LFA Model (2012)

LFA, most like will be priced at...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-09, 04:47 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LFA, most like will be priced at...

A cool $350-400KUS converted from Japanese yen!!! That would lead me to believe that it will sell for about $325-375K in the States. I have some info that is not completely concrete as of yet, but the initial talks are eyeing this price and we are pretty much certainly only getting 165 units here for Japan.

Well, that is all the news I have for now.
Old 09-16-09, 05:08 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, thanks for the update, those 165 will be sold out for sure !!
Old 09-16-09, 05:27 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

I think that's TOO high ...
Old 09-16-09, 05:29 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I had forgotten that the price point was expected to be this high. In my mind I always knew it would be priced higher than the GTRs and my favorite the NSX, but I was thinking $150K to $175K. Not sure where I got that from. LOL

I have no doubt that they will sell their quota and no matter what the price point is Lexus will have to be proving itself on the track where it counts in order to win the various reviewers over. I will say this is a very different strategy from 1989 when they came in at a comparably low price yet exceeded quality and luxury expectations without exception.
Old 09-16-09, 05:56 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's ridiculously high!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's about the same as the Carrera G when it debuted,and close to 2/3rd the price of an Enzo.......

The Lexus badge does not have that kind of cache yet, and to be honest, I don't think I could afford or would even be willing to pay that much if I could for a Lexus.

That's just absurd.
Old 09-16-09, 06:08 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's a huge sum but the carbon fiber, ceramic brakes etc. got to come from somewhere...for sure only the beyond moneyed set will be able to afford this super-exclusive supercar.
Old 09-16-09, 06:21 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard $200,000-$250,000 from very credible sources.
Old 09-16-09, 07:45 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Everyone needs to keep in mind you cannot directly convert Japanese market prices from yen to USD and expect that to be the US price.

If you convert the base price of the IS-F in Japanese yen to USD, it is the equivalent of 85K USD! The IS-F starts at 57K in the US, so obviously direct conversions cannot be made.

There is absolutely no way the LF A in the US will cost 325- 375K. If we use the ratio of how much an IS-F costs in Japan (converted to USD) compared to how much an IS-F costs in the US, the LF A in the US should cost around 180 - 250K USD if in-fact it will cost the equivalent of 400K USD in Japan.

I too have consistently been hearing from a variety of sources the car will cost between 200-250K USD, in the US. Other markets will have varying prices depending on a number of different factors.
Old 09-16-09, 08:09 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Everyone needs to keep in mind you cannot directly convert Japanese market prices from yen to USD and expect that to be the US price.

If you convert the base price of the IS-F in Japanese yen to USD, it is the equivalent of 85K USD! The IS-F starts at 57K in the US, so obviously direct conversions cannot be made.

There is absolutely no way the LF A in the US will cost 325- 375K. If we use the ratio of how much an IS-F costs in Japan (converted to USD) compared to how much an IS-F costs in the US, the LF A in the US should cost around 180 - 250K USD if in-fact it will cost the equivalent of 400K USD in Japan.

I too have consistently been hearing from a variety of sources the car will cost between 200-250K USD, in the US. Other markets will have varying prices depending on a number of different factors.
I agree that cars prices over here don't directly correlate to the price of cars in the US. BUT, in today's economic climate I think prices will be a little higher than usual. Of course that is only speculation on my behalf and nothing more. I believe it will around the $300K mark.
Old 09-16-09, 08:15 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I think Toyota has a pretty good idea of what price range they can reasonably charge for this car. Also due to this being a halo car, and a very low volume product, taking a loss on every LF A made would not be a stretch for Toyota.

I think 300K USD is the absolute maximum it will cost in the US, but IMHO the car will probably end up being closer to between 200-250K USD.
Old 09-16-09, 08:34 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

I think Toyota has a pretty good idea of what price range they can reasonably charge for this car. Also due to this being a halo car, and a very low volume product, taking a loss on every LF A made would not be a stretch for Toyota.

I think 300K USD is the absolute maximum it will cost in the US, but IMHO the car will probably end up being closer to between 200-250K USD.
The reason why I am thinking that it will about or over $300K is b/c I was originally getting regular info that it will cost between $250-300K US ( converted from Japanese yen, not what it would cost in the States) and this was the general consensus of car mags alike. But the price has Jumped another $100K and this info is reliable , so I am just thinking that the initial price that was rumored in the States was in fact a spin off from what it was rumored at that time, so a price rise of $50-75K on top of the $250K Us already predicted was entirely plausible due to the price structuring differences compared to Japan.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Old 09-16-09, 08:50 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The yen's rise against the dollar has generated pricing pressure in the US for Japanese manufacturers, there have been some news articles about that...still Lexus stuck to its annual across-the-board incremental price increases this year.
Old 09-16-09, 09:01 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
The reason why I am thinking that it will about or over $300K is b/c I was originally getting regular info that it will cost between $250-300K US ( converted from Japanese yen, not what it would cost in the States) and this was the general consensus of car mags alike. But the price has Jumped another $100K and this info is reliable , so I am just thinking that the initial price that was rumored in the States was in fact a spin off from what it was rumored at that time, so a price rise of $50-75K on top of the $250K Us already predicted was entirely plausible due to the price structuring differences compared to Japan.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
I understand what you are saying .

Lexus though did not increase the HS base price in the US, and as encore888 points out, even with the currency fluctuations between the US and Japan, only incremental price increases occurred across the board for new model-year Lexus products in the US.

Historically, Lexus prices have never fluctuated noticeably in the US and remained quite stable, even during the US-Japan currency fluctuations of the 1990s.

If your info is in fact reliable, and that the LF A will cost the equivalent of 325 - 375K USD in Japan (after yen conversion), then in the US it seems very likely the LF A will cost under 300K USD.
Old 09-16-09, 11:49 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

around 400k trust me just wait and see
Old 09-17-09, 09:21 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Given the development cycle and a run of 500 cars, I'm pretty sure Toyota taking a loss on this car is guaranteed.

Quick Reply: LFA, most like will be priced at...