LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-10, 12:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i say the 3 hr training is very interesting!
Old 04-01-10, 12:46 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i say the 3 hr training is very interesting!
After you get the training, you can come to the 'Ring with your annual pass, practicing what you were taught, and seeing how fast you can go. Plus you'll also park VIP-style in the reserved private parking .
Old 04-01-10, 01:38 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I spoke with the GM of the dealership today.

He said he had 4 pissed rich folks who did not receive an allocation calling him and chewing him out.

The "you are rejected" letters were sent first.

Now for some surprises. He said 250 of the 500 cars will come to the US
(I had heard 170).

50 will go to dealers (including him) and those cars will be built at the end of the run.

There will also be high profile folks getting them and they will have to pay for the cars.

The allocations went to 20 markets including Atlanta, Denver, Boston, Memphis and Cleveland. Most will obviously go to money centers like Miami, LA and NY.

He expects the track package to not have any takers as the resale will be low.
Old 04-01-10, 01:41 PM
LexFather

Atlanta!! Whoo hoo!!! I did hear the dealer(s) and a couple of people were interested here. Hope I get to see/meet.
Old 04-01-10, 01:51 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350

He said he had 4 pissed rich folks who did not receive an allocation calling him and chewing him out.

(I had heard 170).

50 will go to dealers (including him) and those cars will be built at the end of the run.

There will also be high profile folks getting them and they will have to pay for the cars.

The allocations went to 20 markets including Atlanta, Denver, Boston, Memphis and Cleveland. Most will obviously go to money centers like Miami, LA and NY.

Awesome!

Yet more proof that the demand IS THERE!
Old 04-01-10, 02:16 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Awesome!

Yet more proof that the demand IS THERE!
Wait, didn't we just hear that they were sold out in Japan back in January? 250 cars available to the US market really means that 100 cars didn't get absorbed somewhere else as anticipated. Am I the only one who gets that? Keep in mind it's not like they are all sitting in a depot somewhere. They all have to be built yet so something is screwy and the story keeps changing.

I know, I know, I'm the troll for pointing out what I think should be obvious, they increased the number of cars available in the US but have somehow turned down legitimate buyers? Flame me all you want, but something sounds a lot like BS. Now Lexus claims they are going to extract 125 cars a year from a 300-400 ($350k+) US car market?

Oh yea, I'm expected to believe what the sales people at Lexus tell me so I should call them for the truth. If I believed everything a salesman told me I'd have been broke a long time ago.

I think the truth is demand is soft as hell. There isn't any press out there claiming the car is a great value, the lease makes it a serious hurdle, not in terms of qualifications but in terms of options if you hate the damn thing, and they are trying to make it look as exclusive as possible to further obscure the lack of demand. I will now don my flame retardant suit for everyone's response.
Old 04-01-10, 02:35 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyJames
Wait, didn't we just hear that they were sold out in Japan back in January? 250 cars available to the US market really means that 100 cars didn't get absorbed somewhere else as anticipated. Am I the only one who gets that? Keep in mind it's not like they are all sitting in a depot somewhere. They all have to be built yet so something is screwy and the story keeps changing.

I know, I know, I'm the troll for pointing out what I think should be obvious, they increased the number of cars available in the US but have somehow turned down legitimate buyers? Flame me all you want, but something sounds a lot like BS. Now Lexus claims they are going to extract 125 cars a year from a 300-400 ($350k+) US car market?

Oh yea, I'm expected to believe what the sales people at Lexus tell me so I should call them for the truth. If I believed everything a salesman told me I'd have been broke a long time ago.

I think the truth is demand is soft as hell. There isn't any press out there claiming the car is a great value, the lease makes it a serious hurdle, not in terms of qualifications but in terms of options if you hate the damn thing, and they are trying to make it look as exclusive as possible to further obscure the lack of demand. I will now don my flame retardant suit for everyone's response.

TommyJames, please exit this thread. I was very clear in my previous request to you.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Tommy, your posts of late are bordering troll-like behavior and I'm going to ask you to tone it down please. You've expressed your concerns and suspicions over and over (in this thread and others) and everyone here has read them many times. Stating them yet again is not serving any purpose.

Most of our members are Lexus enthusiasts /owners as well as general car guys like you. I ask that you respect them and do the same thing as we are all doing. Wait and see.

Use this forum to learn more about the LF-A, read observations from other members who have seen or ridden in one, see who posts up about their notifications, etc but let's knock off the ongoing dissection of the order status. It clearly is not a productive conversation for anyone here except you and is creating an ongoing negative vibe.

Thank you. Please PM me with any concerns about this request and let this thread get back on topic.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-01-10 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-01-10, 02:54 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

(I had heard 170).

This means I may get a chance to actually see one on the road. I may even get a chance to snap some pics of it. Suppose the owner is a real Lexus fan and let's me do a shoot with him!
Yeah.............I'm trippin.
Old 04-01-10, 03:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

(I had heard 170).

so they have just raised the allocation to the US to 250? i am pretty surprised by this

i have a question on the 50 cars to dealership, what does that mean? which 50 (out of the many) dealerships will get them, and under what criteria? so the cars will be owned by the owner / gm of the dealership, or it's up to dealerships to sell them? this actually go against what lexus was saying from the very beginning right? where they said they want to make sure the cars reached perspective buyers and not allowing dealers to have control?

and it sounds like not all lfa in the US will be on the 2 yr lease / buyout term. some are sold as is for full amount?
Old 04-01-10, 03:20 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

I am sorry about folks not being ok with
Tommy's tone

he made an excellent point about the final
allocation and what it might mean

the US allocation is very skewed on the
high side

I was shocked that the dealers got cars
over customers

on the other hand I was doing some scouting
with putnam leasing and they had no idea
about the lfa
these are folks primarily in the exotic car finance
space
the guy was saying that if there was zero incentive for dealers
for this car the large and powerful dealers
would go ballistic
I guess that is how they got 50 units

the GM also said that a second lease option
with traditional payments would be offered
and that should be in the info package I receive
tomorrow

Last edited by S2000toIS350; 04-01-10 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-01-10, 03:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I am sorry about folks not being ok with
Tommy's tone

he made an excellent point about the final
allocation and what it might mean

the US allocation is very skewed on the
high side

I was shocked that the dealers got cars
over customers

on the other hand I was doing some scouting
with putnam leasing and they fad no idea
about the lfa
these are folks primarily in the exotic car finance
space
the guy was saying that if there was zero incentive for dealers
for this car the large and powerful dealers
would go ballistic
I guess that is how they got 50 units

the GM also said that a second lease option
with traditional payments would be offered
and that should be in the info package I receive
tomorrow
thanks for the further info, definitely appreciate it. i personally also agree with tommy's points, it's something to be considered.

i personally think 250 lfa coming to the US in 2 yrs, that's a really big number. here's why. lambo and ferrari don't sell that many murc variants or lp640 a year, same with ferrari on the 599 and 612. the lfa is a car in that segment in terms of pricing and affordability. a lot of the "new" lp640 or 612, they are more like current ferrari and lambo owners changing to newer car and what not.

and now the lfa is a completely new car and it's pulling 125 owners from somewhere. if they are pulling these owners from ferrari and lambo, that'd be great, though i am not sure bout the number. if lexus is able to pull these owners from completely out of nowhere, now that's some great job done. that would be some very interesting stuff to learn about

about dealerships getting cars, i am shocked not only does it go against what lexus claimed in the very beginning (the whole idea about them selecting buyers). it would be very ugly if lexus is doing this to "please" the dealers and **** off people who are actually readily to get the car and now on the phone cursing over the GM. that's just some logic that sounds very weird to me

can't wait to hear the 2nd lease option, please do post about it. i wonder why suddenly they come up with a 2nd option
Old 04-01-10, 03:45 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Rominl

the 500 means all cars to all markets
including the potential 50 track packages

the one that goes to the dealer will be
his personal car (he is the GM)

clearly some international markets either
showed little interest in the car or just
got the short end of things

it does make one wonder why they needed
to place half of total prodtion in the us
considering japan would get like 160
that only leaves 90 for the rest of the
planet

I re revivewed my phone message and
my conversation with the GM
he had 5 pissed customers to deal with
I think he was stumped on how I got lucky
as I haven't purchased from him
I just go there for service

he said he has a 599 and the lfa is better
he added that the seat have their own suspension
system and that contributes to why the car
rides so well
Old 04-01-10, 03:53 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I'm really curious if this 2nd lease option is confirmed?

Also I wonder based on what reasons are dealers getting some of the cars? Wouldn't it make sense for a few dealers to have cars for display/halo purposes, but have them be not part of that 500 unit total?

If the demand is really there, then I don't quite understand why they would cut into the 500 unit total to give dealers some cars.
Old 04-01-10, 03:54 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Rominl

I missed your point on the second lease

at work I always say folks prefer ice cream
parlors that offer something besides vanilla

the GM pointed out that with money rates
A's cheap A's they currently are some
buyers would prefer to keep their dough
in something that might be workin for
them

that is definitely the case for me as my
assets are over allocated in income
producing real estate
Old 04-01-10, 03:55 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Rominl

the 500 means all cars to all markets
including the potential 50 track packages

the one that goes to the dealer will be
his personal car (he is the GM)

clearly some international markets either
showed little interest in the car or just
got the short end of things

it does make one wonder why they needed
to place half of total prodtion in the us
considering japan would get like 160
that only leaves 90 for the rest of the
planet

I re revivewed my phone message and
my conversation with the GM
he had 5 pissed customers to deal with
I think he was stumped on how I got lucky
as I haven't purchased from him
I just go there for service

he said he has a 599 and the lfa is better
he added that the seat have their own suspension
system and that contributes to why the car
rides so well
The seat has a suspension system? I haven't seen this listed at all in any technical documents, spec sheets, or press kits.

If true, that is amazing .

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)