LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-09, 09:22 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I still can't believe people are complaining or "opinionating" about the prices of the LFA. Yes it's expensive we all know that but do we understand why it is expensive? If we understand, why is there further discussion about how expensive it is? Ultimately it's up to the actual prospective buyers to think about.

I don't have enough money or income to purchase an LFA, therefore, I don't worry about the cost of the LFA. I thought that makes lots of sense...

I commend Lexus for trying to grab a piece of the SLR buyers market. Great product, great marketing, great price (for their goals).

You have to hand it to Toyota/Lexus, they've always set their marks and achieved it when everybody was talking down on them. By now, we should all understand that they-for the most part, don't let us down. For the LFA, they set a goal and will attain it, simple as that.

I hope in the future F cars we can see a lot of the R&D from LFA. It will be so awesome for Lexus. I also have to admit, if it wasn't for Lexus coming out with the LFA or F cars, I might be out of my GS by now and into an Audi S5.

Last edited by G Star; 10-23-09 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-23-09, 09:24 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
...that was my point
Yeah, I'm confused why there was a rebuttal lol
Originally Posted by G Star
I still can't believe people are complaining or "opinionating" about the prices of the LFA. Yes it's expensive we all know that but do we understand why it is expensive? If we understand, why is there further discussion about how expensive it is? Ultimately it's up to the actual prospective buyers to think about.

I don't have enough money or income to purchase an LFA, therefore, I don't worry about the cost of the LFA. I thought that makes lots of sense...

I commend Lexus for trying to grab a piece of the SLR buyers market. Great product, great marketing, great price (for their goals).

You have to hand it to Toyota/Lexus, they've always set their marks and achieved it when everybody was talking down on them. By now, we should all understand that they-for the most part, don't let us down. For the LFA, they set a goal and will attain it, simple as that.
Old 10-23-09, 09:25 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star

Totally agree.

Except, the critics and haters will never understand (or admit) that Toyota does not let down for the most part, and that Toyota generally does what is says it will do . In other words, Toyota has shown throughout it's history time and time again that it almost always delivers.
Old 10-23-09, 09:47 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking that I should have included that in my post too. The AMG powerplant is a good one but again, it has been around for a while so the developmental costs were probably quite low.

Unfortnately the SLS, IMO, takes the worst design elements of the Viper and S2000 and blends them into one car
If we can look pass the V8 vs. V10 issue then the SLS AMG appears to be LFA's top competitor in almost every aspect:

The perfect storm – Lexus LFA vs. MB SLS AMG
Old 10-23-09, 10:04 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I agree. It will be an interesting showdown. It looks like the SLS also has about 300 lbs on the LFA.

Due to price I think the most "even" comparison will be R8 5.2 vs. SLS AMG which should be a good one. Looking at the specs the LFA competes favorably with both.

Wet dream 2010:
LFA vs. 458 Italia vs. R8 5.2 vs. SLS AMG vs. McLaren MCblahblah vs. DB9 vs. GT3 RS vs. Gallardo LP550-2
Old 10-23-09, 10:09 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Default Homestead Florida LFA video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9_xDZQ_Lmc

Here is a video from 0-60 Mag taken during the Florida Homestead Raceway press event . At the wheel of the LFA is Toyota Master Driver Hiromu Naruse. Overall a lovely video .
Old 10-23-09, 10:16 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Of all the cars that the LFA could be compared to, I have noticed that most of them involve the GT-R and R8.
The GT-R amd R8 is where the Lexus LFA will always be compared to IMO. Performance wise the LFA is right there in between the GT-R and R8, but cost wise it is 3-4 times the price. I think one has to not judge the car by price but instead look at it performance. Time will tell how good the LFA is on the skidpad but I believe the GT-R will still be it.

When you look at the Ferrari 599 (Road and Track)...3.2 seconds 0-60mph with the use of launch control....why doesn't the LFA have this?...the only car I know of from a major manufacturer that comes close to this is the GT-R

For $375k I can't go faster than a Ferrari or even a Nissan for that matter?.....I still think the LFA is cool and I do like it

Last edited by pagemaster; 10-23-09 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-23-09, 10:21 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pagemaster
For $375k I can't go faster than a Ferrari or even a Nissan for that matter?
Hell...

Halle Berry isn't taller, doesn't have better figure, bigger "assets" and is probably older than your local gentleman's club "employees" but which one would you choose?

Gees....
Old 10-23-09, 10:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

The GT-R amd R8 is where the Lexus LFA will always be compared to IMO. Performance wise the LFA is right there in between the GT-R and R8, but cost wise it is 3-4 times the price. I think one has to not judge the car by price but instead look at it performance. Time will tell how good the LFA is on the skidpad but I believe the GT-R will still be it.

When you look at the Ferrari 599...3.2 seconds 0-60mph with the use of launch control....why doesn't the LFA have this?...the only car I know of from a major manufacturer that comes close to this is the GT-R

For $375k I can't go faster than a Ferrari or even a Nissan for that matter?.....I still think the LFA is cool and I do like it
someone still likes to bring nissan gtr to the table... listen, no one in this market cares about that car ok? gtr beats a lot of cars 0-60 and on the track, but people buying ferrari and lambo they hardly give a damn to that car. no one says the gtr is not a good buy, we get your point already

599 is a v12, do you actually know the street price of that car? you are dreaming if you think you can get it for anything close to 400k
Old 10-23-09, 10:23 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Here is another video from Autocar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XRnCDcGZlk

Watch from 0:00 to 0:20, the LFA launching from standstill at full throttle! The engine is absolutely screaming !
Old 10-23-09, 10:28 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

If I had that kind of money, I'd buy one
Old 10-23-09, 10:31 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Performance wise the LFA is right there in between the GT-R and R8,
Did you get this information from your dream last night ?

No one really knows what exactly the performance will really be like until the production car comes out ...

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-23-09 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-23-09, 10:39 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
someone still likes to bring nissan gtr to the table... listen, no one in this market cares about that car ok? gtr beats a lot of cars 0-60 and on the track, but people buying ferrari and lambo they hardly give a damn to that car. no one says the gtr is not a good buy, we get your point already

599 is a v12, do you actually know the street price of that car? you are dreaming if you think you can get it for anything close to 400k
Seems like a lot of the Lexus faithful are reallly offended by the Nissan GT-R's performance figures?
Old 10-23-09, 10:41 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
No one really knows what exactly the performance will really be like until the production car comes out ...
I got the 0-60 times right from Lexus.com
Old 10-23-09, 10:44 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Did you get this information from your dream last night ?

From edmunds.com....Lexus claims the LFA with its six-speed, single-clutch automated manual transmission gets to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)