LFA Model (2012)

Wheel question and some LFA love

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-09, 11:41 AM
Damage
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Looks like a slight variation on the BBS FI. They have the blade effect from the IS-F. The FI is expected to retail somewhere between $12k and $15k a set.

Ooo that in a darker or brushed/polished finish would look hot.
Old 10-23-09, 12:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Damn.. There goes that idea!!!
nop, not yet. as i state in car chat as well

that design is used in a few vehicles, for example my m3 is already like that. that's why the car has nut bolts, but no lug nuts. it's just a straight hex lug bolts going into the hub

but that design (lug bolt) has absolutely nothing to do with wheel design and fitment. the lug bolts are still cone type on my m3 just like others. that's why when you look at aftermarket wheels for say m3 and isf, besides the bolt pattern (and maybe lug sizes), the wheels are the same

of course it depends on the lfa wheel lug design and bolt pattern, i am not saying for sure it will fit on other lexus (in fact i said not sure). but the use of lug bolt does not automatically mean the wheels can't apply on other cars
again the lug bolt size, type, etc.. can be very unique to the lfa making the wheels not applicable on any other cars, but just the use of lug bolts alone is not enough to say that the wheels aren't applicable to other cars. and as far as i know, if we talk about common use, there are two type of lug design (cone vs flat) and two diameters (M12 and M14)

of course i don't have the luxury to study exotics
Old 10-23-09, 01:16 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
nop, not yet. as i state in car chat as well
Agreed....

With the help of "Crazympg", we were one of the 1st to see of IS-F wheels fit on the IS350...

I guess I will have to wait for him to get the LFA to further investigate for sure..

Joe Z
Old 10-23-09, 01:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

hahaha yeah, please tell me phil has ordered one already

but then again, i don't think i will be able to afford even the door lock on the lfa, let alone wheels
Old 10-24-09, 11:21 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Thanks to Rashoodz for posting pics in the LFA thread..

Great detail of the "IS-F" center cap, the lug nut bolts and the Blade Design..

Also, the asymmetrical pattern of the wheel & tire are not unidirectional and can be rotated side to side.

Just like the new wheel design found on the 2010 IS-F..

2 less part numbers FTW!!!

If the bolt pattern is 5x114.3 or 5x4.5, they just might fit... Only other thing might be the center bore size..

The Gunmetal LFA wheel close up...

Originally Posted by Rashoodz

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-24-09 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-24-09, 11:41 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

would those brake rotors work with our brake calipers?
Old 10-24-09, 12:00 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEXUSF
would those brake rotors work with our brake calipers?
No since the LFA Front rotor is 390 mm (15.4 in) verses the IS-F's Front rotor 360mm. (14.2 in).

Now the LFA's Rear rotor is 360 mm (14.2 in), so that one might be possible to use up front, but not likely since the mounting & calipers are different for sure.

Then you would need special pads as well..

We were supposed to have the F-Sport $10K opptional CCM brakes for the IS-F, but it never happened...

Maybe something will happen this coming year..

Here's a whole thread on it: F-Sport Ceramic Brakes for IS-F

There is a working prototype of the CCM Brakes on an IS-F, rolling around here in SoCal!!! ..

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-24-09 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-24-09, 12:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

if the ccm brakes for 2is is 10k, that's pretty "cheap" imho for what you get. and i highly highly doubt the lfa brakes / rotors will fit on the isf, not to mention the price

yeah i am interested in whether the lfa wheels have the same bolt pattern and the bore size. but then again it will just be a dream anyway, hehe
Old 10-24-09, 12:29 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

if the ccm brakes for 2is is 10k, that's pretty "cheap" imho for what you get. and i highly highly doubt the lfa brakes / rotors will fit on the isf, not to mention the price

yeah i am interested in whether the lfa wheels have the same bolt pattern and the bore size. but then again it will just be a dream anyway, hehe

Agreed on all counts...
Old 10-24-09, 01:17 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

i was thinking if i could get them at employee price and install them myself it would be cool. maybe we could buy the brake caliper and rotor and put it on the f?
Old 10-24-09, 01:18 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

i also read somewhere the rotors never need to be replaced under normal conditions!
Old 10-24-09, 01:31 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

the rims are gonna be ridiculously rare. for those who do get the lf-a, i highly doubt that they'll swap em for aftermarkets, although some might to change up the look. but for those who want those rims, the best bet is to either ask lexus to see what the going rate would be or to wait for possibly a secondhand sale (highly unlikely)
Old 10-24-09, 01:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

first of all, given the limited production of lfa, i wonder if you actually need a vin number in order to buy any lfa parts. and at the same time, i highly doubt there will be any "attractive" employee pricing on these stuff at all

looking at the size of the lfa brakes and the materails, i probably think the price would be 20k easy (if not more), and then you have to look at all the bracket issues on mounting, etc...
Old 10-24-09, 01:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by LEXUSF
i also read somewhere the rotors never need to be replaced under normal conditions!
that's characteristics of carbon brakes. the rotors are made of carbon, very durable, almost no brake fade over hard use, and very effective. that's why when they were first used on the mb slr (at least that's the first one i remember), it was getting very positive reviews and the stopping power was crazy
Old 10-24-09, 04:46 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

that's characteristics of carbon brakes. the rotors are made of carbon, very durable, almost no brake fade over hard use, and very effective. that's why when they were first used on the mb slr (at least that's the first one i remember), it was getting very positive reviews and the stopping power was crazy
YES .. they also tend to "glow" when used hard...

Freeze Frame of a glowing set of the CCM rotors on the LFA during track use.
(w/optional Black Finish Calipers)

Quick Reply: Wheel question and some LFA love