LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-10, 09:41 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

Yeah, I think so too that Lexus is very uncompromising of the type of people it wants to be seen with the LFA. Whatever that is.

I mean, they rejected Zachery Levi who is an A-list celebrity race car driver/actor. I heard he went on radio to b*tch about it and said he will now get an Audi R8 V10 instead (I hope he saw "Battle of the supercars"). There must be a solid reason why he got turned down.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Yeup thats right!!

To my knowledge, there are maybe only a handful to a dozen of USA allocations left...

If you don't meet the criteria, they will tell you no...

I'm sure I qualify... But I came up just a tad bit short for the $$$..

Joe Z
Old 11-05-10, 09:51 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Yeup thats right!!

To my knowledge, there are maybe only a handful to a dozen of USA allocations left...

If you don't meet the criteria, they will tell you no...

I'm sure I qualify... But I came up just a tad bit short for the $$$..

Joe Z
It does seem that there are potential buyers in the USA who have the money but don't meet the "criteria", with Zach Levi being a prime example. While it may be good for Lexus' image that all LFA buyers (in the US at least) are high-profile/high-class car enthusiasts, it definitely hurts their image if their criteria are so high to the point that it appears to the common people that Lexus can't even manage to find enough buyers to buy every one of the 500 LFAs. Lexus really needs to get their priorities straight here--first make sure all the cars can be sold, then talk about being picky about the buyers. At the very least don't reject the potential buyers right away.

Last edited by Mister Two; 11-05-10 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-05-10, 11:35 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

A lot of the surplus and/or rejections may have had to do with increasing the supply to the US region. At first it was 150, then 170, then 171, and now media reports 175. So now it's at least 25 more than initially reported. I'm sure they have their reasons for increasing the supply.
Old 11-05-10, 01:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yup, i am the one that's been bringing up the unsold lfa here in the US, but am i saying anything wrong? absolutely not. coz' lexus made the decision and thus the available ones. i am also the one who says if they put all the cars in other regions, they would have been sold already long ago, like japan. so what's the point? it's just like saying lfa will be faster with different tires or wing angle. yup, coulda, woulda, shoulda, but unless it's done, fact is fact.

no one knows how many lfa are already sold here in the US, one can only speculate, it's everyone's guess.

lol joe, unless you have tried (and we need proof), don't think you can say you are qualified zach getting rejected that's a big mystery on why he got rejected, given his status and racing background.

again it's also to be debated, but lexus said cars will be sold to people who will really drive the car, but that they are having a car in philippine for display, and that cars are sold to dealership GM, that's conflicting with their original desire.

there are information i got from lexus insider people on the lfa sales, but i am probably not in the right position to disclose. i can just say it doesn't make the lfa sales here in the US any more attractive at all, and just more evidence that lexus is having trouble selling the car here.

and just like mister_two, i very very much want to find out as well why they are doing this, trying to sell a car in a market where it doesn't sell. my guess is lexus cares a lot about the US market, after all here's where most of the money are made. they want to push the lfa out so people know about the car and help with the brand image. if end up having most cars in japan, it's not going to help them as a global brand much. but that part is my guess
Old 11-05-10, 01:56 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

^^ LoL... I can't show you the proof...

I guess its like having a "Black Stallion" & keeping it locked up in the barn...

As far as the low numbers in Japan, its more than likely related to the fact that you really can't drive far in Japan.
An LFA owner there is likely to keep it mostly locked up in the stable opposed to driving it more..
(just my opinion)

~ Joe Z
Old 11-05-10, 03:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^ LoL... I can't show you the proof...

I guess its like having a "Black Stallion" & keeping it locked up in the barn...

As far as the low numbers in Japan, its more than likely related to the fact that you really can't drive far in Japan.
An LFA owner there is likely to keep it mostly locked up in the stable opposed to driving it more..
(just my opinion)

~ Joe Z
Why can't you drive far in Japan? They do have roads that connect cities and towns....don't they?
Old 11-05-10, 04:29 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

^^ Japan is roughly the size of Montana.....
(147,047 square miles vs Japans 145,883 square miles)

United States total area= 3,537,441 square miles.

It was a way of saying its a very very small Country.

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 11-05-10 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-05-10, 04:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Ice350
Why can't you drive far in Japan? They do have roads that connect cities and towns....don't they?
japan is a very small country in terms of size and living density very high. there aren't close to as many locations and chances to drive the way we do here in the US
Old 11-06-10, 07:24 AM
LexFather

Old 11-06-10, 10:55 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Ok.. who scratched my LFA's front bumper at the dealership ??!!

It wasn't like that when I dropped it off....

~ Joe Z
Old 11-06-10, 11:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Ok.. who scratched my LFA's front bumper at the dealership ??!!

It wasn't like that when I dropped it off....

~ Joe Z
damn that valet

lexus of stevens creek private rooftop event
Old 11-06-10, 03:14 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know if it is me or actually that is the case, but the US model LFA fender gaps are ridiculously big. You can see the fender lining clearly. It is different from JDM prototypes we have seen that have almost no fender gaps.
Old 11-06-10, 05:47 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I don't know if it is me or actually that is the case, but the US model LFA fender gaps are ridiculously big. You can see the fender lining clearly. It is different from JDM prototypes we have seen that have almost no fender gaps.
No it is not youa the first pic look how no fender gap.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-dsc0978.jpg   Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-le12s.jpg   Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-2h7idxz.jpg   Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-photo.jpg  
Old 11-06-10, 08:51 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. Those pictures you posted does make the difference clear. It is very clear that the US model (and most likely Canadian model) LFA will have bigger fender gaps especially at the front than the JDM model LFA.

To me, the JDM model LFA looks perfect in every possible way. Too bad those big US fender gaps just don't like right on LFA.

Originally Posted by Tee
No it is not youa the first pic look how no fender gap.
Old 11-07-10, 03:51 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Don't know if anybody seen these shots before if so forgive the re-post.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2010/08/2...a-in-the-wild/

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)