LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-09, 03:45 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS
I am just curious why didn't they try out carbon/magnesium wheels or just magnesium? Way to expensive? Not light enough?
Magnesium wheels are flammable and have been banned in some forms of motorsport in the UK following fires which are very difficult to extinguish. Mag wheels have been known to catch fire in competition use after a punctured tire has allowed prolonged scraping of the wheel on the road surface.[citation needed] Some variants of Magnesium alloy wheels may have low corrosion resistance.
They have the disadvantages of being rather expensive and not practical for most street vehicles. Aluminium wheels are often mistakenly called "mag wheels".
from wikipedia
Old 10-24-09, 08:52 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rashoodz

Just beautiful, the engine looks exquisite . Looks like a race engine, and that is because it is very close to a race engine.
Old 10-24-09, 08:59 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Seize
haha Good work!

That pic had to have been calling your name...
Old 10-24-09, 11:30 PM
Mind18
Driver

Originally Posted by Christian8
I got a question, does the LFA have flaps above the taillights? I've seen the Matte Black and one of the white ones having something that looks like little flaps. I can't seem to get a picture or something. Any ideas?
They seem to be add-ons based on the pic below. Also other shots that don't have it, doesn't seem like there is a mechanical cut line.

Old 10-25-09, 12:51 AM
Christian8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mind18
They seem to be add-ons based on the pic below. Also other shots that don't have it, doesn't seem like there is a mechanical cut line.

sweet. I was hoping that i wasn't going crazy. lol. I was thinking the same.
Old 10-25-09, 02:44 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

beautiful car, beautiful exhaust sound. it's not suppose to be a bang for your buck super car like the GTR. it's a halo car that's suppose to show the world that lexus can build sports cars. it started with the IS F. lexus won't be known for making super plush "old man cars".

the day that i see someone driving this car in person, for sure i will cream myself.
i think the exhaust note for the car is amazzzzing.
Old 10-25-09, 06:32 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetfire
lexus won't be known for making super plush "old man cars".
I actually don't believe that. Lexus has a stable market out there and that means making plush, comfortable, luxury cars. Now they are bringing some performance oriented cars, styling, and marketing to grab some of the younger market share.

I believe if Lexus ever stopped making luxury cars with a plush ride, they will have lost their ways.

Just like how if ever BMW decided to switch from handling to comfort. It'll never happen.
Old 10-25-09, 08:38 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Just like how if ever BMW decided to switch from handling to comfort. It'll never happen.
bmw makes many extremely comfortable riding vehicles. that's the magic. comfortable, yet still competent.
Old 10-25-09, 09:09 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
bmw makes many extremely comfortable riding vehicles. that's the magic. comfortable, yet still competent.
Exactly. Ride quality is 95% Lexus but the handling is far, far beyond.
Old 10-25-09, 09:58 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Just beautiful, the engine looks exquisite . Looks like a race engine, and that is because it is very close to a race engine.
As it should. The 1LR-GUE is assembled in the same location as the Toyota F1 engines. Each engine is hand built by one engineer and bears his signature on the motor.
Old 10-25-09, 10:47 AM
@lpher
Lead Lap

Looking at these early wind tunnel test pictures (from ww2.lexus-lfa.com) , you just cant help wonder if they initially where building the mkV Supra...and then they just went wild...and instead decided to build the "sportscar to rule them all!"
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-lfa_supra.jpg  
Old 10-25-09, 11:07 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
As it should. The 1LR-GUE is assembled in the same location as the Toyota F1 engines. Each engine is hand built by one engineer and bears his signature on the motor.
I thought TTE/Toyota Motorsport GmbH assembled their own engines in Cologne
Old 10-25-09, 11:26 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
I thought TTE/Toyota Motorsport GmbH assembled their own engines in Cologne
Oops let me clarify. The engine blocks are manufactured at the same location in Japan. Engine assembly is indeed done by TTE for F1 and in-house at Toyota in Japan for the LFA.
Old 10-25-09, 11:41 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

i think BMW owners are butt hurt that BMW didnt come out with a car of this magnitude.
Old 10-25-09, 12:20 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

So i've been looking at the pics and the videos and this car does look pretty good. The engine/exhaust note sounds great. For whatever reason, the styling reminds me of the supra, but alot nicer. Great car overall, just not a great price.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)