LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 09:20 PM
LexFather

Old 10-21-09, 10:11 PM
francisco2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will dream with one of those tonight!!!!
Old 10-21-09, 10:40 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

god, im mainly just glad this will shut up the haters who claim toyota can't make a sports car.
Old 10-21-09, 10:47 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by f=ma
god, im mainly just glad this will shut up the haters who claim toyota can't make a sports car.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but haters will always be vocal about it.

They'll complain about the price, they'll complain about the specs, they'll complain about the looks, they'll complain about anything.

Then they'll say something else is better.

Even though they've never seen or touched or tried whatever it is they love and/or hate...
Old 10-21-09, 10:47 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
No one is denying Toyota races cars. This was was to be a celebration of Toyota winning in F1 (didn't happen).

Toyota doesn't have one sporting car. The Supra was dead 11 years ago and was 50k loaded. The most expensive Toyota is a SUV.

This car is a celebration of Lexus.
It might signal a change in direction in regards to sporty offerings. Everyone was built from the ground up for Lexus. The Lexus selection processes only includes a few people.

Toyota wouldn't even know how to sell this! Imagine a Toyota salesman!

This is showing how Lexus is going to be sportier and the AE86 showed how Toyota intends to get sportier. Its not like Toyota didn't just introduce their own RWD sports car.

My comments were based on someone else implying that the car could or would not do well under the Toyota brand name. I believe the words were "its nice but it is a Honda" and such.

There are many die hard Supra fans, Celica, MR2, racing fans etc that would support a Toyota version of this. Its unfortunate that Toyota for the last 10-15 years has totally neglected the sporting image that it once had...thus people seem to forget that cars like the Supra were something very special....kind of like the Nissan GTR.

Yes the point of the Lexus LFA is to help evolve the Lexus brand. The top end cars are stuck right now with slow sales, the LFA should help Lexus move their top end cars into a higher price point. And help them evolve into more sporty cars.

Just out of interest? Has it been deemd that the Lexus IS-f is a financial success? I only say this because Toyota overall has been losing money the last few years and the IS-F and LF-A and upcoming GS-f seem pointless if Toyota is not going to make any money off of them at the end of the day.

Does Lexus even sponsor racing?

I think the Lexus LFA is a great achievement for Lexus. It really is stunning and does have incredible performance. But all this is pointless is it in the end does not help move any more Lexus LS, GS, IS or SC models out of the showroom.

Last edited by pagemaster; 10-21-09 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-21-09, 11:16 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pagemaster

Does Lexus even sponsor racing?

Old 10-21-09, 11:24 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MR_F1

Thanks...I went to teamlexus.com and got a coming soon
Old 10-21-09, 11:59 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Sorry to burst your bubble, but haters will always be vocal about it.

They'll complain about the price, they'll complain about the specs, they'll complain about the looks, they'll complain about anything.

Then they'll say something else is better.

Even though they've never seen or touched or tried whatever it is they love and/or hate...
haters will always hate
Old 10-22-09, 12:22 AM
iDomoKun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

375k!!!
with that much money i'd rather get an r8, gtr, and an is-F
Old 10-22-09, 12:32 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Thanks...I went to teamlexus.com and got a coming soon
Unfortunatley, that USA based program died years ago....
Old 10-22-09, 12:37 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Anyone else notice the Lovely Carbon Fiber Roof Option???

Carbon Fiber Roof

Joe Z
Old 10-22-09, 01:06 AM
S8B
Lead Lap

The car doesn't excite me as I thought it would. And that price tag doesn't help at all (not that I can afford one ).

Call me a hater, but I'd rather have an R8, GT3 RS, and a ZR1 parked in my garage. Or a single F430 with cash to spare. Or... (not really that relevant since this is all subjective).

In the other hand, at least it will be exclusive. The front and rear is uninspiring, but the rear profile is excellent. And that V10 sounds absolutely amazing.

Lexus seems to be using this for reputation and brand-image purposes, since its not like its producing them any profit. Bold move... smart and risky at the same time.

Last edited by S8B; 10-22-09 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-22-09, 01:43 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering what the deal was with the carbon fiber roof/spoiler. I guess it's another one of the many customizable options of the LFA.

One item of curiosity: no RHD on what should be a Japan-spec LFA at the Tokyo Auto Show?
Old 10-22-09, 02:31 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

im just happy to see a supercar you could potentially work on yourself
Old 10-22-09, 04:59 AM
LexFather

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MR_F1

Thanks.

Its quite amazing to see people here and elsewhere try to bring up the "no racing heritage" formula when really, no one races.
Ferrari hell yes and clearly the exotic car brand
Porsche, hell yes but only has made the incredible CGT and its no longer made.
McLaren hell yes but they have two cars, one was over a million (possibly the greatest car ever made) the other we have just seen. The SLR was no McLaren in execution (thus they split from Benz)
Mercedes, yup, SLR and now SLS Gullwing as of late

So what about everyone else?
Pagani? Nope no racing
Koeseninessg? Nope no racing
Gumpart? Nope no racing
Spyker? Tried with no success
Mosler? Nope
LAMBORGHINI? Nope, not reallly
Maserati? Yeah but not much anymore. MC12 is an Enzo clone
Bugatti? Not since the 1930s I believe..now they sell a million dollar car
Jaguar? XJ220 and nothing since...
Spectre? Nope
Venturi? Nope
Ascari? Nope
Saleen S7? Nope

F1 is a Toyota team but clearly the F1 expertise went into the LFA. For example that is simply a F1 inspired engine (now F1 uses V-8s).

Originally Posted by skater
The car doesn't excite me as I thought it would. And that price tag doesn't help at all (not that I can afford one ).

Call me a hater, but I'd rather have an R8, GT3 RS, and a ZR1 parked in my garage. Or a single F430 with cash to spare. Or... (not really that relevant since this is all subjective).

In the other hand, at least it will be exclusive. The front and rear is uninspiring, but the rear profile is excellent. And that V10 sounds absolutely amazing.

Lexus seems to be using this for reputation and brand-image purposes, since its not like its producing them any profit. Bold move... smart and risky at the same time.
We cannot approach this car or others with the same money mentality as comparing IS/G35/A4/3 etc. People in this market are mega wealthy. It is like buying a t-shirt. There is no one or the other, its both and all of them.

Rarely, maybe never have I read a review in EVO or CAR etc where its said "well the CGT is nice, the Enzo is great but I can have a 911 Turbo, a house, all I can eat cookies and a $100,000 gift card to hooters".

That is missing the entire point of these vehicles. The internetz is good at making comments like that. These vehicles are not about "sense".

They are supercar exotics

I mean lets look at the 1.3 milllion Bugatti? Do you know how many cars you can buy with that! Yet I've rarely read people say "you can buy x car and y car, etc". It is an exercise in excess and a great one at that.

Maybe if it was called Infiniti Essence, you'd like it better

Is a S65 worth its 180k price? Saying "I can get a S550 and a 911" misses the point of the S65.

If car makers and people all approached cars with the complete sense equation, we all would be driving Civics, Sentras and Corollas.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)