LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-10, 09:54 AM
LexFather

ST430 get observation

Originally Posted by Koma
I remember Mike (1SICKLEX) posting something that the 2nd Gen ES was designed with samurai masks in mind as well.

But I agree, I did notice that at the time they unveiled the "final" concept LFA.

Although I do really miss the LFA II and LFA I designs.
That is correct. The Revised Mitsubishi 3000GT also went with Samurai mask influence.

Also the original IS F blades were designed after Samurai swords

Originally Posted by 1AJeremy
Speaking of LFA's. This was spotted at a Massachusetts dealer the other day... I think it maaaay be the same car that is in the top pictures oddly enough.

Enjoy!
-Jeremy
Old 09-03-10, 10:39 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which Lexus in Mass? I WANT TO SEE IT IN PERSON!
Old 09-03-10, 11:00 AM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woohoo! Pre-Owned! I'll take it.
Old 09-03-10, 11:22 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Koma
I remember Mike (1SICKLEX) posting something that the 2nd Gen ES was designed with samurai masks in mind as well.

But I agree, I did notice that at the time they unveiled the "final" concept LFA.

Although I do really miss the LFA II and LFA I designs.
Originally Posted by AznJason
Woohoo! Pre-Owned! I'll take it.
hahahahahahaha
Old 09-03-10, 12:07 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Noticed the tires say Bridgestone POTENZA and this means they aren't the special LFA spec tires. So if this is the same LFA that's on the Tanner Foust R8 vs LFA video, that means it's still not wearing all it's 'clothes' or 'equipment' to do proper battle. That thing was flying in that video though. It went through 3 gears in a little over 10 seconds going by the youtube video timer.
Old 09-03-10, 02:58 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Well, this prototype had launch control system. You could clearly see Tanner using it as the revs gradually build up to around 3800 - 4000 rpm and then it dropped the clutch from there.
And you can tell from the video that the launch control didn't work well at all (very poorly actually), with an excessive amount of wheel spin off the line still. Lexus really needs to rework that system ahead of production.
I think this is a new prototype rather than repainted white one (hopefully). The video looks like Tanner maxed out 3rd gear, which goes till 138 mph.

So it took that LFA only 11.x seconds for it to get from 0 - 138 mph? That is almost too fast.
Well most likely the car was short-shifted so it may not have been as fast as you think when it reached the 3rd gear.
Old 09-03-10, 03:00 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mister Two
And you can tell from the video that the launch control didn't work well at all, with plenty of wheel spin off the line still.Well most likely the car was short-shifted so it may not have been as fast as you think when it reached the 3rd gear.
Didn't sound short shifted to me, the LFA beeps when it lets you know to change gears. I guess in your mind Tanner Foust will short shift a car he knows can rev to 9500RPM
Old 09-03-10, 03:07 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,789 Posts

There is no RWD launch control that limits wheelspin. In order to get a fast start, some wheelspin is always needed.

You can see how this Italia using launch control spun badly off the line and the computer was hitting the rev limiter of 1st gear to gain traction before shifting to second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXBsWc7FeU

The LFA launch in my view was perfect.

Regarding short shifting, the first two gear indeed were till redline. The only question is 3rd gear where I am sure it was short shifted. Considering 3rd gear goes uptill 138 mph, he must have shifted atleast at 125 - 128 mph, which still was 10.x seconds.

Again, not scientific at all, but definitely an observation.

Originally Posted by Mister Two
And you can tell from the video that the launch control didn't work well at all (very poorly actually), with an excessive amount of wheel spin off the line still. Lexus really needs to rework that system ahead of production.Well most likely the car was short-shifted so it may not have been as fast as you think when it reached the 3rd gear.
Old 09-03-10, 03:18 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

I agree with you 'rolla, we usually see things the same way. Check this video out! A 'full' lap of Fuji in the 24Hour Race LFA-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjMNySV0MsQ

and another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G34Qsb_LYog

here's another one with Scott Biggers introducing the LFA (yellow) to a bunch of rich people, lol- listen to that sound!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAiBubMsuOs
This video has some really high quality to it, you can actually hear how the LFA actually sounds. And notice the Display- 3500+kilometers

Last video- Right Hand Drive LFA, Red with light colored wheels- can anyone Identify the driver? And look at the color of the leather!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0s7mza2bv4

Last edited by TF109B; 09-03-10 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-03-10, 07:16 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Identify the driver? Lol that is Akio Toyoda himself revving the red one like crazy .

From all these videos, the LFA seriously sounds like a race car from hell. Like the guy said in the video of the yellow one, the sound of the LFA is worth the price of admission.

As for all these early comparisons involving pre-production LFAs, I refuse to believe the LFA is that slow at high speeds. I would not jump to any conclusions until we see full production LFAs in comparisons. I think we should not take these comparisons involving pre-production LFAs so seriously.
Old 09-03-10, 07:27 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

LOL- I know that's Akio Toyoda, that's why I said can anyone Identify him? haha, he's a car guru, an LFA enthusiast like us! Did you see the brownish tan leather in the red RHD LFA he was in?
Old 09-03-10, 07:56 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Yes, very nice leather. Lexus is doing a good job showing off custom options you can get in the LFA interior.
Old 09-03-10, 09:00 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,789 Posts

Amazing videos. The sound is unreal in all videos. I am pleased to see Toyoda being so passionate about the LFA. I really hope this will get him excited to build more cars like these.

Originally Posted by TF109B
I agree with you 'rolla, we usually see things the same way. Check this video out! A 'full' lap of Fuji in the 24Hour Race LFA-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjMNySV0MsQ

and another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G34Qsb_LYog

here's another one with Scott Biggers introducing the LFA (yellow) to a bunch of rich people, lol- listen to that sound!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAiBubMsuOs
This video has some really high quality to it, you can actually hear how the LFA actually sounds. And notice the Display- 3500+kilometers

Last video- Right Hand Drive LFA, Red with light colored wheels- can anyone Identify the driver? And look at the color of the leather!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0s7mza2bv4
Old 09-04-10, 09:24 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

I am now maddly in love with this car more than ever. Can't wait for 2012
Old 09-04-10, 11:10 AM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TF109B
You're right, it goes through the first 3 gears in about 11 seconds. Unless he's short shifting (which I doubt) this LFA is FLYING! I don't think they changed the gearing for any LFA so far, so I wouldn't say this one is different. That means this thing potentially went 135mph in ~11 seconds! That's crazy if true. I think he might have gone slower or faster than that. But, going back viewing it again, the LFA starts launching at 1:42, and ends 3rd gear just before 1:52 so if what you say is true and he isn't short shifting then it could potentially be hitting 135mph in short amount of time
Originally Posted by LexusMan77
Another video but this one features a yellow LFA vs Audi R8 although they dont accelerate at the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgAs7XzR5R0
Also notice how loud the LFA is even after it disappears from the shot. Amazing. The LFA should have been this loud during that Autocar drag race comparo versus the SLS.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)