LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 07:18 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

TommyJames,

You don't believe an LFA buyer won't immediately jump onto online forums and registration databases. By your definition, only a few LFA's have been sold because only a few have come forward to the online community about their purchases.

If more LFA's are delivered than LFA owners have come out about their purchase (online), are you therefore, wrong?
Old 01-10-11, 11:32 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
TommyJames,

You don't believe an LFA buyer won't immediately jump onto online forums and registration databases. By your definition, only a few LFA's have been sold because only a few have come forward to the online community about their purchases.

If more LFA's are delivered than LFA owners have come out about their purchase (online), are you therefore, wrong?
I have no idea what is and isn't real about sales. Do you remember my first posts a year ago? I said back then that I doubted the claims that they were sold out, as they claimed. I had doubts that THEY were in any position to "select" buyers, and that there was going to be this big speculative increase in value and that buyers were "lucky." Everything I doubted began to have even more credibility when suddenly Lexus, with plenty of time to get their act together, suddenly began to change their marketing strategy, all supporting SLOWER than expected sales.

Who knows where they really are but factories always try and give the market some sense of overheated demand and those techniques don't work anymore. I've built successful companies by taking a pragmatic approach to the true status of the products, and not what I simply want to believe. The best advice I ever got in business was to check my assumptions. I don't simply drink the Cool-Aid with blind faith simply because I love a product. As much as Lexus may claim that they are almost sold out, so fare there are no other data points anywhere to suggest those claims are accurate until we start seeing cars show up at the rate of around six to seven a month. If there were other data points, I'd gladly put them up.
Old 01-10-11, 11:42 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

I doubt you have any idea that actually atleast one hollywood celebrity actor/race car driver (Zachary Levi) has come forward who had spoken extensively about him getting rejected by Lexus as an LFA buyer.

His ranting was extensive in a radio interview against Lexus about getting rejected for reasons he (apparently) could not understand. Therefore, you are incorrect in your assumption that Lexus was lying about having far more demand for LFA than the 500 units supply.

If you were to consider the global demand for LFA, ofcourse LFA could have easily sold every single copy where ever they could. However, they chose to allocate the largest 170 units to US, when they could have easily sold 100 and allocate the 70 elsewhere based on demand and be done with it (Canada, Japan, China etc.). They chose not to since they wanted to put the most LFAs out in US.

Originally Posted by TommyJames
I have no idea what is and isn't real about sales. Do you remember my first posts a year ago? I said back then that I doubted the claims that they were sold out, as they claimed. I had doubts that THEY were in any position to "select" buyers, and that there was going to be this big speculative increase in value and that buyers were "lucky." Everything I doubted began to have even more credibility when suddenly Lexus, with plenty of time to get their act together, suddenly began to change their marketing strategy, all supporting SLOWER than expected sales.

Who knows where they really are but factories always try and give the market some sense of overheated demand and those techniques don't work anymore. I've built successful companies by taking a pragmatic approach to the true status of the products, and not what I simply want to believe. The best advice I ever got in business was to check my assumptions. I don't simply drink the Cool-Aid with blind faith simply because I love a product. As much as Lexus may claim that they are almost sold out, so fare there are no other data points anywhere to suggest those claims are accurate until we start seeing cars show up at the rate of around six to seven a month. If there were other data points, I'd gladly put them up.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-10-11 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-10-11, 01:31 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard Paris Hilton was getting a pink one? I have heard that another customer in Florida is getting one in green, and that the owner is well known in that state (maybe in line with one of the major universities). Tommy has no clue what he's saying. No one knows for sure what is going on with Lexus and the number of LFA's left here. They coulda let them all stay in Japan and they'd be gone the first day they announced it. Were lucky they wanted the whole world to have it.
Old 01-10-11, 02:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

paris hilton knows how to drive?
Old 01-10-11, 02:14 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
paris hilton knows how to drive?
Well, she used to drive a Merc MacLaren SLR.

I am surprised why Lexus would sell LFA to a non-car enthusiast when they were very particular about the buyers??
Old 01-10-11, 02:16 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

So...you essentially want to discredit Lexus and force that on the online community. If you were really out for truth, I'm sure you have much resourceful ways of finding out than to be continually posting the same thing over and over. Like you said yourself, you've been saying this a year ago and you're still talking about it now with nobody biting.

What is that saying that again? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results?

Guess the only way you'd be happy is this situation is if Lexus officially announced that they lied to the whole world and only sold 10 LFA.
Old 01-10-11, 02:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

I am surprised why Lexus would sell LFA to a non-car enthusiast when they were very particular about the buyers??
that's my point. she carries a lot of celebrity trace after her (mostly negative i guess) and a lot of nice cars, but i am pretty sure she's no driving enthusiast nor good performance driver (otherwise we would have known)

that's why my question (more like a joke)
Old 01-10-11, 03:14 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uh, she probably is somewhat of an enthusiast, did you not hear that she just bought into a MotoGP 250CC team? And they are pink! Look it up, it's good publicity and she's probably a good choice, she might spread the word for Lexus, I'm pretty sure her and 'dad' have had Lexus' before.
Old 01-10-11, 03:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lol sure if lexus thinks that's all good things, by all means
Old 01-10-11, 10:56 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for my area. I'm active in two car communities; LA area and Seattle. They are a very accurate cross section of the behavior of the entire US. I can't speak to the culture in other parts of the world.
This is all that needs to be said really. If you can't, then how can you predict what the exotic market is like in other parts of the world, or even in parts of the US outside Seattle, LA, and NY for example?

If you ever came to my area, you would see the exotic community here is different. There is a very high class part of town in my area where high-end shops, restaurants, bars etc. are located. It is also a hot spot for exotic cars. Yes, contrary to what you say, exotic owners in my area often come to this high-end part of town JUST to show off their cars. What I mean by that is, many of them don't even park their cars! Many of them will drive in a loop around the neighborhood just showing off the cars.

Other owners actually do park their exotics on the street beside a restaurant usually or the hotels there.

Thing is, this area is not "hidden" or anything. It is a very well known part of town that gets quite busy on weekends, and any exotic owner that goes there with his car knows exactly what he's doing, and that is to show off.

Yes, I am sure some exotic owners know each other and probably have "hidden" meets in my area, but in my area the numerous exotic owners that show up in that high-end part of town clearly didn't buy their cars simply because they enjoy driving, or for whatever random reason it may have been. Those that show up in that part of town definitely bought their exotic partially to show off.
Old 01-11-11, 08:34 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

In more Un-Official News........

Looks like.... "there are 60 of them left on Dealer Lots"... LoL

Scott Pruett doing what he does best. Great footage with camera mounted near the front fender and rear fender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpgyCf9ktJA

Great Video none the less... It’s always awesome when Scott is behind the wheel...!!!

Joe Z
Old 01-11-11, 08:58 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
I heard Paris Hilton was getting a pink one?
I don't know if that is true, but judging from how Lexus is hand picking their buyers, I highly doubt they are selling Paris Hilton a pink LFA. Lexus wants positive image, Paris will bring nothing but negative news.

She will send the car to some lame LA's custom shop and put some pink $20 Chinese generic replica dubs on it and either crash it into a pole or get it tow away after she get another DUI. Yeah Toyota would love story like that on their LFA.

Since it is not a money thing, Toyota don't care about selling Paris a LFA. They would sell her all the Camry or Corolla she wants to buy though.......JK
Old 01-11-11, 09:03 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Owning a SLR or any car for that matter, automatically give it's owner driving skills?

You mean like in the movie Matrix, when you buy an exotic car, it comes with a free driving skills software that you can download into your brain? I don't know cause I am poor, I never own an exotic car before. Maybe that's why I can't drive

Last edited by BNR34; 01-11-11 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-11-11, 09:47 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Uh, she probably is somewhat of an enthusiast, did you not hear that she just bought into a MotoGP 250CC team? And they are pink!
She is just a sponsor/investor, it is a business deal, she probably have something to gain from it, so she signed up. The team approached her for money and she said yes. I really don't think she is remotely an enthusiast, she probably just think the bikes looks cool and is fun watching them running around. She probably watch it for 10 minutes then go shopping.

I'm pretty sure her and 'dad' have had Lexus' before.
Again I don't know the facts, but again I highly doubt their family have ever own a Lexus. People only buy Lexus when they appreciate it's value and it is a cheaper luxury car to drive due to the outstanding reliability and longivity. Basically people buy Lexus because they care about their limited amount of hard earn money.

The Hilton family never have to earn any money the hard way, they got a ton of cash to blow, so they don't care about any of the benefits a Lexus offer. They just care about looks and image. They own nothing but highend European exotic cars, Bentley, Ferrari, AMG Mclaren........ I really doubt they want a LFA, the Lexus brand alone would make them don't want one.

LFA buyer appreciate the car's engineering, the uniqueness and historical significance. I really don't think the Hilton family would care about any of that from a Japanese car.

I know that's why I love Lexus, because I am poor and I take care of the cars myself. I really appreciate Lexus because they last a long time and things rarely breaks, it is a huge hassle and cost me time and money when I have to get something fix on a car. But if I have enough money to have 10 Bentley/Ferrari/AMG Mclaren in the garage, I would not care for the reliability and longivity benefit from a Lexus. When one car breaks, I just drive another one and ask my personal assistance to take the car in to get it fix.

The truth is, most people in the world care about image, most people would rather have a highend European exotic then a practical Lexus. There are always exception of course, like we all know Warren Buffett is the richest man in the world, he doesn't need a fancy car to boost his wealthy image and he is not a car enthusiast, so he doesn't own any exotic car. But the Hilton family? They are all about flash because in the world's wealthiest circle, they are pretty low in the ranking, they still need exotic cars to boost their ego.

Last edited by BNR34; 01-11-11 at 10:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)