LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-10, 09:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Awesome pictures. Thanks for posting.

p.s. I believe the yellow prototype is a second prototype that was featured in the "Battle of the supercars", which was the last prototype produced for NA. This prototype has been around since last year and has been painted black -> white -> grey.

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
my dealer's detail dept cleaned up the LFA show car last week, recently re-painted again, in its 4th color... (WHITE-BLACK-YELLOW-GREY now)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0894540&ref=mf

Old 12-25-10, 09:32 PM
LexFather

Found this...yellow LFA at the track..

BLOG Keeping Up With The Lexus LFA

Posted By Mike Daly on December 15th, 2010

When Lexus announced in mid-2007 that they would build a world class Ferrari-beater called the LFA, discerning supercar enthusiasts were rightly skeptical. After all, Toyota had not built a highline, stand-alone platform, 2-seat production sports car since the sensational 2000 GT of the late 60s. Further compounding doubt was the recent appearance of Nissan’s entrant in the category, the quick but unremarkable looking GT-R. Conventional thinking maintained that while Japanese manufacturers had the technology to produce a car fast enough to compete with Italian exotics, they lacked the sensual design language that ultimately makes those European cars so head-turning.
So naturally, when Lexus invited me and a handful of other journalists to take a few track laps in the LFA, I was eager to see if the total package would defy critics. Of course I had already seen the LFA statically displayed at major auto shows, and appearance-wise, the car does little to dispel the notion that the Japanese are incapable of penning truly breathtaking exotic car designs. With a gaggle of functional scoops and vents decorating a body that is more purposefully angular than curvaceously beautiful, the LFA is definitely a vision of tuner car muscle flexing more than one of concours-worthy elegance. But how would the intriguing car drive?

The first experiential indicator that the LFA is a seriously fast car lies not in the engine size, exhaust note, or tachometer redline, but rather in the seatbelts, which are thickly padded restraints that more closely resemble full racing harnesses than the domestic seatbelts you’ve come to love. The reason for the size, beyond the obvious, is that the belts house their own safety airbags. Not that this gave me any cause for concern. Strapping myself into the passenger seat for a preliminary passenger lap, I gave Lexus driver Scott Pruett the thumbs up to launch. As Pruett is a professional racer who co-drove the Lexus team to victory at the 2008 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and the 2008 Rolex Sportscar Championship, it’s safe to assume that I was in good hands.
With the upshift of a paddle, Pruett launches the rocket and I’m pinned to the back of my seat, my eager enthusiasm quickly fading to the emotional realm where shock borders fear. Lexus states that the LFA reaches 60 mph from a standstill in 3.6 seconds, but I suspect that they may be underplaying their hand. Pruett is master of his domain, of course, and as speechless as I am left by the car’s unadulterated acceleration, I’m even more shocked that he has no problem verbalizing his thoughts on the car’s performance characteristics while he demonstrates them at full tilt. Wrenching the LFA through a closed infield course at Southern California’s Auto Club Speedway, he throws the car’s full weight into a tight turn, temporarily careening me into the A-pillar in the process. As the LFA’s rear end slides out ever so slightly, he shouts above the engine roar, “See, I can put everything into the turn and the rear end barely begins to drift.” But as impressive as the defeat of lateral g-force is, I can’t help but be more absorbed by my wise decision to forego breakfast.
Pruett’s demonstration of the car’s handling is strictly limited to the infield, for when we get back out on the track, I watch the centrally located digital speedometer soar to 180 mph on the straightaways, and momentarily dip to a paltry 140 mph as he banks through the turns. When the car thankfully comes to a rest, I step out, knees wobbly and heart pounding, and receive a question from one of Pruett’s friends, who has joined us for the event.
“So,” asks Bruce Jenner, “what’d you think?” The erstwhile decathlete champion, best known today for his real-life role as the Kardashian sisters’ good-sport stepdad, raced with Pruett during the 80s and the two have remained close friends ever since. At this event, however, Jenner (pictured below in blue jacket) is just another enthusiastic car guy, trading fast car anecdotes and opinions on all matters automotive. Perhaps even more affable and at ease than his tv persona would suggest, he jokes that he might borrow the car to take home to his wife with a request to buy one, just to see how riled up she’ll get when she hears the price. Though he’s free to inquire about a place on Lexus’s waitlist, this particular car is a demo prototype, and only the second LFA in the U.S., so its sad ultimate home will more likely be a regulation-mandated spot in a car crusher rather than someone’s garage.

When I finally take the wheel of the LFA, as expected, the performance isn’t nearly as impressive as Pruett’s, though I do my best to acquit myself in front of the far superior driver. Even with just a couple laps under my belt, though, it’s clear that the high-whining 552 horsepower V-10 (which redlines at 9,200 rpm) ferociously propels the car, while the 6-speed single clutch paddle shifted transaxle smoothly adjusts engine revs for optimal downshifting and carving of road slaloms. Braking and handling are equally excellent, proving that Lexus has engineered a first rate track car, if not the world’s best looking production supercar.
As impressive as the LFA is, though, it’s difficult to understand how it logically fits into the big picture. Only 500 will be made in total, with just 170 of them coming to America. The car’s $375,000 MSRP effectively puts it out of reach of most Japanese tuner-car enthusiasts, but its unmistakable king-of-the-tuner-car looks will probably not have the concours-attending millionaires that can easily afford one lining up to do so. Interestingly, Lexus hopes to circumvent the rampant speculation and second hand dealer markup that pervades the exotic car sales niche by offering the LFA on a lease-only basis. OK, officially, it’s not a lease, but with a contract that obligates the lessee to hold on to the car for at least two years with an intent to buy, a requirement that ostensibly preserves the long term value and provenance of the car (to paraphrase Pruett’s explanation), the contract might as well be a lease.
Even at $375,000 a pop, Lexus says it will lose money on each LFA made, which might even be rationalized if the car’s technology were to be implemented in a race program or in other production cars. But as it’s unlikely that a rear-mounted transaxle or dual rear radiators will find their way into a Camry or Avalon, perhaps we should start looking for Lexus at Le Mans next June. Stay tuned…
http://www.hauteliving.com/2010/12/k...the-lexus-lfa/
Old 12-25-10, 09:44 PM
LexFather

Lexus LFA - Informasi

Toyota can have poured all of the technology, hopes and dreams, created as a super sports car Lexus LFA desire to continue to provide the prototype car was exhibited in Tokyo in autumn 2009, the world's only 500 in 2010 units sold and published. Twenty years ago, LS (Celsior) Since the launch, Lexus has demonstrated a new standard of luxury cars, but also new challenges as the developed model. 4505 size of 3 × 1895 × 1220mm wide and low proportions, and know what to look super sport. The basic skeleton of the body is carbon fiber reinforced plastic is used. Front mounted engine, trans axle scheme to place on the rear axle of the FR transmission car, the engine 10-cylinder V-type newly developed 4.8-liter naturally aspirated DOHC. 412kW/8700rpm, 480N · m/6800rpm engine's power and ultra-high rotary torque. The F1 engine speeds comparable to a piston engine, forged titanium connecting rods and forged pistons and lightweight aluminum, has been given comparable specification car. 6 ASG-speed transmission is operated by paddle shifts. LFA is able to run four modes selected by selector switch. It can speed switching speed. This 0-100km per hour with little ability to run through in 3.7 seconds, top speed 325km / h reaching.

LFA proportion of relatively stocky side. The external dimension is comparable to what is being billed V6 4.8-liter V10 engine mounted behind the front axle. Located in the center seat almost wheelbase, saddle-type fuel tanks to be placed across the front axle and transmission, will be put into heavy low in wheelbase thoroughly. The body panels are carbon bonnet and roof plate RTM , pillar decorative panel and side panels and fiberglass resin is used instead of carbon. Cabin 65 percent of the CFRP materials, the simulation for aluminum body that is about 100kg lighter achieved.

View from behind. The engine bulkhead-type construction of side-door around the left and right rear body cross beam connecting the rear seat, C-pillar and around the bone and the roof next to the carbon (auto crepe type embedding resin impregnated carbon sheets baked in the most high-strength formula.) The cabin floor and center tunnel and the A-pillar carbon RTM. Around the outer part of the C-pillar was short carbon fiber heat press is also used C-SMC. So that was formed from a box-shaped monocoque, aluminum structural materials stretched around the beams, supporting a unique engine and bumper. Lexus LFA Motomachi plant production in the studio is responsible. As it consists almost racing, McLaren SLR and Carrera GT through as well.

The outer panel is removed LFA. Stand tall like a wall unit after the rear wheels, the radiator was located behind the rear tires front and rear for optimal weight distribution. Placed just above the rear axle is a heavy battery life for similar reasons. Height adjustable rear wing is based on vehicle speed.

Dry sump is 4.8-liter V10 (1LR-GUE) is 3700 ~ 9000rpm 90% of maximum torque generated. 117ps output per liter is reached. Response increased by 10 due to an electronically controlled throttle, → idle to 9000rpm is just 0.6 seconds. In addition, almost like an instrument from a total intake to exhaust "tuning" is a unique sound. Both intake and exhaust isometric design, exhaust flow path switching at high rpm, low acoustic structure of the surge tank, and the introduction of sound to the engine room, the rhythm Eru 手Hima spent.

The torque transmission and Toransuakusurureiauto. The engine on right side, left to single-clutch semi-ASG AT, has been penetrating the rear axle parts. But through the torque is relatively, flat bottom to ensure, through an offset in parallel while the two exhaust pipes at an angle to the bottom of the center tunnel.

Curved panels and organic leather wrapped, satin-finished level material combined interior looks quite high. Lying close to the center console and the horizontal navigation and information systems front, the interface is placed in front of the audio and air conditioning systems, AT and control system selector is not found, it is also located on the steering engine starter. Touch as a remote, contain a few common icons Lexus production models.

After removed the rear hatch floor luggage area blank. Carbon C-SMC and equipment are arranged on a board made of pieces, silver and black striped boxes made carbon amp, aluminum casing in the foreground for the transmission control computer, the left side of the cabin black boxes, and so tall that the battery dry. Seems to be mixed in line in, that would balance the weight for optimal placement factor.

Two-piece seat was designed to support up and down the back seat wraps up his shoulder. Independent structure side seat, the door (outside) from the thickness of the support, know the layout of driver and passenger sit closer to the center. 8-way power seats. Seat belt unique structure of the market would be like this?

Dashboard plated rolled ring, the LCD displays information on an arc around it. The photo on the right oil temperature, fuel that is displayed to the left and the water temperature seems to be a multi-screen display and tire pressure various setup screens. Speedometer and trip meter, and the shift position is displayed in the middle layer dashboard.

08 - 24 at the Nürburgring in 2009 Resistance played was with cast iron discs, have been given carbon-ceramic disc Niatari of the market. Front disc diameter 390mm, 360mm in after about 1 5kg lighter per wheel of. The 20-inch wheels, Bridgestone tires are made, before the size 265/35ZR20, after 305/30ZR20.

Limited Package the LFA 50 in 2012. Equipped with large fixed CFRP rear wing and front spoiler and canards tote. The engine output by up to 10ps and program changes, ASG shift speed is also a dedicated program to reduce second 0.2 → 0.15 seconds, is also given special suspension and wheels and Haiguripputaiya. The owner or parking pass rights reserved Nurburgring Nordschleife year, also receive benefits such as a personal Doraibinguressun Nurburgring chief instructor for three hours. Orange body color photos only.

Source: Carview

Old 12-25-10, 09:44 PM
LexFather

Some shots just to show of the color (TVR Chameleon Blue) of my LFA
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Bull Hangar-7_4 by _CyCo_, on Flickr
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Bull Hangar-7_5 by _CyCo_, on Flickr
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Bull Hangar-7_3 by _CyCo_, on Flickr
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahrweiler - Town Square_4 by _CyCo_, on Flickr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nürburgring Nordschleife_6 by _CyCo_, on Flickr

Nürburgring Nordschleife_3 by _CyCo_, on Flickr

More can be seen on my Flickr account.
Last edited by iCyCo; Dec 04 2010 at 4:07 PM.
iCyCo View Public Profile My Posts Give GTPremium
Dec 04 2010, 4:05 PM #2
iCyCo Senior Member

Nürburgring Nordschleife_2 by _CyCo_, on Flickr

Ahrweiler - Town Square_3 by _CyCo_, on Flickr

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/MUNCHK%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/MUNCHK%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG]
Old 12-25-10, 09:47 PM
LexFather

More on Australia

EIGHT LEXUS LFA BOUND FOR AUSTRALIA

Lexus Australia has confirmed that an additional three LFAs will land in Australia once production of the hand-built supercar starts in December this year.

The additional LFAs take Australia's total allocation to eight vehicles, up from an initial allocation of five.

The first LFA to land in Australia in April 2011 will feature a striking blue flame exterior with black wheels and blue callipers.

The interior of the LFA will feature black leather with blue stitching and blue highlights throughout the cabin.

Lexus Australia chief executive Tony Cramb said that the increased allocation was testament to the strength of the Lexus brand locally.

"Well before we confirmed five LFAs for Australia we had more than enough solid enquiries to quadruple that allocation," said Mr Cramb.

"Lexus Australia's initial LFA allocation was five vehicles, but we were caught well short of market demand - we've been overwhelmed by the response to the LFA.

"There is no doubt that our growing portfolio of "F" product is resonating with customers. IS F is in high demand, and with new IS 350 and its F-Sport variant, "F" products will become an increasingly important part of our line-up," Mr Cramb said.

The Lexus LFA features a lightweight carbon fibre composite construction and a 412kW mid-front mounted V10 engine, capable of reaching 100km/h in just 3.7 seconds to a top speed of beyond 300km/h.
http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusalte.../ar/t10771.htm
Old 12-25-10, 09:52 PM
LexFather

Okay I'm reading and at first it said 10 for the U.K but then I found 20 for the U.K. Lexus hoped for 100 in Europe

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...s-LF-A/245355/

The only Lexus LFA in Europe has gone in display in the firm's flagship European dealership in London.

The Park Lane site is playing host to the £343,000 supercar until January to allow prospective buyers to experience the car up close. Only 500 units will be built, with Lexus expected to confirm in January just how many examples would be coming to Europe.

Lexus LFA arrives in Park Lane - latest pics

Devshi Varsani is the man tasked with selling the LFA in Europe and he hopes around 100 LFAs will be coming to the continent. Prospective buyers across Europe can register their interest online or in any Lexus dealer, before being put in touch with Varsani.

“At the moment, we’re in the process of taking orders and deposits for the car and have been since the Tokyo motor show,” he told Autocar. “So far, we’ve taken around 25 deposits from customers in countries including the UK, Spain, Russia and Germany.”

Varsani is keen to take as many deposits as he can before April in order to secure as many LFAs as possible for Europe. But even if you place a deposit for the LFA, there is no guarantee you will be able to get your hands on it.

“We want people to be out driving the car and want to sell it to the right type of person,” he said. “If we have more deposits than cars allocated, then we’ll end up having to return some.”

Some of the customers ordering the LFA are doing so “just because it’s a Lexus”, according to Varsani.

“People like the Lexus product and have owned our products in the past and therefore are getting an LFA as they know what to expect from the brand,” he said. “There’s been strong interest from day one genuine interest and most people aren’t being put off by the price.”

Toyota hopes that no two LFAs will be the same, as customers can specify hundreds of different colour and trim options, and can even invent their own colour. The 500 LFAs being built will include competition models, as buyers can chose the car in race spec.

Toyota won't make any profit on the LFA with the car being conceived, as one source put it, as a “once in a generation halo car” for the Japanese marque. The 500 LFAs earmarked for production will be made at the Motomachi factory in Japan in two phases — 2011 and 2012. Toyota will only build a car once it has been ordered.
Old 12-25-10, 09:52 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Chameleon Blue is stunning.
Old 12-25-10, 09:53 PM
LexFather

2 sold in Singapore at "the speed of light"

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring...05-202732.html

SINGAPORE - How fast can one sell the new $1.248 million Lexus LFA supercar - the first that Japan has ever produced? Probably as fast as the car itself. Two units bound for Singapore were sold even before the price was confirmed.

Authorised Lexus distributor Borneo Motors Singapore said two long-time Lexus owners snapped up the limited edition sports car before the actual price was announced on Wednesday.

Before that, only a price indication had been given to prospective customers. William Choo, commercial director of Borneo's Lexus division, sent out official product catalogues before the Chinese New Year to 16 persons who had expressed interest in Japan's first bona fide supercar.

'After the Lunar New Year holidays, two came back to us with their deposits, even before we could give them the firm price,' said Mr Choo.

The two gentlemen who had each written a cheque for $80,000 are in their 60s, 'very successful businessmen but very unassuming'.

One has owned a string of Lexus LS flagship limousines, while the other has had multiple Lexus models. Both also currently have Ferraris and Porsches in their garages, said Mr Choo who declined to reveal more except to say both men run their own companies.

'They are very low profile and do not want to be identified,' he explained.

The Lexus LFA has a 560bhp 4.8-litre V10 front mid-mounted engine powering the rear wheels through a six-speed electro-hydraulic sequential transmission.

Sheathed in carbon fibre bodywork, it can sprint from zero to 100 kmh in 3.7 seconds and has a top speed of 325 kmh.

If that still isn't special enough, the car can be specified with the Nurburgring package that includes sports tuning and interior carbon fibre trim for $1.478 million.

Only 500 cars will be produced over a two-year period. Mr Choo said that Singapore has been allocated only two units but hopes to be able to get a couple more. This is because there is strong interest from at least two more people but they are currently travelling.

He said: 'They had heard so much about the car that they flew up to Geneva for the motor show this week just to look at it.'

According to Mr Choo, Lexus is now collecting worldwide orders with production beginning only in December. He added that it is not yet known which market will be the first to get the car although delivery of the first Singapore unit is expected to be in Q1 next year.

The Lexus LFA sets the benchmark as the first true Japanese super sports car because of its over $1 million price tag.

It has entered a segment that is normally occupied by European manufacturers such as Ferrari and Lamborghini.

This article was first published in The Business Times.
Old 12-25-10, 09:56 PM
LexFather

LFA currently in Abu Dhabi for auto show

http://www.motorshow.me/Editorials.a...nal-Motor-Show

South Africa talk, no numbers though

http://www.54automan.com/index.php/reviews.html?start=5
Old 12-25-10, 10:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

so more cars sent to other regions huh? well, more in line with what i expected. can't have that many here in the US

but i hope more cars on the road, not at dealerships
Old 12-25-10, 11:15 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

A great review by Mike Daly. Very insightful.

Something particular of interest was how Scott Pruett got off the line (most likely using launch control system, I guess) and Mike's impressions about LFA's 0 - 60 mph:

With the upshift of a paddle, Pruett launches the rocket and I’m pinned to the back of my seat, my eager enthusiasm quickly fading to the emotional realm where shock borders fear. Lexus states that the LFA reaches 60 mph from a standstill in 3.6 seconds, but I suspect that they may be underplaying their hand.
I am pretty sure by now it is iron clad LFA's real 0 - 60 mph with launch control system is in the 3.1 - 3.3 seconds region.
Old 12-26-10, 02:36 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I said before, that the LFA was faster than people gave it credit for. hitting 180mph on a banked oval before the road course is a big deal. I'm sure once it hits and we get some owners willing to loan it to magazines, we'll get a better picture of what it's really capable of.
Old 12-27-10, 08:42 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I have believed for a while that Ferrari 458 Italia was overhyped by the European media to the point where it became almost ridiculous.

For instance, the European magazines got some ridiculous straight line acceleration numbers for the 458 Italia such as, 1/4 mile in 11.0 secs, but when CarAndDriver tested the 458 Italia, they got 11.5 secs@125 mph for the 458 Italia and 11.6 secs@ 125 mph for the SLS AMG. They also clocked the LFA in 11.6 secs@ 125 mph.

Recently, TopGear featured the SLS AMG, 458 Italia and GT3 RS in a Christmas special and at the end of the episode, James May in the 458 and Clarkson in the SLS AMG did a drag race (both using launch control) upto 170 - 180 mph and they both were neck and neck uptill the finish line. Neither could pull away from the other supporting exactly what CarAndDriver.

Case in point, the American magazines are proving to be far more impartial compared to European magazines when it comes to European car performance numbers.

I firmly believe LFA, 458 Italia and SLS AMG in a straight line are very close while around a race track, LFA and 458 Italia are head and shoulders above the SLS as proven in all tests.

While LFA relies on a good ol' plain formula of extremely rigid chassis, limited slip differential, exceptionally tuned suspension and extreme responsiveness, the 458 Italia relies on it to a lesser extent and much more on its extremely advanced electronic nannies such as, torque-vectoring differential that shifts torque side to side on the rear wheels making the car compensate for driver errors.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-27-10 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-27-10, 08:52 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone raves about ferrari's electronics, like I said in another post. But when other car makes use it, it's intrusive? Like I pointed out with the GTR. Regardless of how big it is or how much it weighs, it defies logic. 3800lbs isn't supposed to perform the way the GTR is. Ya know? But it just seems ferrari gets a pass on things because it's a ferrari, it performs magically, even though in reality its the computers on board doing the job for you. The same thing was said about the 575 and 550. They make you look like good drivers because of their traction and stability management. The LFA though, it does the job with good old fashion stiffness and aero downforce.
Old 12-27-10, 10:10 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Everyone raves about ferrari's electronics, like I said in another post. But when other car makes use it, it's intrusive? Like I pointed out with the GTR. Regardless of how big it is or how much it weighs, it defies logic. 3800lbs isn't supposed to perform the way the GTR is. Ya know? But it just seems ferrari gets a pass on things because it's a ferrari, it performs magically, even though in reality its the computers on board doing the job for you. The same thing was said about the 575 and 550. They make you look like good drivers because of their traction and stability management. The LFA though, it does the job with good old fashion stiffness and aero downforce.
There are electronics that take away from the driving experience and electronics that add to it. I can't say that I am wholeheartedly for all the fancy gadgets. IMO, it knocks the supercars down a peg into the realm of mere mortals. Lexus seems to have gotten it right. The LFA might well be on of the last really visceral cars ever made. You know, the ones where if you mess up you'll likely end up flying through the pearly gates....

Backwards.

On fire.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)