LFA Model (2012)

LFA, most like will be priced at...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-09, 10:25 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think he's making an analogy, with the import taxes, final price in Denmark is €1 million, coming off of a $300K actual price, in some Asian countries, the import taxes make an $80K car $300K as well.

Looks like the price is coming around $360-380K for the LFA; whether that is going to be the price minus taxes in the US, Japan, Europe remains to be seen. Reports for the UK state a price of £250,000, which equals about $398,000 in the US.

The Carrera GT comparison was made above; I looked it up and the starting price was over $440,000.
Old 10-03-09, 11:23 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

If the car can deliver performance equal to a Carrera GT, Enzo, or SLR, then I have no problem with them selling it at that price (not like I can currently afford it). They can definitely do it.

Mercedes has the history of selling expensive vehicles for a long time, but what super car did they have before the SLR? And the CLK-GTR doesnt count as only a handful were built, so it could qualify for a race series.

Jaguar had a supercar in the late 80's early 90s that was like 200-400K in very limited numbers that sold and is now classified as a classic/collectors item.

Audi to a lesser extent has the R8.

Im trying to understand why Lexus cant be in this same group?
Old 10-03-09, 02:13 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol....could it be because so many were dreaming of owning it and are secretly broken hearted?

lol lol lol

I think if it will outperform the Carrera GT, Enzo etc etc etc, by all means, sell it at 300+K.

It better be faster than the 458 though, even if it is more exclusive.

I'm out, I'll just hope that the new Esprit does indeed come with a version of the Lexus V10 and that it isn't much over 150k
Old 10-03-09, 03:45 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GFerg
If the car can deliver performance equal to a Carrera GT, Enzo, or SLR, then I have no problem with them selling it at that price (not like I can currently afford it). They can definitely do it.

Mercedes has the history of selling expensive vehicles for a long time, but what super car did they have before the SLR? And the CLK-GTR doesnt count as only a handful were built, so it could qualify for a race series.

Jaguar had a supercar in the late 80's early 90s that was like 200-400K in very limited numbers that sold and is now classified as a classic/collectors item.

Audi to a lesser extent has the R8.

Im trying to understand why Lexus cant be in this same group?
IMHO, it seems a lot of people are bitter/envious/jealous that the LF A *might* be faster than all of these cars, and that the LF A could potentially match or beat the world's best supercars. For Toyota to achieve this on their first try at a supercar is unfathomable to most, including many Toyota fans themselves.
Old 10-03-09, 04:25 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not thrilled at the price, but on the other hand it will deffinately add to the exclusivity. But the way they set to allocate them(1 per dealer in japan ,165 dealers) is going to make it very hard to get one. I already know people who are set to buy one and that is only at my dealership , admittedly a few people have expressed intrest in the past have crossed their names off the virtual waiting list.

I think what really draws me to this car is the fact that it seems like it will be very easy to drive, of coarse performance is essential, but I am no race car driver and although I consider myself a good driver I don't think I could really drive some of the other super cars that well. Lexus could be the perfect balance I feel and it will have great luxury too(Not that the others don't)
Old 10-04-09, 04:20 PM
LexFather

Old 10-04-09, 10:49 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg

I definitely would have a problem. It BETTER beat those cars if people are grouping the LFA within the same group. The Enzo, Carrera GT, and SLR are damn 'old'. By the time the LFA comes out (possibly 2010?), these cars will be 6-7 years old. Ferarri's 458 has similar stats that's equally impressive, yet it's only been a few months since it was first rumored. That's the car that's looking straight into the LF-A's eyes. It's going to be interesting to see if Ferarri will undercut the LF-A's price. Lexus should be aiming at the Zonda or something
Old 10-05-09, 12:31 AM
pandy_88
Lead Lap

ill trade in my civic for it =)
Old 10-05-09, 03:30 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I am not thrilled at the price, but on the other hand it will deffinately add to the exclusivity. But the way they set to allocate them(1 per dealer in japan ,165 dealers) is going to make it very hard to get one. I already know people who are set to buy one and that is only at my dealership , admittedly a few people have expressed intrest in the past have crossed their names off the virtual waiting list.

I think what really draws me to this car is the fact that it seems like it will be very easy to drive, of coarse performance is essential, but I am no race car driver and although I consider myself a good driver I don't think I could really drive some of the other super cars that well. Lexus could be the perfect balance I feel and it will have great luxury too(Not that the others don't)
+1 Dave, I can't believe that Toyota can pull this off on their first attempt. Bet they go for $50k over sticker in the US !
Old 10-05-09, 06:36 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

I still can't fathom why Pagani, Koenigsegg, Gumpert, Ascari, etc etc etc etc got/get free passes on the "They can't do it on heir first attempt", the "heritage & history" and the "know-how" cards and Toyota/Lexus gets skewered...........
Old 10-05-09, 07:53 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Perhaps it's because Lexus has always been a luxury car brand first. Pagani, Koenigsegg, etc started out with supercars for the most part.

I wonder how long it took Lamborghini before they were recognize as a supercar and not a tractor company.
Old 10-05-09, 07:56 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSteg
I definitely would have a problem. It BETTER beat those cars if people are grouping the LFA within the same group. The Enzo, Carrera GT, and SLR are damn 'old'. By the time the LFA comes out (possibly 2010?), these cars will be 6-7 years old. Ferarri's 458 has similar stats that's equally impressive, yet it's only been a few months since it was first rumored. That's the car that's looking straight into the LF-A's eyes. It's going to be interesting to see if Ferarri will undercut the LF-A's price. Lexus should be aiming at the Zonda or something
The 458 seemingly has similar stats *on paper*. We shall see how the 458 and LF A compare in the real world. Regardless, the LF A will be more expensive and exclusive than the 458 anyways.

Originally Posted by MR_F1
I still can't fathom why Pagani, Koenigsegg, Gumpert, Ascari, etc etc etc etc got/get free passes on the "They can't do it on heir first attempt", the "heritage & history" and the "know-how" cards and Toyota/Lexus gets skewered...........
People still doubt the LF A and criticize Toyota because it has yet to prove itself. Once it proves itself, enthusiasts hopefully will change their tune. If any car can change enthusiasts' opinions of Toyota/Lexus, it's the LF A.
Old 10-05-09, 08:08 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Because the first group isn't Japanese?

It's the same reason that more than 6 speeds are a drawback on the F, but suddenly a positive on a German or Italian car; the same reason that when Lexus makes a superior driving suspension to anything BMW produces, it's suddenly too harsh; the same reason that non-attached exhaust tips are made fun of on the F but not on all the exotics that do the same thing; the same reason that lack of LSD on the F is a shortcoming, but it's a positive, weight-saving feature on a McLaren.

When you have legions of biased journalists and dumb internet fanboys around, even treading lightly means many oversensitive egos get bruised.
Old 10-05-09, 09:00 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

I agree, the LF-A better be A LOT better, faster, handles better than the Ferrari 458 if they are charging over $300k for it, because the F458 is a continuation of the F360, F430, which are the "affordable" Ferrari model, which were priced around $200k, and has the name and heritage to go with it.
Old 10-05-09, 09:35 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Perhaps it's because Lexus has always been a luxury car brand first. Pagani, Koenigsegg, etc started out with supercars for the most part.

I wonder how long it took Lamborghini before they were recognize as a supercar and not a tractor company.
Probably like a week, they are from Italy after all

Quick Reply: LFA, most like will be priced at...