LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-09, 10:14 PM
LexFather

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...k-warning.html

Rominl takes photos of the LFA at Cars and Coffee
Old 11-22-09, 09:32 AM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Not sure if this video link has been posted (didn't see it in the last couple of pages of posts, will keep searching)

From Evo Magazine

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...lexus_lfa.html
Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen this one. It was a good camera angle as well, about eye height.
Old 11-23-09, 07:15 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Default Lexus LFA (can only be leased?)

When Lexus announced that the official price of its upcoming 2011 LFA supercar was set at $375,000, it’s safe to assume that the collective jaws of every car enthusiast, including Lexus fans, would have dropped in an instant.

The new V-10 powered GT is set to go on sale in January 11 but potential customers won’t have to front up all the cash in one go. It seems that Lexus is planning to lease all 500 examples of its new LFA in effort to prevent speculators from inflating the price and hoarding stock.

The LFA will only be offered with two-year leases and Lexus will be holding on to the vehicles’ titles. The information comes from the automaker’s sales and dealer development chief, Brian Smith, who explained that Lexus is attempting to prevent the ownership experience of LFA customers from being damaged.

Of the 500 units, each one will be unique. Customers will even be able to specify what type of stitching they want their cars to have and importantly, no car will be built until an order is completed.In this way, each LFA customer will be paying roughly the same for their cars. At the end of the two-year lease, customers can opt to buy the cars.
(Courtesy of Motor Authority)
Old 11-23-09, 07:25 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's not gonna float.

People with big bucks will drop cash, and they'll want that in their garage as collector's items.

Why sign a lease when you're not gonna add miles to it?
Old 11-23-09, 08:23 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Similar to what Ferrari has done to their high end cars, so people don't buy them and flip them. I don't think buying at the end of the lease is an option, rather a requirement.

Anybody with more info care to share?
Old 11-23-09, 08:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it will work just fine, again mindset of rich people are different. this lease idea has been around for a while, and actually since the lfa debut it's been mentioned. all cars will be under 2 yr lease and lease singer needs to have the intention to buy afterward. you can bet lexus will be careful on the owner selection.

owners won't care if they are paying a lease and not putting much miles, coz' after 2 yrs they will just buy the car out. as mr_f1 stated, it's also with other exotic brands

and as already mentioned, that's to avoid people flipping cars and make money. with a car like this, if people can buy out with cash, then you can easily see this car going for 500-600k in no time
Old 11-23-09, 09:32 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the real pool of potential LFA owners, this is not a deal killer.
Old 11-23-09, 09:59 AM
LexFather

From my understanding Ferrari did the same with teh F50. Oddly there were no news reports or big deals made about it.

Last edited by LexFather; 11-23-09 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-23-09, 10:07 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

EXCELLENT... now to come up with the probably $7500/month to lease this baby and I'll be all set...

It is a good move to get those vultures (dealers and private buyers) that hack the price up aftermarket.
Old 11-23-09, 12:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
From my understanding Ferrari did the same with teh F50. Oddly there were no news reports or big deals made about it.
haha you and i both know why. but it's ok, somehow when i first read the lease "requirement", i expected it will be brought up. i was a bit shocked in the beginning too, but quickly realized the reasons
Old 11-23-09, 12:24 PM
LexFather

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/23/v...-lenos-garage/

LFA on Jay Leno's show
Old 11-23-09, 02:07 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
haha you and i both know why. but it's ok, somehow when i first read the lease "requirement", i expected it will be brought up. i was a bit shocked in the beginning too, but quickly realized the reasons
I recall this bit of news being brought up at the cars debut though.... why is it being taken and ran with now?

Goes to show.....
Old 11-23-09, 03:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by MR_F1
I recall this bit of news being brought up at the cars debut though.... why is it being taken and ran with now?

Goes to show.....
this piece of information going into the ears of potential owners who are familiar with exotics and supercars, they won't be all that surprised (they probably won't care much neither). but lexus is different since the brand itself is more common so that's probably why the idea sounds strange to some
Old 11-23-09, 05:14 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Motor Trend spots the LFA at Lexus's Headquarter and follows it to the Cars and Coffee event in Irvine, CA. Very well done!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKaZBiNq8PQ
Old 11-23-09, 05:47 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mister Two
Motor Trend spots the LFA at Lexus's Headquarter and follows it to the Cars and Coffee event in Irvine, CA. Very well done!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKaZBiNq8PQ
Neat vid!!! I've been around that area, seen the Lexus building and all the new Lexus cars parked out there, along with the Mazda facility...although I think their main US headquarters are in Torrance.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)