LFA, most like will be priced at...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-09, 03:55 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Because the first group isn't Japanese?

It's the same reason that more than 6 speeds are a drawback on the F, but suddenly a positive on a German or Italian car; the same reason that when Lexus makes a superior driving suspension to anything BMW produces, it's suddenly too harsh; the same reason that non-attached exhaust tips are made fun of on the F but not on all the exotics that do the same thing; the same reason that lack of LSD on the F is a shortcoming, but it's a positive, weight-saving feature on a McLaren.

When you have legions of biased journalists and dumb internet fanboys around, even treading lightly means many oversensitive egos get bruised.
Very good points!
Old 10-05-09, 04:12 PM
LexFather

It's the same reason that more than 6 speeds are a drawback on the F, but suddenly a positive on a German or Italian car; the same reason that when Lexus makes a superior driving suspension to anything BMW produces, it's suddenly too harsh; the same reason that non-attached exhaust tips are made fun of on the F but not on all the exotics that do the same thing; the same reason that lack of LSD on the F is a shortcoming, but it's a positive, weight-saving feature on a McLaren.

When you have legions of biased journalists and dumb internet fanboys around, even treading lightly means many oversensitive egos get bruised.
I nominate this for one of the top 10 posts of 2009.
Old 10-05-09, 05:39 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post!

What better way of changing bias and people's opinions than with a raw, visceral supercar that will leave most of the journalists and fanboys speechless when it finally proves itself?
Old 10-05-09, 07:00 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Case in point, from a recent review of the Audi S4

What Works:
Responsive and powerful engine; all-wheel-drive confidence; roomy backseat.
What Needs Work:
Lacks the feedback of its competition, but does it matter?
Seriously?
Old 10-06-09, 03:17 PM
jimmyford1
Driver

From the for what it's worth department... I was told by our owner the price would be 300k...AND the purchaser has to agree to not sell the car for two years and to let Lexus hold the title during that period!
Old 10-06-09, 03:37 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmyford1
From the for what it's worth department... I was told by our owner the price would be 300k...AND the purchaser has to agree to not sell the car for two years and to let Lexus hold the title during that period!
Interesting...I guess they want to prevent the car being bought simply to be resold, over and over. They want serious owners who will keep the car.
Old 10-06-09, 09:03 PM
rdk
Driver School Candidate

I have had a deposit placed for more than 2 years. Dealer called today and said the the MSRP will be 395k. He said price was official and came directly from Lexus. I will be passing and have had my deposit refunded. My limit was 250k.
Old 10-06-09, 09:27 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rdk
I have had a deposit placed for more than 2 years. Dealer called today and said the the MSRP will be 395k. He said price was official and came directly from Lexus. I will be passing and have had my deposit refunded. My limit was 250k.
MSRP or price with dealer markup included?
Old 10-06-09, 10:05 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

That's crazy !!!
Old 10-06-09, 10:39 PM
LexFather

Good point about dealer markup...While Lexus FORBIDS it, a greedy dealer might do it as sales are slow (even if Lexus is #1 in sales) than compared to two years ago..

There is a $1000 bonus for salesman if they sell a LS 600h L for instance!
Old 10-07-09, 05:32 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rdk
That is a shame, I am still going ahead if I can get one. But it is not looking good, I was a bit late to the show and only put my name down about a year ago.
Old 10-07-09, 07:46 AM
rdk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MR_F1
MSRP or price with dealer markup included?
MSRP! No dealer mark-up.
Old 10-07-09, 10:28 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
That is a shame, I am still going ahead if I can get one. But it is not looking good, I was a bit late to the show and only put my name down about a year ago.
At that price, some of those ahead of you may drop out too, moving you ahead in the queue, so your chances may get much better than you thought ?

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-07-09 at 10:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-07-09, 02:36 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

There is too much conflicting information coming out. I have heard from many "insiders" and some more reliable insiders about the price, with estimates ranging from 300 - 400K. I refuse to believe any of the speculative or insider numbers until I see the official MSRP from Toyota directly.
Old 10-07-09, 02:48 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

I guess I'll be buying an Aston Martin next year, instead, if this thing is anywhere nearly as expensive as it's proclaimed to be. That'll be exclusive enough for me.

Quick Reply: LFA, most like will be priced at...