LFA Model (2012)

LF-A will debut in Tokyo...Details Oct 21st...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-09, 02:07 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gshb
haha. i predict the lf-a will not be the best supercar ever produced. what do i get if i win?
Now now, don't start changing your mind and twisting your own words.

You win nothing because nobody in this thread has mentioned that, and because that is not your original claim about the LF A.

Here is what you said explicitly:

Originally Posted by gshb
i wouldnt call myself a critic of the lfa, simply because i dont care about it at all. maybe its because ive seen it countless times for years in person, looked underneath, all around, and i dont see anything that is special. or at least, nothing that you cant otherwise already get right now with the 560-4, r8 v10, gtr, etc etc. im not going to hype it up. i even doubt itll live up to these current offerings. but hey its toyota's first try so everyone will be like "aw its ok nice try" or jump on the bandwagon just because its new. i find the ft-86 far more exciting, because it has a chance of being something groundbreaking.
You have already proved that you have no substantive evidence to back up your claim.

Since that was your original claim, I hope you are prepared to be proven wrong and to eat your words.
Old 10-09-09, 02:14 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, just saying im not impressed and i get these hilarious responses. i dont have to say anything because you KNOW the magazines will. hey i drove a lexus around, drank the kool-aid. but lets face it, can the lf-a re-crash the party like the gtr did? or will the reviews be IS-F part deux? im saying the lf-a wont make the r8, zr-1, gtr, zonda, and the tons of other supercars that saturate the market any less awesome. but it hasnt proved itself yet so what is there to defend?

Old 10-09-09, 02:17 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

You are totally right. It hasn't proven itself so there is nothing to defend OR attack.

If you admit this, then why aren't you following your own advice and posting as if you know the capabilities and details of the car?

You said A LOT more than simply "I'm not impressed".
Old 10-09-09, 02:20 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
You are totally right. It hasn't proven itself so there is nothing to defend OR attack.

If you admit this, then why aren't you following your own advice and posting as if you know the capabilities and details of the car?

You said A LOT more than simply "I'm not impressed".
simple my man. because in a couple weeks i dont want to have to be all disappointed and re-read how terrible toyota does at making sporty cars. if you guys dont put the damn thing on a pedestal then it will be all the more impressive.
Old 10-09-09, 05:46 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree. I try not to believe in the hype too much otherwise I will have too great of an expectation. I purposely avoid most LFA threads because I want it to blow me away when it debuts like the original 1LS and 2GS.

But no matter what, I still have my countdown clock on because it's exciting
Old 10-09-09, 06:35 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Performance-wise it will be "the same" compared to other supercars? Oh wise one, PLEASE tell us where you acquired such exclusive information on the production LF A's performance ?

gshb, CLEARLY, everything *I am personally* wondering about has NOT been revealed yet, and is NOT known about the LF A.

I hope that all of you making these prophetic statements will be prepared to eat your words if you are proven wrong.
I actually got all that insider's info from you. Didn't you say it'll outdo GTR or a class above it?
Old 10-09-09, 06:40 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TLe2006
I actually got all that insider's info from you. Didn't you say it'll outdo GTR or a class above it?
Yes, I did say it will out-perform the GT-R, and I still stand by my statement. I will eat my words if I am wrong and admit to it.

I said that it will match, or *possibly* beat supercars that are a class above the GT-R.
Old 10-09-09, 08:08 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Since we are on the topic of "prediction" here's my LF-A prediction. Like TRDFantasy, if I am wrong I'll eat my words and admit to it...

Power rating: 550+ HP
Torque rating: 369 lb-ft
Engine type: 4.8L V10
Engine placement: Front/mid-mount
Drive type: RWD
0 – 60 acceleration: ~ 3.5 seconds
Top Speed: 210+ mph
Price: ~ $250,000 US

Here's the comparison between the LF-A and MB SLS AMG, which I think is LF-A's nature competitor: Lexus LF-A vs. MB SLS AMG
Old 10-10-09, 11:47 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Neat predictions....we'll have to see how they pan out. Did you vote in the LF-A polls thread?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...our-votes.html
Old 10-10-09, 12:58 PM
LexFather

A GT3 RS does NOT beat the 911 Turbo at the ring but the GT3 is seen as the best 911 today and one of the greatest ever. Fastest times, while pretty cool, do not mean everything.

With a N/A V-10 and RWD, there will be a purity to the LF A that Ferrari's have but AWD Lambos lack.

In reading drivers feel was of the extreme importance.

Last edited by LexFather; 10-10-09 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-10-09, 02:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,633 Posts

gshb & TRDFantasy - knock off the back and forth bickering, sarcasm, personal attacks, debating unknowns, etc.

thank you.
Old 10-11-09, 08:58 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Hoping to buy a used one in about 20 years!
Old 10-11-09, 09:17 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ES3
same here!
Old 10-11-09, 10:21 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ES3
If this car lives up to all the hype it will probably cost more then than now, not to mention reduced numbers available due to inevitable crashes, mishaps etc.
Old 10-12-09, 09:12 AM
LexFather

Quick Reply: LF-A will debut in Tokyo...Details Oct 21st...