LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-09, 05:37 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spoon808
hey flipside, where can i find the gallery for the pics you just posted? those are some pretty specific shots, i wonder what else you have.

**edit** and do you know the purpose of having the pushed-out sidemarkers?
Japanese cars require side markers to have that extra bulge. That was probably the Japanese spec LFA.
Old 11-25-09, 05:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
Japanese cars require side markers to have that extra bulge. That was probably the Japanese spec LFA.
The white LFA I drove in Miami was Euro-spec (it was air shipped back to Germany after it's few days at Homestead)...all the way down to the rear foglamp.

Old 11-26-09, 05:02 PM
spoon808
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I'll have my whole gallery up soon. I'm still wrapping up some details of my write up of my LFA drive experience in Miami.
ahh! i see, can't wait!
Old 11-26-09, 08:22 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
You know more than me. My info is direct from Lexus.

The front markers are different for the other world markets. We in North America get the flat ones and Europe gets the cooler pushed out type:
No need to get over defensive. Everybody here knows where you get your info. I was just stating what I've observed.
Old 11-27-09, 09:10 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by MR_F1
No need to get over defensive. Everybody here knows where you get your info. I was just stating what I've observed.
Stating fact versus speculation is key here. What you have conveyed is suggesting otherwise.
Old 11-29-09, 05:42 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is another interesting tidbit about the LFA as a technological tour de force:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/afx/2009...fx7165938.html

Teijin Up On Report Toyota To Use Car-Window Resin

Shares of Teijin Ltd jumped 3.9 percent to 270 yen after the Nikkei business daily reported the synthetic textile manufacturer has developed a high-function resin for car windows that weighs 30 percent less than glass.

The resin will first be used domestically by Toyota Motor Corp ( TM - news - people ) in small windows for the Lexus LFA sports coupe, which will be rolled out at the end of next year, the Nikkei said.
So not just carbon fiber, but also synthetic glass!
Old 11-29-09, 10:50 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Nothing wrong with stating your observation...
Old 11-30-09, 07:36 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by encore888
Here is another interesting tidbit about the LFA as a technological tour de force:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/afx/2009...fx7165938.html

So not just carbon fiber, but also synthetic glass!
Haven't people been doing this for ages now though? Plexiglass? Polycarbonate? Lexan?
Old 12-01-09, 02:54 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

evo gave the LFA 4/5 stars in its review in the COTY issue. Main complaints were its price (the LFA, in fact, was runner-up for the annual "It costs how much, are you crazy?" award), with the typical barb about not being worth six times more than a certain other Japanese vehicle, and the transmission in automatic mode (again, ). I guess that's worth docking a star, so my F actually outscores it.

The review itself doesn't add anything new that we hadn't heard before, but did compliment the:
  • LCD instrument panel, which "could hardly be clearer"
  • steering, described as "quick", "precise, tactile, credible despite being electrically assisted"
  • engine sound, "magnificent", "a dense shriek like a V10 Formula 1 car used to make"
  • brakes, "progressive, with a firm, solid pedal", particularly good because "carbon ceramic brakes often lack these attributes"
  • detailing, pointing out that carbonfiber allows "edges, ridges, shapes that could never be replicated in sheet metal"
  • on the Nür, "there's nothing we don't overtake" "on this industry test session populated with various heavy-hitters from big-name Europeans" (although I suppose on a 20km track, you often won't see what you can't overtake) - and that, "after a few laps, you and the LFA feel invincible"
  • "a supercar more forgiving than you would ever have guessed"

As always, I recommend subscribing to evo, or buying this issue on the newsstand (COTY is always a good read, even when their pick is lame).

Last edited by gengar; 12-01-09 at 03:05 AM.
Old 12-01-09, 08:21 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by gengar
evo gave the LFA 4/5 stars in its review in the COTY issue. Main complaints were its price (the LFA, in fact, was runner-up for the annual "It costs how much, are you crazy?" award), with the typical barb about not being worth six times more than a certain other Japanese vehicle, and the transmission in automatic mode (again, ). I guess that's worth docking a star, so my F actually outscores it.

The review itself doesn't add anything new that we hadn't heard before, but did compliment the:
  • LCD instrument panel, which "could hardly be clearer"
  • steering, described as "quick", "precise, tactile, credible despite being electrically assisted"
  • engine sound, "magnificent", "a dense shriek like a V10 Formula 1 car used to make"
  • brakes, "progressive, with a firm, solid pedal", particularly good because "carbon ceramic brakes often lack these attributes"
  • detailing, pointing out that carbonfiber allows "edges, ridges, shapes that could never be replicated in sheet metal"
  • on the Nür, "there's nothing we don't overtake" "on this industry test session populated with various heavy-hitters from big-name Europeans" (although I suppose on a 20km track, you often won't see what you can't overtake) - and that, "after a few laps, you and the LFA feel invincible"
  • "a supercar more forgiving than you would ever have guessed"

As always, I recommend subscribing to evo, or buying this issue on the newsstand (COTY is always a good read, even when their pick is lame).
Thanks! Funny but Ferrari just stated they will no longer make manuals.
Old 12-04-09, 06:24 AM
LexFather

Lexus LFA wireframe cutaway wows us

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/03/l...taway-wows-us/

Wow. Lexus brought their new LFA supercar to the LA Auto Show this year. That might not seem particularly wow-worthy, but it definitely becomes more surprising when you hear that they actually brought an LFA and a half. While a white LFA was happily humming along, spinning slowly on a rotating platform in the middle of the booth, another LFA-like creature lay motionless a few feet away.

It seems Lexus had an extra drivetrain they wanted to display, but instead of just parking the engine, transaxle and other mechanical bits on a stand, they decided to make it something of a cutaway. Rather than chopping up one of those exquisitely woven carbon fiber bodies, thankfully, they supported the running gear in a wireframe cutaway of sorts that mimics the overall shape of the production car. It was even done up in white just like the real thing on the other side of the stand. While some saw it as a novel way to display the internals, we think this might be a sneak peek at the cheaper, simpler Lexus LFA we had hoped for. Or, you know, not.

Check out the gallery below, and do yourself a favor – Take a few extra seconds to ogle that engine.

Old 12-04-09, 09:13 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

More LFA Footage from Homestead Raceway. This one is in HD courtesy of Lexus USA.

(I just loaded the video up so it may take some time to completely process).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne4NN9m4B7Q
Old 12-04-09, 11:43 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Here is the longer video with Scott Pruett being interviewed about the LFA:

http://www.youtube.com/v/FHoRp4Cq48M
Old 12-04-09, 02:51 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

So I guess the official price is $432,615

Quite a bit more than even the $375,000 that was speculated.
Old 12-04-09, 11:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)