LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-09, 09:19 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
BTW, I've always wonder about how they take the weight of the driver into account in these tests.

For example :

Weight of 1SICKLEX(one occupant) = Weight of rominl + his wife(two occupants)
hahahahhhaha.....That's cold...
Old 10-29-09, 09:32 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Here's is one of the videos I recently uploaded. I am working on a few others. I need to change the format/compression settings so the speedo is legible. Just crank up the volume and listen to the v10 roar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHyPRGrkcdc
Old 10-29-09, 10:30 AM
Christian8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
i think they use a "standard" avg number of around 160 or 180 per "body"?
Aviation uses 184lbs as a standard weight for a person when doing calculations for CG. It's 189lbs during the winter. They probably used the same standard.
Old 10-29-09, 11:24 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Here's is one of the videos I recently uploaded. I am working on a few others. I need to change the format/compression settings so the speedo is legible. Just crank up the volume and listen to the v10 roar.

NICE
Old 10-29-09, 12:16 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Can you post a link ?

I hope it's not 0-60 km/h in 3.6 sec. with two occupants J/K
The specs can be found at www.lexus-lfa.com, under product info and specifications.

Weight of a driver in these cases is typically around 165 lbs.

Originally Posted by flipside909

Awesome video, it seems like he was not pushing the car 100%, or am I wrong?
Old 10-29-09, 12:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
The specs can be found at www.lexus-lfa.com, under product info and specifications.

Weight of a driver in these cases is typically around 165 lbs.

that's my impression from the few videos i have seen. doesn't seem like the car was pushed 100% yet, let go of throttle early, no aggressive braking, etc...
Old 10-29-09, 12:35 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

that's my impression from the few videos i have seen. doesn't seem like the car was pushed 100% yet, let go of throttle early, no aggressive braking, etc...
I have also heard that during the Miami event VDIM was in Sport mode the whole time and was not allowed to be shut off, thus the true limits of the car were not known.

I think Toyota is still teasing us about the car's true potential .
Old 10-29-09, 12:36 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I was lucky enough to get several laps on my own including rides with Naruse-san and Scott Pruett. I recorded the hot lap with Naruse-san just before being whisked away to the airport. I'll be editing that footage sometime today. We got well into the 150+mph going around the last half of the oval. Talk about G-FORCE city!

As for my drive, I let off the gas early into the turns because I did not want to be the first one to crash the LFA prototypes. On my second drive, I did get on the brakes harder and later. They responded without any effort, fade free!

On another note, I give NASCAR drivers a lot of props. It's not as easy as it looks...especially after doing it for several hours and hundreds of laps later.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-29-09 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-29-09, 12:43 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I have also heard that during the Miami event VDIM was in Sport mode the whole time and was not allowed to be shut off, thus the true limits of the car were not known.

I think Toyota is still teasing us about the car's true potential .
I drove both LFA's that day. I know for a fact both were driven in sport mode. Unsure if both had the throttle controller at max or not. I know the white one shifted pretty harsh compared to the black one. I know for a fact the white LFA had the controller set to max as I changed it myself.
Old 10-29-09, 01:18 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Interesting points to know, thanks .
Old 10-29-09, 01:57 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Default Gauge Cluster

Here are a few examples of all the different colors and functions the cluster has:

I like it when the whole thing glows red, I think that means you are pushing the car hard .
Old 10-29-09, 02:03 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

The TFT display in the LFA is amazing in person. It looks like as if the numbers are floating. I love how the tach face changes in each drive mode you select. AUTO, NORM, WET, SPORT. The best part is all the customizable features including the stop watch and that rev meter indicator ala 2IS.
Old 10-29-09, 02:14 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I can imagine that it must be truly amazing in-person. It definitely looks like the numbers are floating from the videos I have seen. Great to see such innovation occuring even with gauge clusters. Lexus has come a LONG way since their first Optitron gauges.
Old 10-29-09, 03:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The LFA is an amazing car and an engineering marvel with its carbon fiber body, 550+ hp, and 200+ mph top speed, but like most Japanese cars it is plane jane compared to its competition. I don't care that only 500 will be made, I think 360k for this car when its the very very very very first vehicle of this kind that Lexus has ever developed and it doesn't have the visual excitement of a Ferrari, Lambo, or even a 911 GT3, is insane. We have seen many supercars in the past that fell to the same trap. To expensive, unknown, and just not sexy enough.

I would still bet the GTR will kick its *** on a track with some very minor mods ( ECU retune and exhaust) and is still far far less exspensive

Last edited by I8ABMR; 10-29-09 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-29-09, 03:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

another gtr talk? please... give me a break..... just go get the gtr already

ryan, i can't wait for the true hot lap videos, i want to see what the can really do

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)