LFA Model (2012)

LFA Design only thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 12:35 AM
TobyJC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LFA Design only thread

Dont want to hear about specs or price, just your thoughts on the design and styling.

I've been staring at photos and watching vids all day. I cannot get over the "shoulder intakes". The angle and the shape of it looks so out of place it doesnt make sense to me. Okay it has a similar angle as the rear lights but it just doesnt flow with the rest of the car pertruding out like that.They removed it in some of the other iterations and even on the Lemans cars, but they brought it back for final production.

I think the rear/diffuser looks good. Side profile(minus the intake) look good.

The interior and dash are WOW. I love the symetry of the center console. The whole thing just looks like a fusion of technology/sport/luxury and modern styling.

The front... looks great from some angles, but looks like a goofy face in others. Almost has a cheap bodykit look. I really dont think I like that crease that runs down the side of the headlight and down to the bottom. It gives the front a boxy or square look which i think would have been better off rounder and muscular.

By no means am I a car designer and I know this has been an ongoing evoution ... but when I look at it I cant help but wonder if the design was so overly thought out and brilliant that most cant understand it. Or if there were just too many cooks in the kitchen and this is the end result.

Thoughts?
Old 10-21-09, 05:59 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I am thrilled that this car made it to the market.

Most of the design from the prototypes survived and I appreciate that.

I agree that something about the front bumper is off. Maybe is the the lack of flush alignment where it meets the headlghts toward the hood.

Coming from a white on red (with red carpet) S2000 I am getting a kick out of the colors that Lexus showed first with the LFA, white on red (with red carpet).

The views I would like next are; a front view with the band of LEDs on, then the hood open and a rear view with the trunk/hatch open.
Old 10-21-09, 06:05 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The second gen prototype was honestly a beautiful car. I just wonder what was the reason to change most of the styling from that to what the LFA is now.