LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-10, 07:30 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,789 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le8GO...layer_embedded

Notice how no one cares about the Ferrari F430 Scuderia or the Porsche GT2 997 911 Turbo that are parked in the background:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9WBH...layer_embedded

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 09-13-10 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-14-10, 12:44 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw that video. The yellow is a bit deceiving. At some locations it looks bland then in other shots it's vibrant. I'd like it to be a bit darker but it still looks good. Yellow brake calibers would set it off, I don't know why Lexus chose not to do this. This car isn't a repaint so why not? I donno. Hoping for battle of the supercars to show the episode of this soon. Wonder what times they achieved.

The first video intrigues me. Either this guy knows something we don't or he doesn't know about the LFA. Listen to the guy in the background at 1:35-1:50, he talks about if it has an Aluminum body? What's this about? I think he's just talking out his ***, but maybe there's more to it?

Last edited by TF109B; 09-14-10 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-14-10, 09:30 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

I don't think you guys have seen this Video ?? (from the same event n NY)

I haven't watched the whole thing yet....

2012 Lexus LFA Road Test - Monticello Race Club, New York

Video description = The lucky driver is from Spinelli Lexus in Pointe-Claire, first Canadian Lexus salesman invited to test drive the 2012 Lexus LFA!
This took place at the Monticello Motor Club on September 9th 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYUHA3ZlJrQ

Regards,

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-14-10 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-14-10, 09:42 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Yellow brake calibers would set it off, I don't know why Lexus chose not to do this. This car isn't a repaint so why not? I donno.
Yellow calipers aren't a standard available option on the LFA.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I don't think you guys have seen this Video ?? (from the same event n NY)

I haven't watched the whole thing yet....

2012 Lexus LFA Road Test - Monticello Race Club, New York

Video description = The lucky driver is from Spinelli Lexus in Pointe-Claire, first Canadian Lexus salesman invited to test drive the 2012 Lexus LFA!
This took place at the Monticello Motor Club on September 9th 2010.
Yeah, I saw this before - too bad he's driving so slowly.
Old 09-14-10, 02:32 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gengar
Yellow calipers aren't a standard available option on the LFA.
There are 6 colors of brake calipers to choose from on the website, yellow is one of them, are you telling me it's not an option or that it costs extra? how much extra if so? I'm sure when you're spending close to 400K on a car, the option of a painted caliper isn't such a big deal. And if this were the case, and it costed extra to have a painted caliper, why is it the white car has red brake calipers?

I think they should have set it off to match, along with having yellow stitching inside as well. Oh well, that's just my opinion. Lexus didn't do this, I would.
Old 09-14-10, 02:47 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

There are 6 colors of brake calipers to choose from on the website, yellow is one of them, are you telling me it's not an option or that it costs extra? how much extra if so? I'm sure when you're spending close to 400K on a car, the option of a painted caliper isn't such a big deal. And if this were the case, and it costed extra to have a painted caliper, why is it the white car has red brake calipers?

I think they should have set it off to match, along with having yellow stitching inside as well. Oh well, that's just my opinion. Lexus didn't do this, I would.
My mistake - I only remembered the gold color from my ordering session as far as yellow shades were concerned, but there definitely is a yellow caliper option on the order sheet.

Yellow is not an option for the stitching, but as I've mentioned in this thread, Lexus did indicate that they can customize interior colors for customer preference. I'm sure they'd do calipers too.
Old 09-14-10, 02:51 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

yeah, i wasn't trying to blast you or nothing! I was just on the configuration site. I saw they had yellow calipers. I wish they had more choices, but I'd pick blue. With a blue interior, i think it looks really good. The darkest wheels also and blue calipers with blue seat fronts and black for the rear of the seats. the headliner is black so it'd look good. Then blue carpet and blue steering wheel with black stitching. I think that is the best combo. I love red as well, but blue looks good and it's not as popular!
Old 09-15-10, 02:12 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Was doing some reading through speedhunters.com and came across the LFA article. They state that the LFA was faster through the corners than SuperGT GT500 cars! That's nuts. No wonder it needed Air Restrictors on the Nurburgring. The tires must be awesome. Either that or this thing produces serious downforce. But according the Akira Iida, he said it was because the way the LFA was set-up. http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010...-speedway.aspx

Quote- The braking and the g-forces were just insane! I later mentioned to the other driver piloting members of the media round the track, 2002 SUPER GT champion Akira Iida, that it seemed we were even faster than GT500 machinery through the corners. "Yes" he replied, "The way the car is set up, it's definitely quicker." I was speechless. Quite rare.
Old 09-15-10, 02:22 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was doing some reading through speedhunters.com and came across the LFA article. They state that the LFA was faster through the corners than SuperGT GT500 cars! That's nuts. No wonder it needed Air Restrictors on the Nurburgring. The tires must be awesome. Either that or this thing produces serious downforce. But according the Akira Iida, he said it was because the way the LFA was set-up. http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010...-speedway.aspx

Quote- The braking and the g-forces were just insane! I later mentioned to the other driver piloting members of the media round the track, 2002 SUPER GT champion Akira Iida, that it seemed we were even faster than GT500 machinery through the corners. "Yes" he replied, "The way the car is set up, it's definitely quicker." I was speechless. Quite rare.
That sounds great and all but apparently he's talking about the LF-A race car, with a wide body, stripped interior and all the hardcore aero bits among other race-spec'd mods.

Wish he could make more comments about his experience with testing the production LFA like he did in regards to the LFA's Nurburgring lap time.
http://www.insideline.com/lexus/lf-a...and-video.html

Last edited by Mister Two; 09-15-10 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-15-10, 07:19 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Jesus H. Christ!!!!! Do you know how retardedly fast that is? GT500 cars are THE fastest GT cars in existence. Faster than FIA GT1 cars, faster than some prototypes (yes, faster than Grand Am prototypes even). That is STUPID fast!

Looking forward now to Vitaphone running the LFA in GT1 next year
Old 09-15-10, 01:18 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mister Two
That sounds great and all but apparently he's talking about the LF-A race car, with a wide body, stripped interior and all the hardcore aero bits among other race-spec'd mods.

Wish he could make more comments about his experience with testing the production LFA like he did in regards to the LFA's Nurburgring lap time.
http://www.insideline.com/lexus/lf-a...and-video.html
Uh, really? I didn't say the production LFA, I said he was speaking of the race car. It's in the link. I would never say the production LFA is faster in corners than a GT500 car. That's near impossible considering those cars have downforce comparable to LeMans prototypes. If a GT500 car had the Horsepower of a GT1 car, they would spank LeMans. They already weigh in order of 1800lbs. and probably produce that in terms of downforce. The are LIMITED to 500HP, when in reality the engines they use can make much more, they are air restricted plus have added weight ballasts. Next to F1, these things are probably the most technologically advanced racers. So for the LFA to be faster through corners than these things is a testament to how well balanced and capable the LFA is. This thing is based on the production car anyway. Only a few body mods and a wing with slicks are the difference. It's even producing less HP than the production LFA, but weighs around 3100lbs. So it's not far off what a production LFA is.
Old 09-15-10, 01:28 PM
DFGeneer
Rookie

The LFA that participated in 2010 Nurburgring 24 hours was 1500 kg (3300 lbs). Very close to the weight of the production model.

http://adac.24h-rennen.de/Teamdatenb...ash=016e3b5a75
Old 09-15-10, 01:37 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Uh, really? I didn't say the production LFA, I said he was speaking of the race car. It's in the link. I would never say the production LFA is faster in corners than a GT500 car. That's near impossible considering those cars have downforce comparable to LeMans prototypes. If a GT500 car had the Horsepower of a GT1 car, they would spank LeMans. They already weigh in order of 1800lbs. and probably produce that in terms of downforce. The are LIMITED to 500HP, when in reality the engines they use can make much more, they are air restricted plus have added weight ballasts. Next to F1, these things are probably the most technologically advanced racers. So for the LFA to be faster through corners than these things is a testament to how well balanced and capable the LFA is. This thing is based on the production car anyway. Only a few body mods and a wing with slicks are the difference. It's even producing less HP than the production LFA, but weighs around 3100lbs. So it's not far off what a production LFA is.
Yes I know the GT500 racers are fast but they are limited by stringent regulations too. So sorry if I don't find a production-based race car beating another production-based race car too mind-blowing. After all the balance and dynamics of a production car do change greatly when you add such a huge wing, make it widebody, shift/reduce body weights by removing sound-deadening materials and passenger seat and adding a roll cage, and use slick tires, etc.. After all that, very little of the race car's balance and dynamics can speak for the production car anymore. All I'm saying is that I hope these LFA test drivers can share more thoughts on their testing of the production car because that's a lot more relevant to people interested in the LFA. Racing the LF-A (note the dash) is great, but it's really more about marketing and/or testing if the car's core components can withstand severe abuse than about testing the dynamics of the car.

Last edited by Mister Two; 09-15-10 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-15-10, 02:19 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DFGeneer
The LFA that participated in 2010 Nurburgring 24 hours was 1500 kg (3300 lbs). Very close to the weight of the production model.

http://adac.24h-rennen.de/Teamdatenb...ash=016e3b5a75
In the race car all the useless (in terms of handling) weights such as the sound-deadening materials, passenger seat and interior amenities are replaced with useful weights such as a wider body, wider wheels, a bigger wing, a stronger roll bar and a roll cage. The total weight may end up being similar to the production car but the difference in balance and dynamics will be like night and day as a result.
Old 09-15-10, 05:32 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,789 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDYGdmNFxIo

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)