LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-10, 10:08 PM
LexFather

Well I said it before and I am thinking they wanted to go with Bridestone so the LFA is as JDM as possible. This is the greatest roadcar ever created by this country. Also Michelin is now offering a PS3 which will likely replace the Ps2 and maybe Lexus didn't like it.

Not sure.
Old 12-16-10, 11:05 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Sure with my photos.

Nothing has been solid until most recently. We should be hearing an official announcement any day now.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Ok Ryan.. I broke the news a while back..

I think I posted that like almost 2 months ago bro..... I am not going to go look for the posts..

Ah heck I will..

See post # 2892

and

See post # 2895

.. and a whole bunch more after that sequence..

Joe Z
Old 12-17-10, 08:16 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I never agreed with Lexus contracting Bridgestone to supply tires for such an exotic car. They needed to get one of the top tier brands such as, Pirelli, Michelin Pilot Cup + etc. to supply the tires.
You seriously think Bridgestone have less engineering capabilities then Pirelli or Michelin?

The interesting thing is, if you are such a brand conscious person, you would be a huge Ferrari fan, but you are obsessed with the LFA. There is a contradiction here. You must have dual personality.

Last edited by BNR34; 12-17-10 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-17-10, 08:57 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

No you are completely incorrect.

It is just a well known fact that Michelin and Pirelli have much superior R&D compared to Bridgestone. It has nothing to do with a brand label. You look at racing history and you will see where do they stand.

Another example is Bridgestone S001 being rated "mediocre" compared to similar Michelin tires like PS2 and Pirelli Corsa tires. I posted an 8-way tire comparo a while back where Bridgestone S001 was ranked near the bottom.

Originally Posted by BNR34
You seriously think Bridgestone have less engineering capabilities then Pirelli or Michelin?

The interesting thing is, if you are such a brand conscious person, you would be a huge Ferrari fan, but you are obsessed with the LFA. There is a contradiction here. You must have dual personality.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-17-10 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-17-10, 10:49 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

No you are completely incorrect.

It is just a well known fact that Michelin and Pirelli have much superior R&D compared to Bridgestone. It has nothing to do with a brand label. You look at racing history and you will see where do they stand.

Another example is Bridgestone S001 being rated "mediocre" compared to similar Michelin tires like PS2 and Pirelli Corsa tires. I posted an 8-way tire comparo a while back where Bridgestone S001 was ranked near the bottom.
Not to start a flame war here, but how do you know that Michelin & Pirelli have superior R&D over Bridgestone? Have you had direct experience with these tires before on your own car to make that assumption?

I've driven many ISF with Potenza RE050A's and PS2s. Both have their pros and cons. I prefer Michelin tires myself. I had them on my 07 GS350, 04 IS300 and of course PS2's came OE on my ISF.
Old 12-17-10, 11:15 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by flipside909
Sure with my photos.

Nothing has been solid until most recently. We should be hearing an official announcement any day now.

Ryan, that's 100% right... I posted that info with your watermarked photos.. !!!! (Thank You Very Much!!)

It doesn't need to be anymore "solid" and/or "official" than it already is.. LoL

For crying out loud, it's been in the damn ebrochure for a long while now..

See post # 2899

Maybe we should start an LFA Bespoke S001 Bridgestone Tire Thread...

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 12-17-10 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-17-10, 01:38 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bridgestone are the biggest tire company in the world. Bigger than Michellin. I'm sure the tires are good, maybe not the best, but good enough to get the job done. We'll see how well they stack up when some real world performance numbers come in of production LFA's. Maybe they have a trick or two up their rubber sleeves.
Old 12-17-10, 02:31 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by TF109B
Bridgestone are the biggest tire company in the world. Bigger than Michellin. I'm sure the tires are good, maybe not the best, but good enough to get the job done. We'll see how well they stack up when some real world performance numbers come in of production LFA's. Maybe they have a trick or two up their rubber sleeves.

Highly Agreed......

Too bad when they launced the promotional video for the S001's (this past Feb 2010), they used the wrong car.. !!

This is where they needed to use the Lexus LFA

~ While the Ferrari prances around to the magazines with the PS2's .. LoL

Someone in Bridgestone marketing F'd that up big time..!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgYUeKO6vsE

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 12-17-10 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-17-10, 03:21 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Ryan, that's 100% right... I posted that info with your watermarked photos.. !!!! (Thank You Very Much!!)

It doesn't need to be anymore "solid" and/or "official" than it already is.. LoL

For crying out loud, it's been in the damn ebrochure for a long while now..

See post # 2899

Maybe we should start an LFA Bespoke S001 Bridgestone Tire Thread...

~ Joe Z
Joe,

Maybe I should have been a little more clear, an official announcement from Bridgestone. Because no official statement has been made about the tires. Even if it's already been printed in the brochure. Same reason Lexus hasn't said anything about the tires even though they've clearly been on the Yellow LFA since August.

Thanks for using my pics without credit!
Old 12-17-10, 04:31 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by flipside909

Thanks for using my pics without credit!

Ryan, I hope you’re kidding... !!!! ???

Your pics are clearly watermarked bro..

How much more credit do you want me to ask or give you every time I post a photo you take??
Especially when you have them posted in the Forum already..

It's not like I blurred or removed your water mark and said I took the photo..

Joe Z
Old 12-17-10, 05:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sometimes stuff can really go to pm
Old 12-17-10, 11:26 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

According to Yahoo! the LFA is the 6th fastest car in North America

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...-than-200-mph/

and who cares about getting credit to some picture, you're posting it on an online forum to share with other people (unless it is bragging rights). Not like anybody is claiming ownership.

Last edited by G Star; 12-17-10 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-19-10, 01:55 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like you don't understand tires and cars comes in different categories.

The Potenza S001 is an ultra high performance street tire. Where Pirelli Corsa and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup are street legal track tires (R-compound). So of course performance wise, the S001 is inferior. The Potenza RE55S is Bridgestone's version of the R-compound.

The reason the LFA comes with the S001 is because it is just the regular street version, the Nurburgring Edition is the hardcore track version.

Cars like the 430 Scuderia, GT3 RS and Gallardo Superleggera comes stock with Corsa and Pilot Sport Cup is because they are the hardcore track day version. The regular F430, Carrera S/Turbo and LP560-4 only comes with ultra high performance street tires.

Comparing S001 to Corsa, LFA to Scuderia is comparing apple to orange

The LFA Nurburgring Edition is in the same category as Scuderia and Superleggera, where it will come with dedicated high-grip tires. I would guess the Nurburgring Edition will come with either Potenza RE11S or RE55S. Mind you I said same category, not same level or class, since the LFA is in the same class as the 599/Murcielago.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2010/05/1...l-u-s-pricing/

Last edited by BNR34; 12-19-10 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-19-10, 02:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

Yes, I agree the Nurburgring edition is said to have R-compound tires.

However, we are not talking about the same tires.

I was saying, Michelin Pilot PS2 tires (not Pilot Sport Cup tires)

I was saying, Pirelli P Zero tires (not Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires)

The PS2 and P Zero tires are max performance tires, not R-compound tires.

Originally Posted by BNR34
Looks like you don't understand tires and cars comes in different categories.

The Potenza S001 is an ultra high performance street tire. Where Pirelli Corsa and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup are street legal track tires (R-compound). So of course performance wise, the S001 is inferior. The Potenza RE55S is Bridgestone's version of the R-compound.

The reason the LFA comes with the S001 is because it is just the regular street version, the Nurburgring Edition is the hardcore track version.

Cars like the 430 Scuderia, GT3 RS and Gallardo Superleggera comes stock with Corsa and Pilot Sport Cup is because they are the hardcore track day version. The regular F430, Carrera S/Turbo and LP560-4 only comes with ultra high performance street tires.

Comparing S001 to Corsa, LFA to Scuderia is comparing apple to orange

The LFA Nurburgring Edition is in the same category as Scuderia and Superleggera, where it will come with dedicated high-grip tires. I would guess the Nurburgring Edition will come with either Potenza RE11S or RE55S. Mind you I said same category, not same level or class, since the LFA is in the same class as the 599/Murcielago.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2010/05/1...l-u-s-pricing/
Old 12-19-10, 11:17 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Yes, I agree the Nurburgring edition is said to have R-compound tires.

However, we are not talking about the same tires.

I was saying, Michelin Pilot PS2 tires (not Pilot Sport Cup tires)

I was saying, Pirelli P Zero tires (not Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires)

The PS2 and P Zero tires are max performance tires, not R-compound tires.
Post #3376 from you:
I never agreed with Lexus contracting Bridgestone to supply tires for such an exotic car. They needed to get one of the top tier brands such as, Pirelli, Michelin Pilot Cup + etc. to supply the tires.
Post #3381 from you:

Last edited by BNR34; 12-19-10 at 11:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)