LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-09, 10:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
I got the 0-60 times right from Lexus.com
I suppose you haven't read many of the posts in this thread that already answered your post about "official" Lexus.com times.

I will repeat it again, the "official" 0-60 times of the IS350 for example, is still 5.6 seconds on lexus.com RIGHT NOW, but we all know for years that actual tested times of stock IS350's can be significantly faster than that, low 5 to high 4 seconds.

So it doesn't matter what lexus.com says. Many of the official figures by Lexus and other manufactureres are conservative and can have big variations from the real world, & dependent on the altmospheric conditions & by whom, etc., the tests were made.
Old 10-23-09, 10:51 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I suppose you haven't read many of the posts in this thread that already answered your post about "official" Lexus.com times.

I will repeat it again, the "official" 0-60 times of the IS350 for example, is still 5.6 seconds on lexus.com RIGHT NOW, but we all know for years that actual tested times of stock IS350's can be significantly faster than that, low 5 to high 4 seconds.

So it doesn't matter what lexus.com says. Many of the official figures by Lexus and other manufactureres are conservative and can have big variations from the real world, & dependent on the altmospheric conditions & by whom, etc., the tests were made.
LOL..I love how some folks just have to defend the LFA...
Old 10-23-09, 10:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Seems like a lot of the Lexus faithful are reallly offended by the Nissan GT-R's performance figures?
unfortunately no, i am not particularly faithful with lexus, i own an m3. however i am pretty sure a lot of people here will agree that you are very much anti-lexus and always try to pick on them with the slightest reasons or excuse. i am not even going into that, and i am just pointing out facts to you

if you actually read i have always been impressed and happy about the gtr performance, and i give a big thumbup to nissan for making this car and outperform so many other cars, since day ONE

but that doesn't take away the fact that the car is in a different market and some people just wont' consider the cars together. gtr doesn't affect sales of ferrai or lambo a bit. apparently that's something you never register in your brain and you just keep on putting the performance and only performance and say gtr is better. sure you are entitled to your opinions, but for sure it's getting old very fast

let's not talk about exotics where you or most people can't afford. let's bring it down to a quick lexus, the is350 (i hope you can afford that car). a civic si driven correct can outperform or get very close with the is350, so yup, the civic si is a far better car? i am sure a lot of people will laugh at you on that. people getting the is350 not just for the performance. it's brand, features, luxury, etc... together with performance. the EXACT SAME analogy applies to gtr vs lfa or other supercars / exotics
Old 10-23-09, 11:01 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9_xDZQ_Lmc

Here is a video from 0-60 Mag taken during the Florida Homestead Raceway press event . At the wheel of the LFA is Toyota Master Driver Hiromu Naruse. Overall a lovely video .
That's definitely one of my unforgettable experiences at Homestead was when the "Nur-Meister" took me around at high speed around the oval. We were going 150+ mph and the LFA as stable as can be. He's had a lot of seat time in the LFA, and for good reason, he's Toyota Motor Corporation's Master Test Driver. He's ranked #1 in the company.
Old 10-23-09, 11:03 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Why not? This is a Lexus forum and a discussion about the LFA.
Old 10-23-09, 11:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

It's good to see that's all you can say when you can't defend the actual merits of your posts above
Old 10-23-09, 11:07 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Essentially, judging by the logic of some people participating in this thread, almost every sports car north of $90,000 should be dropped from the market for poor sales because the GT-R meets or beats it's performance statistics. This would include almost every Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc.

Truthfully it is not ALL about the performance numbers, EVEN in this class of cars. If it was, even cars like the GT-R would cease to exist because everyone would purchase a Ducati
Old 10-23-09, 11:08 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

From edmunds.com....Lexus claims the LFA with its six-speed, single-clutch automated manual transmission gets to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds
From the specifications section of the official LFA website:

http://ww2.lexus-lfa.com/index.html

0 ~ 60 mph: 3.6 sec

*All information presented herein is based on development data and preliminary figures of European (W) models, and is subject to change without notice.
Now if you look here, Toyota's press release on it's Japanese website regarding the LFA:

http://www2.toyota.co.jp/en/news/09/10/1021.html

It lists a 0-100km/h (0-62 mph) time of 3.7 sec.

So in fact, according to preliminary Toyota figures, the 0-60 mph time is 3.6 sec, not 3.7 seconds.

We have yet to see FINAL production performance figures for the LFA.

Even if we assume 0-60 of 3.6 seconds is final, Nissan officially lists the 0-60 mph time for the GT-R at 3.6 seconds as well. Some magazines and drivers have achieved slightly faster 0-60 times for the GT-R. The same is possible for the LFA. Quite a few Lexus models historically have had conservative official performance times.

However, the LFA has a higher listed top speed than the GT-R.
Old 10-23-09, 11:12 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
unfortunately no, i am not particularly faithful with lexus, i own an m3. however i am pretty sure a lot of people here will agree that you are very much anti-lexus and always try to pick on them with the slightest reasons or excuse. i am not even going into that, and i am just pointing out facts to you

if you actually read i have always been impressed and happy about the gtr performance, and i give a big thumbup to nissan for making this car and outperform so many other cars, since day ONE

but that doesn't take away the fact that the car is in a different market and some people just wont' consider the cars together. gtr doesn't affect sales of ferrai or lambo a bit. apparently that's something you never register in your brain and you just keep on putting the performance and only performance and say gtr is better. sure you are entitled to your opinions, but for sure it's getting old very fast

let's not talk about exotics where you or most people can't afford. let's bring it down to a quick lexus, the is350 (i hope you can afford that car). a civic si driven correct can outperform or get very close with the is350, so yup, the civic si is a far better car? i am sure a lot of people will laugh at you on that. people getting the is350 not just for the performance. it's brand, features, luxury, etc... together with performance. the EXACT SAME analogy applies to gtr vs lfa or other supercars / exotics
Plus the fact the GT-R drives like playing a video game compared to the more tactile feel of a preproduction LFA and other exotics as commented by one of the posted reviews above.
So a sports car is not all about performance numbers either. And I suppose that's one of the reasons, that magazines like C & D still thinks the M3 is a "better" sports car than the GT-R despite being slower, whether you agree with it or not. What's "better" can have many definitions, but numbers aren't everything, that's for sure.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-23-09 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-23-09, 11:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Plus the fact the GT-R drives like playing a video game compared to the more tactile feel of a preproduction LFA and other exotics as commented by one of the posted reviews above.
So a sports car is not all about performance numbers either. And I suppose that's one of the reasons, that magazines like C & D still thinks the M3 is a "better" sports car than the GT-R despite being slower, whether you agree with it or not. What's "better" can have many definitions, but numbers aren't everything, that's for sure.
lol that's one funny post
Old 10-23-09, 11:20 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by flipside909
That's definitely one of my unforgettable experiences at Homestead was when the "Nur-Meister" took me around at high speed around the oval. We were going 150+ mph and the LFA as stable as can be. He's had a lot of seat time in the LFA, and for good reason, he's Toyota Motor Corporation's Master Test Driver. He's ranked #1 in the company.
Yup, he was very closely involved with the LFA's development as well . I await the media reaction from the Florida press event .
Old 10-23-09, 11:29 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Looking at some numbers here http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...test_data.html. Looks like the LFA will be at the back of the pack with the early Lexus numbers. What is sad is that the LFA should be one of the lighest exotics arounds.

Lets hope the handling is really good.
Old 10-23-09, 11:33 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Truthfully it is not ALL about the performance numbers, EVEN in this class of cars. If it was, even cars like the GT-R would cease to exist because everyone would purchase a Ducati
Give me a break...that is like saying towing and payload do not matter in the pickup class.....

As far as I am concerned, Performance numbers is EVERYTHING in the supercar/exotic class.......weight, 1/4 mile, 0-60, skidpads mean EVERYTHING.....The early numbers of the LFA are simply average compared to others in the class right now.

Essentially, judging by the logic of some people participating in this thread, almost every sports car north of $90,000 should be dropped from the market for poor sales because the GT-R meets or beats it's performance statistics. This would include almost every Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc.
GT-R release is more significant that the LFA release.
Old 10-23-09, 11:38 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Yup, he was very closely involved with the LFA's development as well . I await the media reaction from the Florida press event .
Yup from day 1 of the project. He's in plenty of the Nurburgring and Fuji Speedway test vids that are all over the internet.
Old 10-23-09, 11:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Seems like a lot of the Lexus faithful are reallly offended by the Nissan GT-R's performance figures?
Pagemaster, you are baiting.

Please exit this thread from this point forward.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)