LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-10, 12:03 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Great news Gengar!

We just need to get Dave an allocation
to be at 100%

I hope you get to the Autobahn event as
there should be a few of us there and
it will be fun to compare notes
Old 04-19-10, 12:06 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Gengar ...wonderful news!

I think Dave didn't get it because there was way too much competition in Japan. If he were in US, it'd probably be a different story for him.

Congratulations again!
Old 04-19-10, 12:47 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Hey folks, I got back this weekend after a business trip and had several phone messages from various Lexus parties informing me I'd received an LFA allocation (I guess I really should start forwarding calls from my domestic cell to my work cell when I'm overseas), so it looks like I was in the second wave of notifications. Not sure I would have gotten one before they upped the US to 250 units, but I'm happy either way.

I also got invited to the May 4th event at autobahn, and will try to make it although I'm currently scheduled to be out west at the time.
A big congratulations!!!
Old 04-19-10, 03:15 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats gengar!

Oh and +1 for fingers crossed Dave getting allocated a surprise car too.

Last edited by TripleL; 04-19-10 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-19-10, 03:37 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Gengar

Did you receive confirmation of the 250
number from Lexus?

The local dealer said 250 but my internal
Lexus sources said 170.

My sense is a number of folks passed or
could not fund or failed the credit check
(the deadline was last Friday) so Lexus
called the deserving customer,
you.
Old 04-19-10, 04:07 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Gengar

Did you receive confirmation of the 250
number from Lexus?

The local dealer said 250 but my internal
Lexus sources said 170.

My sense is a number of folks passed or
could not fund or failed the credit check
(the deadline was last Friday) so Lexus
called the deserving customer,
you.
I actually haven't talked to anyone at Lexus yet - I was just repeating the 250 number that was passed along in this thread. I haven't even picked up my packet yet, although I'm looking forward to doing that maybe tomorrow. I probably won't get a chance to deposit until next week.

The phone messages were left for me on Wednesday and Thursday, so that was before the 4/16 deadline for the first wave of notifications although certainly they may already have had some responses by then. I didn't get the messages until this weekend because I gave Lexus a personal cell # I only use domestically, which I don't check when I'm out of the country.
Old 04-19-10, 05:09 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Today's update is:

I was walking home from the bus thinking, I did not receive a receipt from the dealer for the first deposit ($10K) and I had seen last week that my check cleared.

In the mail today I received a letter from Lexus Financial Services confirming that I qualified. In both the credit application and the letter they refer to a 2012 LFA. I do not know if all the paperwork is set up like that or there is something set about my build date.
Old 04-19-10, 05:16 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

So did we completely squash the theory/rumors on an LFA II roadsters and hybrids (more the former than latter).

I'm very willing to buy one but now is not the right time for me financially, in the coming couple of years, I could be ready for it.
Old 04-19-10, 05:51 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

I do not know what is planned regarding LFA II, if there is such a car.

I was told for the car we have seen, no vert, no hybrid.
Old 04-19-10, 08:52 PM
LexFather

lOVE THE RED!!!!!!!!!!

Hey folks, I got back this weekend after a business trip and had several phone messages from various Lexus parties informing me I'd received an LFA allocation (I guess I really should start forwarding calls from my domestic cell to my work cell when I'm overseas), so it looks like I was in the second wave of notifications. Not sure I would have gotten one before they upped the US to 250 units, but I'm happy either way.

I also got invited to the May 4th event at autobahn, and will try to make it although I'm currently scheduled to be out west at the time.

Congrats!
Old 04-19-10, 10:08 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations!

That's awesome to hear, you are one very lucky person .

I'm more curious than ever about allocations. If more have been allocated to the US, and with lots of demand in Japan, which markets then lost allocation? Is it mostly European markets I wonder?

Today's update is:

I was walking home from the bus thinking, I did not receive a receipt from the dealer for the first deposit ($10K) and I had seen last week that my check cleared.

In the mail today I received a letter from Lexus Financial Services confirming that I qualified. In both the credit application and the letter they refer to a 2012 LFA. I do not know if all the paperwork is set up like that or there is something set about my build date.
Sounds like you might have a later build date.

Originally Posted by G Star
So did we completely squash the theory/rumors on an LFA II roadsters and hybrids (more the former than latter).

I'm very willing to buy one but now is not the right time for me financially, in the coming couple of years, I could be ready for it.
I do not know what is planned regarding LFA II, if there is such a car.

I was told for the car we have seen, no vert, no hybrid.
I believe this is the case; no roadster and no hybrid model for the LFA. If there is a successor to the LFA, there may be a roadster or hybrid.
Old 04-19-10, 10:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i find it very interesting and amusing that they lock down the allocation so hard that in japan, even with big demands, each dealership gets one and that's it. while here in the US they are going in waves with different applicants until the list is exhausted (and still on going).

and it's funny too, gengar said things are in waves and he just got his allocation, but s2000tois350, he said the GM already got calls from 3-4 people who got rejected letters? how does that work?
Old 04-19-10, 11:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
and it's funny too, gengar said things are in waves and he just got his allocation, but s2000tois350, he said the GM already got calls from 3-4 people who got rejected letters? how does that work?
S2000toIS350 mentioned that the reject letters go out first, then the acceptances later. I'm guessing they went through the pool, and off the bat a number were disqualified. There is then a pool of prospective buyer candidates, which they go through in tiers. Reminds me a bit of signing up for a game show or American Idol, there are auditions where lots get rejected outright, then there is a group that gets through the screening to the contest, then the winners are chosen...of course, here there are 500 total instead of just 1 winner.
Old 04-21-10, 06:39 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And yet another LFA but this time in.......BLUE!!!! Saw it posted on lexusenthusiast.com so decided to share. Second video shows the interior. Look at those Recaro seats!! Best color so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW4R6...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOauG...layer_embedded

Last edited by LexusMan77; 04-21-10 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-21-10, 07:12 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexusMan77
And yet another LFA but this time in.......BLUE!!!! Saw it posted on lexusenthusiast.com so decided to share. Second video shows the interior. Look at those Recaro seats!! Best color so far.
Thx for the links! The LFA looks great in each color so far...well maybe the Nurburgring orange is a bit different, but so far no real pictures of that I think...

Also: BBC America is airing the LFA Top Gear episode on April 26 at 8/7C for US viewers. That's the segment with the spaceship effects etc. It will repeat later next week too.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)