LFA Model (2012)

LFA, most like will be priced at...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-09, 03:30 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
I think a lot of the hard data is still subject to some level of response bias. For example, I have received no fewer than 5 requests for survey data since purchasing the IS-F, but those letters go straight into the trash. Of course, the self-selection issues should be less than Ferrari's mass mailing survey, and it's not like the data needs to be particularly accurate to satisfy TMS's needs.
Toyota does observe these forums, so I think they have enough IS-F owner data . That, and combined with their usual data collection techniques.

Originally Posted by gengar
Agreed, and I certainly wouldn't withdraw my deposit before the car is even official - and especially not based on what some random salesperson claims the price is going to be! Wait for the Toyko Motor Show, at least.

The reality is that dealers don't know anything, and good salespeople declare that (not even just admit it). For example, no salesperson at Lexus/LV ever suggested more than a ballpark price for the IS-F; I had to talk directly with someone at TMS to get an estimate (notably, the estimate was within ~$1k of the MSRP, which was officially announced several weeks later). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any loose lips with regard to the LF-A.

Also FWIW, the dealership I've been in talks with is expecting to get a shot at 3 LF-A and hasn't even started taking deposits yet.
Toyota seems to be keeping anything LF A related awfully secretive (until the unveil one would hope).

I'm sure your dealership has an unofficial waiting list of some sort to sort out which interested buyers get first choice at buying an LF A.
Old 10-10-09, 08:14 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I'm sure your dealership has an unofficial waiting list of some sort to sort out which interested buyers get first choice at buying an LF A.
Indeed there is - a "gentleman's waiting list", as Dave600hL put it. Can't wait to get the official info.