LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-10, 02:10 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

More on the luggage kit 1SICKLEX posted about:

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2010/08/1...e-lfa-luggage/

Tumi today announced its partnership with Lexus to create a premium line of travel cases customized to complement the look and feel of the 2012 LFA supercar. The dynamic style of the LFA requires a special design of Tumi luggage which will accompany the car in select markets, including the US and Europe. The vehicle identification number (VIN) corresponding with the owner’s LFA will also be inscribed on each bag to complete the exclusive experience.

The unique line of Tumi cases for the LFA supercar has a hybrid construction, and is styled using components that are directly related to the appearance of the car. Never before have a hard shell, aluminum and carbon fiber-like material, been used in this manner to execute special cases. The custom sizes enable the pieces to be easily packed and lifted from the cargo area. Each case is designed with a distinct purpose. The smaller “concourse” piece is proportioned to fit the essentials for track racing, including gloves and shoes, or items for a quick getaway. The larger “coastal” case is for longer trips when a change of clothes is required. Each piece has an asymmetrical retractable handle and shoulder strap as well as non-skid feet, which hold the luggage in place while the car is in motion.
Anyone want to bet over/under on the price?
Old 08-12-10, 03:14 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the LFA requires a fair bit of brake fluid servicing. For a car of this nature, it of course is to be expected I guess.

I'm also really curious how fast Scott was able to go through the corkscrew in the LFA.
Sorry, yes this is what I was trying get at. This was one of the things that stuck in my mind as high maintenance.

Rominl, definitely will be lower maintenance then other super cars, which is one of the reasons why I wanted the LFA, any other car and I would not have time for it. I am still young and I believe in the value that you get back what you put into life , so I am working hard right now (wow, how did that stuff creep into this thread? )

Gengar, have you driven other Exotics? If so , how easy was it to drive compared to them? That was another reason I wanted one, b/c of the ease of driving promised by my dealer.
Old 08-12-10, 03:56 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Gengar, have you driven other Exotics? If so , how easy was it to drive compared to them? That was another reason I wanted one, b/c of the ease of driving promised by my dealer.
I haven't driven the LFA. I've tracked several exotics but as far as experience driving exotics on the street and public roads, that's limited to not very long in an 430 F1. If I do get a chance to drive an LFA before delivery, I'll let you know.
Old 08-12-10, 06:39 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

LFA is part of Top Gear' magazine's "ultimate supercar showdown":

LFA vs 458 Italia vs Gallardo Superleggera vs GT3 RS vs SLS AMG

The magazine is out. Apparently, The Stig ran laps in each car. I went and I checked, it has not arrived yet in my local bookstore. Can someone else please check their local bookstores for the TopGear magazine?

Unfortunately, it is the same beaten down white LFA they are using.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/top...september-2010
Old 08-12-10, 06:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

The magazine is out. Apparently, The Stig ran laps in each car. I went and I checked, it has not arrived yet in my local bookstore. Can someone else please check their local bookstores for the TopGear magazine?

Unfortunately, it is the same beaten down white LFA they are using.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/top...september-2010
I will check tomorrow.
Old 08-12-10, 07:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

"5 greatest supercars of the year"

That sounds quite good. Hopefully, Stig ran a dry lap in the LFA, which is bound to be better than the 1:22 wet lap he ran before.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I will check tomorrow.
Old 08-12-10, 09:42 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

The magazine is out.
I don't usually buy Top Gear so can't be too sure about it, but I recall that the US doesn't get our version of the magazine for quite some time after the UK release. We may have to get this from fan scans.
Old 08-13-10, 08:16 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LFA pictures

Can someone put together a thread with pictures of the LFA in different colors both ext and int?
Old 08-13-10, 07:41 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Lexus and Tumi saddle the LFA with custom carbon-fiber luggage

Lexus and Tumi saddle the LFA with custom carbon-fiber luggage

Necessity is the mother of invention, or so the saying goes. But this will likely be the first and last time we ever refer to necessity and the Lexus LFA in the same context. Because while it may be a lot of things, the LFA could hardly be counted as a necessity by anyone this side of a Toyota executive bent on showing up Europe's finest.

Supercars, as you may well know, often suffer from rather cramped luggage space, and so the fitted luggage was developed out of necessity. Some of the more established exotic marques like Ferrari and Maserati are well accustomed to offering baggage specifically designed (usually by some very exclusive leather craftsmen like Schedoni or Ferragamo) to fit into the diminutive trunks on their supercars. But for Lexus, this is new territory. So they've turned to established luxury luggage-makers Tumi to develop a set specifically for the LFA.

The result is a set of hard-shell suitcases custom fitted to the LFA's trunk. Each is made of aluminum and carbon fiber, and each has a specific purpose. Like the "concourse" case that's made to fit driving gloves and shoes for track work, or the "coastal" case for longer trips. Each unit will also carry the VIN from the actual car for that added bit of exclusivity.

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/lexus...-tumi/#3255887

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/13/l...fiber-luggage/
Old 08-13-10, 08:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Can someone put together a thread with pictures of the LFA in different colors both ext and int?
Maybe we all can do it together.

Originally Posted by gengar
I don't usually buy Top Gear so can't be too sure about it, but I recall that the US doesn't get our version of the magazine for quite some time after the UK release. We may have to get this from fan scans.
True. I have the latest issue, August with the Veryon Supersport on the cover. Nothing on the LFA inside.....

Banzai does have a write-up on the RIng race and they talk about the LFA there and have some pics of it and the IS F that was raced.
Old 08-13-10, 09:00 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Actually, if you read the website I posted, the "Greatest supercar showdown" is in the September 2010 issue, which just got released in Europe.

That means it will be here in North America in the next 3 - 4 days or so.

It is also frustrating that no one is putting up the AutoZeitung scan of the LFA vs SLS AMG and there is no way I can get a hold of it from a bookstore. So far that is the best review LFA has got and also the most impressive track numbers on both Contidrom and AutoZeitung tracks yet no one seems to want to put the scans up. I am so looking forward to reading the full test. I wish I could buy it.

0 - 100 KM/H (62 mph) 3.9 seconds (remember European magazines don't use 1-foot roll out like Americans)
0 - 200 KM/H (125 mph) 11.4 seconds
400 meter (1/4 mile) 11.3 seconds

So LFA pulled an 11.3 seconds in the 1/4 mile with AutoZeitung.

True. I have the latest issue, August with the Veryon Supersport on the cover. Nothing on the LFA inside.....

Banzai does have a write-up on the RIng race and they talk about the LFA there and have some pics of it and the IS F that was raced.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 08-13-10 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-14-10, 12:44 PM
LexFather

Actually, if you read the website I posted, the "Greatest supercar showdown" is in the September 2010 issue, which just got released in Europe.

That means it will be here in North America in the next 3 - 4 days or so.

It is also frustrating that no one is putting up the AutoZeitung scan of the LFA vs SLS AMG and there is no way I can get a hold of it from a bookstore. So far that is the best review LFA has got and also the most impressive track numbers on both Contidrom and AutoZeitung tracks yet no one seems to want to put the scans up. I am so looking forward to reading the full test. I wish I could buy it.

0 - 100 KM/H (62 mph) 3.9 seconds (remember European magazines don't use 1-foot roll out like Americans)
0 - 200 KM/H (125 mph) 11.4 seconds
400 meter (1/4 mile) 11.3 seconds

So LFA pulled an 11.3 seconds in the 1/4 mile with AutoZeitung.
Thanks. Since this cars debut I have collected any article big or small on it. I've read the SLS vs LFA pieces and they were in the end **** compared to the review Chris Harris did for EVO or Tiff Needal did for 5th gear.

A bud of mine has a SLS so it was my 2nd time checking it out. We didn't get into the LFA but the SLS to me lacks much of the visual drama of the LFA or the 458 or even Gallardo parked nearby. If the SLS had traditional doors you might not even notice it which is a shame b/c it seems to be a fantastic drive. The SLR was much more dramatic but it was carbon fiber and the price was twice as much.

Its amazing that detractors seem to forget a RWD LFA posted the fastest lap time on Top Gears track, beating AWD exotics.

Personally I do not expect the LFA to be the fastest. What it does it give a involving experience. Thus no dual clutch.

The GTR and 458 and SLS have dual clutches. It helps make them faster. It also is like driving a Prius with CVT compared to some other sports cars. No drama.
Old 08-14-10, 04:34 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. The problem all the hater crew that they use as an excuse is the price. Ofcourse, their argument is always like "it costs that much, it should perform that much better than say 458 or GTR etc."

I think the LFA's weak temporary tires are not doing it justice in a straight line and also the tall gearing could be another thing.

The AutoZeitung comparo seems like a very well balanced one since LFA beat it all around including overall. Both cars were evenly matched in a straight line, but LFA beat it in handling and laptimes etc.

Now remember SLS AMG set a record around Contidrom and LFA beat it around Contidrom by 1:8 secs.

Thanks. Since this cars debut I have collected any article big or small on it. I've read the SLS vs LFA pieces and they were in the end **** compared to the review Chris Harris did for EVO or Tiff Needal did for 5th gear.

A bud of mine has a SLS so it was my 2nd time checking it out. We didn't get into the LFA but the SLS to me lacks much of the visual drama of the LFA or the 458 or even Gallardo parked nearby. If the SLS had traditional doors you might not even notice it which is a shame b/c it seems to be a fantastic drive. The SLR was much more dramatic but it was carbon fiber and the price was twice as much.

Its amazing that detractors seem to forget a RWD LFA posted the fastest lap time on Top Gears track, beating AWD exotics.

Personally I do not expect the LFA to be the fastest. What it does it give a involving experience. Thus no dual clutch.

The GTR and 458 and SLS have dual clutches. It helps make them faster. It also is like driving a Prius with CVT compared to some other sports cars. No drama.
Old 08-14-10, 05:12 PM
LexFather

Thanks. The problem all the hater crew that they use as an excuse is the price. Ofcourse, their argument is always like "it costs that much, it should perform that much better than say 458 or GTR etc."

I think the LFA's weak temporary tires are not doing it justice in a straight line and also the tall gearing could be another thing.

The AutoZeitung comparo seems like a very well balanced one since LFA beat it all around including overall. Both cars were evenly matched in a straight line, but LFA beat it in handling and laptimes etc.

Now remember SLS AMG set a record around Contidrom and LFA beat it around Contidrom by 1:8 secs.
I think the LFA being Japanese has threatened the establishment. The other fact is LEXUS produces it. For all of Lexus success and beating the odds TONS of people hate the brand. The brand can do nothing right by them. One one hand they hate Lexus for being boring. On the other hand they hate Lexus for trying to be sporty. Lexus producing an EXOTIC and made heads explode. This is the company that makes the ES for crying out loud! This is impossible!! Some of these people would have rather Acura make another NSX or Infiniti make the Essence than Lexus make the LFA. Lexus now being the sportiest Japanese brand is NOT how it was supposed to me. Not by performance but just because it was built. Did anyone really think the LFA was going to outperform anything? This is not the 1980s. We have two standards basically. The McLaren F1 for all round sports car and the Bugatti Veryon for power and speed. Guess what, both cost over 1 million dollars easily.

Its kind of tiring to see the LFA being held to a different yardstick. I don't read reviews where people say this European Exotic is that much slower, or more expensive yadda yadda over the others. Some people keep saying for the price its not faster. Well we can hold that argument for nearly all exotics. There simply is not one DOMINANT exotic around today. Hell the 458 and 430 Scuderia can match the Enzo in performance. Does that make the Enzo stupid? Hell no! I'll still take the Enzo!

Its also amusing to see the LFA's carbon fiber construction now downplayed like everyone does it. The 458 is not CF. The Enzo is. Notice the difference in price.

We live in an era where supercars can be beat and/or paced by 997.2 PDK Turbo 911s and Nissan GT-Rs. Should we say all exotics are not worth it?

No, that is ridiculous. Performance is not the say all be all of exotics. Rarity, how they look, how they feel, heritage, materials, quality, stories, etc all make great exotics.

For some reason some people want to hold the LFA to some performance only standard while simultaneously throwing its other merits out the window.

Shouldn't we all welcome cars like this? Where the beancounters and accountants didn't win? Where PASSION won? We know this will lose tens of millions. Passion brought it here.

Last edited by LexFather; 08-14-10 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-14-10, 06:05 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Well said.

I agree with nearly everything you said. I still think LFA will establish itself as one of the best supercars. It is a matter of time before people start accepting it.

Goodwood, Contidrom, TopGear, AutoZeitung track so far and LFA has put down the most impressive laptimes on each track.

TopGear themselves claim TheStig can run atleast 4 seconds faster in a dry lap than he will in a wet lap. That becomes atleast 1:18.8 seconds in the dry, which is faster than all mainstream production supercars of today.

I think the LFA being Japanese has threatened the establishment. The other fact is LEXUS produces it. For all of Lexus success and beating the odds TONS of people hate the brand. The brand can do nothing right by them. One one hand they hate Lexus for being boring. On the other hand they hate Lexus for trying to be sporty. Lexus producing an EXOTIC and made heads explode. This is the company that makes the ES for crying out loud! This is impossible!! Some of these people would have rather Acura make another NSX or Infiniti make the Essence than Lexus make the LFA. Lexus now being the sportiest Japanese brand is NOT how it was supposed to me. Not by performance but just because it was built. Did anyone really think the LFA was going to outperform anything? This is not the 1980s. We have two standards basically. The McLaren F1 for all round sports car and the Bugatti Veryon for power and speed. Guess what, both cost over 1 million dollars easily.

Its kind of tiring to see the LFA being held to a different yardstick. I don't read reviews where people say this European Exotic is that much slower, or more expensive yadda yadda over the others. Some people keep saying for the price its not faster. Well we can hold that argument for nearly all exotics. There simply is not one DOMINANT exotic around today. Hell the 458 and 430 Scuderia can match the Enzo in performance. Does that make the Enzo stupid? Hell no! I'll still take the Enzo!

Its also amusing to see the LFA's carbon fiber construction now downplayed like everyone does it. The 458 is not CF. The Enzo is. Notice the difference in price.

We live in an era where supercars can be beat and/or paced by 997.2 PDK Turbo 911s and Nissan GT-Rs. Should we say all exotics are not worth it?

No, that is ridiculous. Performance is not the say all be all of exotics. Rarity, how they look, how they feel, heritage, materials, quality, stories, etc all make great exotics.

For some reason some people want to hold the LFA to some performance only standard while simultaneously throwing its other merits out the window.

Shouldn't we all welcome cars like this? Where the beancounters and accountants didn't win? Where PASSION won? We know this will lose tens of millions. Passion brought it here.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)