LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-09, 05:18 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
So I don't know if this is 100% accurate, but supposedly all of Canada is getting 10 LFAs total. A user in another thread on CL posted that supposedly Calgary alone will get 3 LFAs.
I don't think it's necessarily true about Calgary, from other Canadian media reports, they aren't even taking official orders yet, until June next year ...
Old 11-04-09, 07:40 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I don't think it's necessarily true about Calgary, from other Canadian media reports, they aren't even taking official orders yet, until June next year ...
Yes, they are officially not taking orders yet, but the allocation of LFAs to specific countries and specific cities may have already been finalized. How else to explain the unofficial allocation of 10 LFAs for Canada?
Old 11-04-09, 07:50 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

I think even allocations to different countries/cities are mostly preliminary and still quite flexible & maybe subject to some changes, they will probably adjust them depending on the demand for the car in different countries ...
Old 11-04-09, 07:52 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I think even allocations to different countries/cities are mostly preliminary and still quite flexible & maybe subject to some changes, they will probably adjust them depending on the demand for the car in different countries ...
Probably right, although demand should surely exceed supply so there will only be so much adjusting that they can do .
Old 11-04-09, 08:31 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Here is another video of the black LFA revving at SEMA, better sound quality this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSHH-9mDL9A

You can clearly hear the race-car-like idle.
Old 11-06-09, 06:48 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Default New LFA SEMA video - interior features

Here is a pretty thorough video of the black LFA at SEMA, some of the interior features including the gauge cluster are shown, and a quick explanation and walk-around of the exterior. Also, we of course hear the car revving too .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tn5gG9N5k8
Old 11-06-09, 10:03 AM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Here is a pretty thorough video of the black LFA at SEMA, some of the interior features including the gauge cluster are shown, and a quick explanation and walk-around of the exterior. Also, we of course hear the car revving too .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tn5gG9N5k8
Nice video, particularly with the dialogue providing facts not hype.
Old 11-06-09, 07:25 PM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LF-A thoughts

I just got my magazines in the mail today discussing this car. I love it but one thing that kills it, the price. Who here honestly thought it was going to cost this much? I read that it will cost $375,000 to purchase this car. Man, it is a sick car but that is a realm that Lexus just isn't accustomed to going after. I wonder how sales will be after the first two years. I think it will succeed in year 1 since it is new and they may not release that many cars for the first year. To me I think it would cost close to Porsche 911 turbo numbers, maybe even GT2 or GT3.
Old 11-06-09, 07:47 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

find me another car that has a CF chassis and these mechanical specs for $375k. Carrera GT and SLR Mclaren have CF chassis but they are $440k+ cars. Its primary Ferrari competitors the 599/612 weigh 800 pounds more.
Old 11-06-09, 08:15 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
find me another car that has a CF chassis and these mechanical specs for $375k. Carrera GT and SLR Mclaren have CF chassis but they are $440k+ cars. Its primary Ferrari competitors the 599/612 weigh 800 pounds more.
In the end it's a Toyota that's gonna be stuck in traffic, then what are you gonna do with a CF chassis.

Toyota/Lexus really went extreme with this car, they could have added real sports packages to all the sedans, and dropped a supra back into the mix.
Old 11-06-09, 08:22 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I wish they could reduce the price by about $300,000 and call it the new SC.....
Old 11-06-09, 08:24 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Here is another video of the black LFA revving at SEMA, better sound quality this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSHH-9mDL9A

You can clearly hear the race-car-like idle.
Sweet, but still I don't know, kinda like a Corvette, never care to own one but an awesome car
Old 11-06-09, 08:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
In the end it's a Toyota that's gonna be stuck in traffic, then what are you gonna do with a CF chassis.

Toyota/Lexus really went extreme with this car, they could have added real sports packages to all the sedans, and dropped a supra back into the mix.
IS/GS have f sport parts
LS now has a sport model

this is not some car that will b stuck in traffic. This is not like a car we all drive. It should b commended not picked apart.
Old 11-06-09, 08:48 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

So I don't know if this is 100% accurate, but supposedly all of Canada is getting 10 LFAs total. A user in another thread on CL posted that supposedly Calgary alone will get 3 LFAs.
Thought about it again, there are 30 Lexus dealers in all of Canada, and only one dealer in Calgary.

According to Dave600hL, even in Japan, they have about one per dealer only.

If Canada really gets allocated only 10 LFA's, what's the chance of Calgary getting 3 ?

I suppose maybe three in Calgary put down their names(or even a deposit ?) showing interest, but that does not guarantee that all of them will get one ...
Old 11-06-09, 08:52 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
IS/GS have f sport parts
LS now has a sport model

this is not some car that will b stuck in traffic. This is not like a car we all drive. It should b commended not picked apart.
Ideally, it's a car that should be transported to a track and driven there ONLY, unless it's all open road from the owner's home to the track

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)