LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-10, 07:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Fair enough then. I will agree to disagree on some of these points .

Unless you have some insider info and somehow know for sure this is an LFA test mule and not a test mule for something else, I think it could be anything IMHO .
I think you have forgotten who i'm connected with or get my info from.
Old 06-04-10, 08:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
IMO initially, Lexus Corporate allocated the LFAs to their regional units, so the cars are not sold until a buyer put down the deposit. Whereas these last few cars are probably purchased by Lexus USA (from unsold allocation else where), and they will resell them eventually. So from the corporate POV, all 500 are sold.

It would be interesting to know how many is remaining for end customers. I know the big Lexus dealers would love to have an LFA for their showrooms, but they were not allowed to put in applications.
there have been reports saying that some dealerships will get cars anyway, up to 50 from what i have read so far. but to me until all cars are really sold to people, then they aren't all sold. it's pretty different between saying all cars are allocated (including to dealerships) vs sold to public/individuals. talking to people i know, that's how some exotic companies do it. manufacturer says all cars are spoken for, but it's more like allocated to dealerships, but not sold to public yet
Old 06-04-10, 08:49 AM
LexFather

I believe 150 units were for the US initially but if I recall US demand was so great they changed the allocation to 170 units here. So that means there are 20 or so competing spots for the car here. Its not that many available.

The USA is their biggest market and made Lexus what it is today so surely they probably are trying to appease loyal customers by shifting some allocation here.

I mean technically speaking if every owner of a Lexus dealership wanted one and got one then that would leave hardly any for consumers.

We know that over 1100 people wanted the car and could get it so they are simply continuing to finalize allocation (which isn't so simple )
Old 06-04-10, 09:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

though i find it interesting that they are asking prospective buyers to call them (the number is working). if they had that much demand and allocate more cars to the US, then that should mean they have more people on the waiting list already. why ask for more? i remember initially they said they had a lot of calls and they number was shutting down, but doesn't seem to be the case. and per s2000tois350, there are a lot of pissed off rich people getting rejected, doesn't fall in line with more cars now and them asking for more potential buyers to call

and at the same time they should have allocated more cars back to japan too, considering the demand it just as high if not higher than the US. dave600hl isn't getting a second chance from what i have read so far, i would love to see him getting one

anyway, just some questions to think about. imho, no one can say it for sure one way or the other, when lexus is not releasing any numbers
Old 06-04-10, 09:08 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i saw the ad twice on TV last night
Old 06-04-10, 09:10 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

There is still a chance to buy the LFA from dealers reselling? I wish 500k just dropped from the sky right onto my doorstep right now.
Old 06-04-10, 10:20 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
. talking to people i know, that's how some exotic companies do it. manufacturer says all cars are spoken for, but it's more like allocated to dealerships, but not sold to public yet
I disagree. If this were the case, they could have said all 500 were sold on the first day of sales. I really believe that Lexus USA bought the extra allocation, and they are just in the process of reselling them.
Old 06-04-10, 10:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
I disagree. If this were the case, they could have said all 500 were sold on the first day of sales. I really believe that Lexus USA bought the extra allocation, and they are just in the process of reselling them.
well, of course it's a debate of conspiracy theory. but then it does take a few days or weeks to get all cars allocated to dealerships (ie make them buy the car).

ferrari says all 599 gto are gone already, do you really think they are all gone? i can tell you the answer.

of course, i do want to make it clear that i am not saying that's the same case with lexus. but at the same time, no one can be sure, especially with all the conflicting information. it remains to be a very interesting topic
Old 06-04-10, 11:19 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Nice to see the US getting another 21 LFAs
Old 06-04-10, 12:47 PM
swenrac
Driver School Candidate

here's something funny and, in the same time, quite awesome: Lexus LFA got sold out, altough its production starts in December.that's a good way to run a business, GG Lexus
Old 06-04-10, 01:53 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my last post, i said that EVO magazine had an article on the LFA vs. the SLS, but I was wrong, i had the wrong magazine. it was CAR magazine, a british publication that has Supercar World Cup as it's title. It has a section on the LFA vs. the SLS AMG, I'm going to try to pick it up later on today and if anyone else picks it up maybe you could post some of the excerpts here? I'll try to.
Old 06-04-10, 02:05 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TF109B
In my last post, i said that EVO magazine had an article on the LFA vs. the SLS, but I was wrong, i had the wrong magazine. it was CAR magazine, a british publication that has Supercar World Cup as it's title. It has a section on the LFA vs. the SLS AMG, I'm going to try to pick it up later on today and if anyone else picks it up maybe you could post some of the excerpts here? I'll try to.
I sure will.

LFA=

Old 06-04-10, 02:37 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the good thing about the issue is it has the LP670-4 Murc vs. the Veyron, and the LFA vs. SLS, then it has the 599GTO and the Aston one-77 as well. sounds like an awesome issue
Old 06-04-10, 04:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

that sounds like a great issue to get
Old 06-04-10, 04:21 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

The number has always been loosely announced by Lexus. I first heard 200 would be allocated, then shrunk to 150 and now up to 170. I don't think people should be alarmed because allocation for the LFA has always been an approximation globally. If the damand is higher in other regions, they have the ability to allocate units accordingly.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)