LFA Model (2012)

Undisguised matte black LF-A looks ready for the kill

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-09, 06:37 AM
DeTomaso
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undisguised matte black LF-A looks ready for the kill

Autocar published some new pics in trendy matte black, just days after a white lf-a was spotted around the Ring. This time even less camouflage was used so we get a clear view of both front and rear lights. I prefer the black one for sure!

It looks like the design of the rear is final and although i don't like it as much as the LF-A concept II this change is probably a result of the cooling problems they experienced with car 15 at the Nürburgring 24H. Form follows function seems to be the credo of this presumably very radical car.

link: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...aspx?im=284358

Edit: I suddenly noticed the car in these pics has Recaro seats and some kind of rollbar behind them (it sure looks quite cramped back there)...maybe this is the race version?

Last edited by DeTomaso; 09-22-09 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-22-09, 08:39 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DeTomaso
Autocar published some new pics in trendy matte black, just days after a white lf-a was spotted around the Ring. This time even less camouflage was used so we get a clear view of both front and rear lights. I prefer the black one for sure!
Not exactly a clear view with tapes still around the lights, but much clearer indeed.
It looks like the design of the rear is final and although i don't like it as much as the LF-A concept II this change is probably a result of the cooling problems they experienced with car 15 at the Nürburgring 24H. Form follows function seems to be the credo of this presumably very radical car.
Road from concept to production is always full of compromises. It's still a very good looking car, but just not as exotic-looking as its concepts suggested or as its rumored price tags should warrant IMHO.
Edit: I suddenly noticed the car in these pics has Recaro seats and some kind of rollbar behind them (it sure looks quite cramped back there)...maybe this is the race version?
Thanks to the huge website logos that cover all the important window areas in the previous pics of the white car, we don't know if these Recaro seats and rollbars are something that are only in the black car and not present in the white car. Hopefully they are an option so that buyers get to choose whether or not they want it.

Last edited by Mister Two; 09-22-09 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-22-09, 11:47 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Menacing indeed!! Thx for the links, looks great. It definitely will look the part of a exotic IMO. Hopefully someone will produce a matte black production model...
Old 09-22-09, 12:19 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

I'd hit it.............

Sideways into a guard rail trying to go sub 7:15 around the nurburgring
Old 09-22-09, 04:41 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

The matte finish better be an option!

Let see the CCX-R is Darth Vader worthy. So who is worthy of the LF-A? Make it Bruce Wayne's beater, seeing his LP-640 got totalled LOL I kid I kid. It can't be Iron Man seeing he has an R8. Hmm....
Old 09-22-09, 05:44 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't these all need to be going into the LF A thread?