LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-10, 11:20 AM
Bildilla
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
^^ Awesome shots. So cool to see the LFA all over the world.

Tanks.. J have many more!!
More is coming!!!

The sets was perfect And the sound!!!
Old 05-28-10, 06:25 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice pictures!!!

This link is to the materials selection portfolio which a prospective LFA owner in Canada is looking through...caliper colors, leather and stitch samples, etc. There are 6 pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itzjere/4643344937/
Old 05-30-10, 09:19 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by encore888
Nice pictures!!!

This link is to the materials selection portfolio which a prospective LFA owner in Canada is looking through...caliper colors, leather and stitch samples, etc. There are 6 pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itzjere/4643344937/
I wonder what color he'd picked?
That was the same kit I worked with to finalize the details of my car. They told us one buyer was sort of color blind, so his wife was there to help and she took forever to decide.
Old 05-30-10, 09:24 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
same here, it just looks the best to me
Ya, white gives the most contrast on the exterior. It was down to white and dark red for me, and my 4yrs old daughter broke the deadlock by voting on the latter.
Old 05-31-10, 11:16 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/lexus-lfa...e-and-ferrari/

Lexus LFA proves an easy sell, in the land of Porsche and Ferrari

Lexus LFAAs we may know already, Lexus has a tough job selling its cars in the backyard of BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. As it wasn’t hard enough, selling the Lexus LFA sports car appears to be an impossible mission to an elite European clique accustomed to Porsche and Ferrari.

Actually, it is not hard at all, as the Japanese manufacturer announced that a third of the orders from Europe were placed in Germany, the home of Porsche. Lexus already brought these customers to this year’s Nurburgring 24-hour endurance race in Germany to wine and dine them as two LFAs competed in the race. According to Lexus, the buyers had plunked down 100,000 euros ($125,715). Apparently, the future LFA owners said that they were looking for a different sports car without being flashy or overwrought. Also, the customer service offered by Lexus is a refreshing contrast to the haughty elitism of rival brands
Old 05-31-10, 12:09 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex

Lexus LFAAs we may know already, Lexus has a tough job selling its cars in the backyard of BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. As it wasn’t hard enough, selling the Lexus LFA sports car appears to be an impossible mission to an elite European clique accustomed to Porsche and Ferrari.

Actually, it is not hard at all, as the Japanese manufacturer announced that a third of the orders from Europe were placed in Germany, the home of Porsche. Lexus already brought these customers to this year’s Nurburgring 24-hour endurance race in Germany to wine and dine them as two LFAs competed in the race. According to Lexus, the buyers had plunked down 100,000 euros ($125,715). Apparently, the future LFA owners said that they were looking for a different sports car without being flashy or overwrought. Also, the customer service offered by Lexus is a refreshing contrast to the haughty elitism of rival brands
Not suprised one bit...where is TommyJames?

Kidding aside, article confused me a little, Lexus brought German LFA buyers to 24 Nurburgring and then the buyers themselves spent 100k Euros on what? Or did they bring some more special clients to show them the LFA and then they put down 100k Euros deposit?
Old 05-31-10, 12:19 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by G Star

Kidding aside, article confused me a little, Lexus brought German LFA buyers to 24 Nurburgring and then the buyers themselves spent 100k Euros on what? Or did they bring some more special clients to show them the LFA and then they put down 100k Euros deposit?
I think those that deposited the 100k Euros were attending the race
Old 05-31-10, 12:19 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by G Star

I think Lexus sent them on a courtesy trip to the race since they had already put down the deposit.
Old 05-31-10, 01:17 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by OP Article
Apparently, the future LFA owners said that they were looking for a different sports car without being flashy or overwrought. Also, the customer service offered by Lexus is a refreshing contrast to the haughty elitism of rival brands
I don't think the LFA could conceivably be viewed as not being "flashy or overwrought", but I will agree that Lexus' stated customer service plans, especially as regards dealership support, far exceeds anything that was ever demonstrated or offered to me when I previously shopped exotics.
Old 05-31-10, 03:31 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gengar
I don't think the LFA could conceivably be viewed as not being "flashy or overwrought", but I will agree that Lexus' stated customer service plans, especially as regards dealership support, far exceeds anything that was ever demonstrated or offered to me when I previously shopped exotics.
In relation to Lamborghini or McLaren it is a bit more conservative. We're talking about the most extroverted segment there is.
Old 05-31-10, 05:13 PM
LexFather

Thanks Speedflex, I found the entire article.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#ixzz0pYVQkcQs

Lexus says it has orders and down payments for all 500 of the $375,000 LFA sports cars it plans to build.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#ixzz0pYWI2DGf

FINAL ASSEMBLY
In the land of Porsche and Ferrari, Lexus sports car proves an easy sell

Automotive News -- May 31, 2010 - 12:01 am ET

Lexus says it has orders and down payments for all 500 of the $375,000 LFA sports cars it plans to build.

Selling the Lexus brand in the backyard of BMW, Audi and Mercedes is tough enough. But promoting the Japanese brand's LFA sports car to an elite European clique accustomed to Porsche and Ferrari must be a hopeless cause, right?

Actually, the pitch has been easier than expected.

Parent Toyota already has booked orders and taken down payments for all 500 of the $375,000 sports cars it plans to build over the model's life.

Lexus isn't giving details of orders by region. But it says that a third of the orders from Europe were placed in Germany. Lexus brought eight of those buyers to this year's Nurburgring 24-hour endurance race in Germany to wine and dine them as two LFAs competed at the legendary circuit. Each buyer already had plunked down 100,000 euros ($125,715).

The future LFA owners said they were looking for a different car that exudes performance and prestige without being flashy or overwrought. Europeans also appreciate the doting customer service offered by Lexus, a refreshing contrast to the haughty elitism of rival brands.

One buyer, a manufacturing engineer who declined to be identified, compared the LFA to owning a rare, ultraexpensive mechanical wristwatch. "To most people, it's an unknown quantity," he said. "But true aficionados know its value."

Manfred Sattler, the owner of a software company and an auto racing team, picked the LFA primarily because it is different. As a German with a 500-hp Hummer H2 and two Dodge Vipers in his garage, he has an eye for the unorthodox.

Said Sattler: "About 20 years ago, I said I'd never drive a German."

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#ixzz0pYVQkcQs
[via autonews - sub. required]

Old 05-31-10, 06:01 PM
LexFather

http://www.lexus-lfa.com/

If you go to Digital Premium there are ringtones for the iPhone and MP3 downloads...
Old 06-01-10, 04:26 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by speedflex

Finally, an official closure, all sceptics can rest now. I love it
Old 06-01-10, 04:34 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Finally, an official closure, all sceptics can rest now. I love it

It is a new day in their old world of how things have always been done, how refreshing! This shows that there is always room for the new kid, long as he bringing something exciting, inspired and intriguing to the table.
Old 06-01-10, 05:33 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

but i thought the car was omg overpriced /sarcasm

nice tip on the ringtones. Maybe I'll put that on my Incredible when it comes in

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)