LFA Allocation in Japan.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-09, 12:42 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
The Enzo???
The Enzo was a true, $1.5 mil. supercar, produced from 2002-2004. 400 units were built and you couldn't just go out to a Ferrari dealership and buy one, Ferrari hand-picked the cars' owners. Comparing the LF-A to the Enzo is pure blasphemy... not the same thing, at all.

I'm guessing that the LF-A will follow the GT-R's footsteps, with only a handful being built in the first year or two and then all-out mass production. I'm also guessing that it will be similarly priced to an Audi R8... asking $400k for this thing would be glutony at best; $150-200k would be much more reasonable and competitive.
Old 09-22-09, 02:21 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by FisforFast
The Enzo was a true, $1.5 mil. supercar...
You're off by a factor of nearly 3, just FYI. Some Enzos may have sold for $1mil+ secondhand, but list was closer to $600k.

400 units were built and you couldn't just go out to a Ferrari dealership and buy one...
You could say that about any Ferrari limited to those numbers... like the Scuderia 16M, which had a 499-unit run. (And is probably just as fast around the track as an Enzo.....)

Comparing the LF-A to the Enzo is pure blasphemy... not the same thing, at all.
You're right about that, as the LF-A is a much superior car. And best of all, unlike the Enzo, we won't have to worry about it being redone as a Maserati that is actually faster around the track.
Old 09-22-09, 03:20 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Enzo was a true, $1.5 mil. supercar, produced from 2002-2004. 400 units were built and you couldn't just go out to a Ferrari dealership and buy one, Ferrari hand-picked the cars' owners. Comparing the LF-A to the Enzo is pure blasphemy... not the same thing, at all.
And the comparrison was about what car had infact only been produced limited numbers, so why can you not just compare numbers? I heard noone comparing the cars, so why are you getting your panties in a knott?

I'm guessing that the LF-A will follow the GT-R's footsteps, with only a handful being built in the first year or two and then all-out mass production. I'm also guessing that it will be similarly priced to an Audi R8... asking $400k for this thing would be glutony at best; $150-200k would be much more reasonable and competitive.
Then it looks like your guess is wrong... They will not mass produce this car.
Old 09-22-09, 06:07 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Then it looks like your guess is wrong... They will not mass produce this car.
That is what everyone thought about the GT-R and the R8 but now they're as common as the common cold.
Old 09-22-09, 07:55 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Huh? The Enzo cost roughly 640K USD when it came out, and 400 in total were made, 51 more than Ferrari originally planned.

Thing is, we don't know exactly how the LF A buying process will work, or how limited the model will be.

Rumor is that all LF A buyers will get a track session with a pro driver, and if that is true, it is definitely similar to the Enzo in that aspect. You don't get that if you buy a GT-R or an R8.

Also Toyota supposedly used the Enzo as one of the performance benchmarks for the LF A. A prototype LF-A during testing unofficially matched the Nurburgring time of an Enzo back in 2007.

"All-out mass production"? I highly doubt that. The LF A is expected to be priced at a minimum of around 200K USD, up to a speculated maximum as high as 400K. That definitely makes it more expensive than the R8, V10 version included. It also makes it way more expensive than the GT-R.

Fact is, the LF A is in a totally different class than the GT-R and R8. People need to stop making these comparisons.

That is what everyone thought about the GT-R and the R8 but now they're as common as the common cold.
The R8 and GT-R are in the same class as the Porsche 911, of course they would be mass-produced. They are also in the same class Honda's NSX used to be.

They are amazing sports cars, but most people would not call them true supercars, or exotic supercars.

The LF A will be in a different class than either of these two cars.
Old 09-22-09, 09:53 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The GTR and R8 from what I understand never had a limit on total production. As it stands right now, Lexus is stating a production of 500 cars world wide. Now I don't know if those numbers include the roadster or not and if they don't then there will be more of them to add to those 500.

You are forgetting that the LFA and GTR have completely different purposes for production. The GTR has and always will be a mass production car and it is obvious that the LFA is speculated as a halo car, so comparing those numbers is moot IMO.
Old 09-22-09, 09:57 PM
LexFather

Good call about the Enzo....

Seems 349 F50s were built, but over 3 years... at about half a mill each..it debuted like where the LF-A will, during a down economy......The Enzo clearly was sold during a better economy. Surely they could have sold more but didn't for exclusivity....it was a car paying homage to Ferrari's founder.

I believe over 1,000 F40s have been built...
Old 09-22-09, 10:44 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

I think you have been schooled enough to get the point into your head, so I'll just quote this again to be douchey. Twit.
Old 09-23-09, 06:14 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by MR_F1
I think you have been schooled enough to get the point into your head, so I'll just quote this again to be douchey. Twit.
Since when did this turn into a fricken' pissing contest? Get your head out of your ****, no one's here to school anyone.
Old 09-23-09, 12:48 PM
LexFather

Relax guys thanks
Old 09-23-09, 08:01 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

I have one on order...

In my dreams.