is beyond the NSX/R8/GT-R/etc. group of cars .
The LF-A will be unto a class of its own given how limited it will be in terms of production and the price point it's going to sell at. The likeliness of ever seeing an LF-A will be akin to the likeness of seeing as Dusenberg back in the early 1900s; slim to none. If Lexus goes ahead and markets this car as it intends to, it will rapidly become a collectors' piece, and you'll probably never see one on the streets in your lifetime. I know for a fact that there are several Ferrari Enzo in my region yet I've never seen one of them.
Old 10-09-09, 08:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I have yet to see an Enzo on the road ... not that I am a fan of how it looks, but I still want to see one in motion in person ...

At least I've seen the Porsche Carrera GT and Mercedes Mclaren on the road ...

That's one of the reasons I would HATE it if they are making only 500 LF-A's worldwide & selling for such a high price ...
Old 10-09-09, 09:10 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FisforFast
The LF-A will be unto a class of its own given how limited it will be in terms of production and the price point it's going to sell at. The likeliness of ever seeing an LF-A will be akin to the likeness of seeing as Dusenberg back in the early 1900s; slim to none. If Lexus goes ahead and markets this car as it intends to, it will rapidly become a collectors' piece, and you'll probably never see one on the streets in your lifetime. I know for a fact that there are several Ferrari Enzo in my region yet I've never seen one of them.
That would make the LF A very coveted. A lot of people would dream of just seeing one, let alone owning one. Through word of mouth the LF A would develop great hype and an almost legendary reputation.

I've been lucky enough to see a Ferrari Enzo in person around my area; it happened by sheer coincidence. I was also lucky enough to hear the engine, although it was at low revs.
Old 10-09-09, 10:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I have yet to see an Enzo on the road ... not that I am a fan of how it looks, but I still want to see one in motion in person ...

At least I've seen the Porsche Carrera GT and Mercedes Mclaren on the road ...

That's one of the reasons I would HATE it if they are making only 500 LF-A's worldwide & selling for such a high price ...
haha indeed huh? never thought about it

i have seen all 3 cars you mentioned on the road. and honestly, the enzo does have the most presence. surprisingly, i like the GT the most and i think it looks the most "mellow" among the 3
Old 10-09-09, 10:54 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
haha indeed huh? never thought about it

i have seen all 3 cars you mentioned on the road. and honestly, the enzo does have the most presence. surprisingly, i like the GT the most and i think it looks the most "mellow" among the 3
You live in greater LA, of course you get to see a lot more exotics.
Have you seen Enzo in HK ? I know Aaron kwok have one, but there should be a few more there ?

Quick Reply: LF-A will debut in Tokyo...Details Oct 21st...