LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-10, 08:50 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why I said OPTION. Weve seen the LFA with those recaros in Japan. Not sure if that was just because it was pre-production or not, or if it's only available in Japan. I was just saying that maybe seat fitment could be an option.
Old 10-23-10, 02:08 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Two
Congratz! Any words on the expected delivery date though?
3-4 weeks for "door-to-door" transport (via ocean) from Aichi to Long Beach, then however long it takes for the transport to wherever I decide to pick it up (most likely a dealer in/near Chicago, although I was offered delivery to anywhere I want - even my house). So probably 4-5 weeks total, making it a Feb/Mar delivery.

I didn't bother asking if an air freight option is available, but it'll be costly even if it is offered. Ferrari charged something like $4,500 for air freight for the 458. According to buyers on fchat, it is actually a "mandatory option" (what an oxymoron) for all 2010 deliveries to the US. So 2010 buyers get their 458s quicker whether they want it or not, but it also effectively raises the MSRP. (Of course, $4,500 probably seems like a bargain compared to other 458 options like $6k or however much for electric seats.)

Since it will be quite cold and possibly even snowy in the midwest during those times (the cold is actually the biggest issue due to the tires probably being undrivable in anything near freezing), I don't really care for rush delivery. Because of potential weather issues, I also mentioned to my dealer that I may actually "take delivery" and wind up leaving the car at the dealership until I can safely drive it.

Originally Posted by TF109B
What color combo did you get anyway Gengar? And is there anyone else on these forums that received an allocation?
I got similar spec to the blue LFA seen at Fuji in Japan on those yt vids (Pearl Blue, medium wheels) but with black calipers. Interior, all black except for blue stitching and blue alcantara seatfronts, the latter of which I chose in homage to my C43 and IS-F, both of which had/have contrasting seatfronts. I did select rear winglets, and no headlight washers. I got package II (ML, but no Enform). I did not bother with any delete options.

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
I got the words via Lexus Canada rep. While it's not a sure thing, I believe US customers would be offerred the tour as well.
What do you guys think about their idea for driving lessons in LFA's?
I've actually been bugging Lexus/USA for a plant tour since I received my allocation back in April. No hard details yet.

Last edited by gengar; 10-23-10 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-23-10, 09:56 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

^^ Sounds Exciting!!!

Which Official wheel color did you pick of the three..?

1) "Buff Polish Finish" = Looks like chrome, Polishing probably done by hand..

2) "Dark Premium Metallic Coating" = Dark Gunmetal Color

3) "Light Premium Metallic Coating" = Light Silver Color

Also, In the most respectful way, the dealership is the last place I would leave my LFA after pick up.. Unless they are going to lock in down in a Vault..

Joe Z
Old 10-23-10, 05:44 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Thanks, Gengar.

Blue would probably be my choice as well. I'd probably go for the matching calipers if there is such a way. Pearl Blue you said. Hm, that sounds good. Pearl probably looks really nice, has a certain shine to it. Blue seat fronts too? Pretty cool, did you just leave the steering wheel black? I probably would go with the gunmetal wheels, I just think they're the best color for wheels there is. I hope you share pictures with us asap though!
Old 10-23-10, 08:38 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by gengar
3-4 weeks for "door-to-door" transport (via ocean) from Aichi to Long Beach, then however long it takes for the transport to wherever I decide to pick it up (most likely a dealer in/near Chicago, although I was offered delivery to anywhere I want - even my house). So probably 4-5 weeks total, making it a Feb/Mar delivery.

I didn't bother asking if an air freight option is available, but it'll be costly even if it is offered. Ferrari charged something like $4,500 for air freight for the 458. According to buyers on fchat, it is actually a "mandatory option" (what an oxymoron) for all 2010 deliveries to the US. So 2010 buyers get their 458s quicker whether they want it or not, but it also effectively raises the MSRP. (Of course, $4,500 probably seems like a bargain compared to other 458 options like $6k or however much for electric seats.)

Since it will be quite cold and possibly even snowy in the midwest during those times (the cold is actually the biggest issue due to the tires probably being undrivable in anything near freezing), I don't really care for rush delivery. Because of potential weather issues, I also mentioned to my dealer that I may actually "take delivery" and wind up leaving the car at the dealership until I can safely drive it.

I got similar spec to the blue LFA seen at Fuji in Japan on those yt vids (Pearl Blue, medium wheels) but with black calipers. Interior, all black except for blue stitching and blue alcantara seatfronts, the latter of which I chose in homage to my C43 and IS-F, both of which had/have contrasting seatfronts. I did select rear winglets, and no headlight washers. I got package II (ML, but no Enform). I did not bother with any delete options.

Old 10-23-10, 10:04 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

So Nissan now has released yet another (worthless) lap time of the updated GTR at 7:22. LOL.

That is laughible considering no one in 3 years could ever remotely come close to the 7:27 claims of the GTR. Apparently, many people were mocking Nissan and said the samething, which was 'shaved slick tires'.

I completely agree with the 'shaved slicks' theory.
Old 10-24-10, 07:09 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

No, Nissan stated that their test driver was the one to hit that time, and that even some of their other drivers couldn't reach it, but were 10 seconds off his time. If you don't know the limit of the car you're in you can't exploit it. The GTR apparently has very high limits, and i would guess the driver who helped fine tune the GTR in the first place knows how to get the best he can from it. They estimated somewhere around 7:24, not 7:20, Im not sure where the 7:20 came from.
Old 10-24-10, 07:57 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I read all of that and none of that made any sense to me. Nissan had implied that because no one could run anything even remotely close necessarily implied no driver was competent enough to reach its potential like Kawasaki did, which is load of rubbish.

Nissan went on to insult legend Walter Rohrl by calling him "incompetent" because he could not run faster than 7:48 in a production-spec GTR after several laps. That shows how credible Nissan is.

It is only a marketing gimmick in my eyes.

No, Nissan stated that their test driver was the one to hit that time, and that even some of their other drivers couldn't reach it, but were 10 seconds off his time. If you don't know the limit of the car you're in you can't exploit it. The GTR apparently has very high limits, and i would guess the driver who helped fine tune the GTR in the first place knows how to get the best he can from it. They estimated somewhere around 7:24, not 7:20, Im not sure where the 7:20 came from.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-24-10 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-24-10, 10:11 PM
LexFather

I am a huge fan of Godzilla and I wish only the best of success for it. I will believe their claims like I believe the LFA can do lap times in the same range. We have seen way to many Nissan fans pick apart the LFA for all sorts of reasons and I REFUSE to do the same to the GT-R just because of what some idiots think. Please don't get caught up in that. The GT-R is SENSATIONAL!

Sorry I see nothing laughable about ANY GT-R. Even if it laps the time at 7:30 that time is ****ing incredible for the price.

I love the GT-R and I am beyond happy Nissan made it. I would own in a minute. They are both 2 bright stars from Japan. Lets appreciate it for it is fantastic.

Walter Rohl is a legendary driver and also Porsche's driver. Even with all his experience going into an unfamiliar car is well unfamiliar. He would be slow in a LFA. It takes TIME and PRACTICE to get the best out of cars.

I'll let Porsche and Nissan have their war of words/cars. Its great for consumers as Porsche really did some amazing stuff with the 911 997.2 911 Turbo, Turbo S and GT cars, including the new GT2 RS surely somewhat in response to the GT-R (Turbo updates).

Now Nissan has updated their GT-R with what 50 more hp. Oh joy!

Old 10-25-10, 12:26 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I believe they're capable of some super times, but that's because they've had time to fine tune their driving and skills in this car. If I spend time in one car and know it's limits and understand it's power and shift points, I'll be able to best anyone else who just steps in the car bar maybe a race driver. So Walter Rohrl is incompetent, IN A GTR! In a Porsche maybe not, but in their car he is. Anyway, I'm just hoping the LFA gets some serious tests once the production car hits. I don't see why Lexus states a curb weight between 32xx and 34xx but in tests the car weighs 36xx and sometimes 37xx. I'm not sure what that is, maybe a heavy driver and a car full of fuel, but it's suspicious. I hope we find out more and see if Lexus' weight claims are real or if they're pulling our legs.
Old 10-25-10, 08:36 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

LFA test weight never was 3600 - 3700 lbs.

It was mostly 3460 lbs - 35xx lbs, but yeah still quite heavy (though, LP570-4 superleggera and 458 Italia weigh in the same range).

Speaking of GTR, once the owners started hitting 18000 - 20,000 miles, they were hit with a 10,000 bill on brake replacements by Nissan. The oil change alone costs $2000 with about $120 per quart so it is far from the bargain that most people think it is.

. I don't see why Lexus states a curb weight between 32xx and 34xx but in tests the car weighs 36xx and sometimes 37xx. I'm not sure what that is, maybe a heavy driver and a car full of fuel, but it's suspicious. I hope we find out more and see if Lexus' weight claims are real or if they're pulling our legs.
Old 10-25-10, 08:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

do we know how much for brake replacement and oil change on the lfa yet?
Old 10-25-10, 09:43 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
do we know how much for brake replacement and oil change on the lfa yet?

Old 10-25-10, 09:53 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar

wow, I'm excited for you
I don't if I could sleep if I were in your shoe

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Dr. Evil
never mind, I was going to ask if it was the "$1 million" or the "$ bajillion"
Old 10-25-10, 11:21 AM
LexFather

Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure when the LFA was tested by Tanner etc they quoted a weight around 3300lbs?

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)