LFA Model (2012)
View Poll Results: Your thoughts?
I am glad the LFA is here!
75.00%
Give me 375k worth of PCP
7.14%
I hate everything. You, LFA, the sun, I am a hater. I hate I voted. I hate this poll
13.10%
Not sure yet
4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

1SICKBLOG:LFA= How could I NOT write about the LFA this week ;the best is yet to come

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-09, 12:26 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
malujerry

I put my name in last week and had a somewhat different experience regarding the screening conversation.

they ask things like what you drive now,

I was asked only if I currently drive a Lexus

if you owned a super-car before, etc.

I did not get that question

i was told the price has NOT been set, but will be in the "neighborhood of $375,000 to $390,000."

I did not get any potential price range

and no, if you own an IS-F, you will not be given priority, but it will be taken into heavy consideration...

This sounds like a question you asked

Most of the screening was about the down payments, the timing of the decison on the 500 folks, what you had to do and when if chosen, making it clear that is was a lease with a buy option, you will work with Lexus Financial Services for the acquisition and your local dealer for the order specs so I had to choose a dealer, that the car would be registered in the US and the lease was not transferable.

In terms of use, they asked if the car would be stored unused, be part of a collection, raced or street driven.
the ISF question I did ask... but i did get prices and other info.
1. $375,000
2. $10,0000 to be on waiting list now
3. $50,0000 to order (will be told in February if you can order)
4. 2 year lease with intent to purchase
5. Through Lexus Financial only

they didn't ask me how the car is to be used... but then again i did not put down money to be on the waiting list.

Last edited by malujerry; 10-26-09 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-26-09, 12:37 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Oh, nothing for me to try again.. I don't make cars.. Lexus does.. In the case of the LFA, a $400k car. Who will be pushing that "try again button" when all is said & done with the 500 or so halo cars?
So you don't want the LFA to be like the M1 then

Originally Posted by speedflex
The LFA is the total embodiment of what Lexus can do once it determines a goal. In this case the goal is leaps and bounds beyond anything it has aimed for in the past. To build a pure performance vehicle (the whole Supercar, Exotic label is irrelevant hogwash, in my opinion, once a car gets to this price range. What makes the LFA special is its performance) that can measure up to world standards. In the past Lexus has built cars that are luxury with an obsessive attention to quality. The LFA is a machine that shows the world that Lexus can rock the boat of the performance world on the same terms that Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche live by. From all early accounts Lexus has made a car no one, probably even many Lexus faithful, ever thought they could build.

We'll have to see if the car is a true game changer but for the time being it has done one very important thing... in an instant, it has changed everyone's (yes even some of those smug European auto journalists to take serious note) perception of a company who's dedication to pure performance was always in question.

Now, is the LFA a breakout car for the world or is it still just a break-out car for Lexus? I don't know. I can say at this point that while it looks great it has neither the sex appeal of a Ferrari or the outragousness of a Lambourghini. The performance numbers so far seem less than top drawer. But what does excite me is that the car seems to have a rawness and aggression that is unprecedented for Lexus.

So I think the LFA is a milestone for Lexus. Just what it will really bring to the company's image, no one can yet say.
Great post. I don't think its changing any game as people, internetz and magazines seem to be in love with trying to beat the Bugatti numbers. The LFA seems to be about "feel" and being a drivers car. I agree with you about styling too, Ferrari seems to finally have gotten back to beautiful with the 458 and a Lambo is simply a Lambo.
Old 10-26-09, 12:39 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Hi malujerry

Thanks for the additional info.

Regarding point 2, they did not want any money from me for getting on the list. I was told if you get to yes, you have 14 days to pony up $10K.

Regarding point 3, at some point later you pony up the $50K though it was not clear if that was at the time of specifying (though that would make sense).

I am supposed to get monthly email updates.

I asked about going to the factory to watch the build and if there would be a chance to evaluate the car. The rep did not know about these things.
Old 10-26-09, 12:40 PM
LexFather

Hi malujerry

Regarding point 2, they did not want any money from me for getting on the list. I was told if you get to yes, you have 14 days to pony up $10K.

Regarding point 3, at some point later you pony up the $50K though it was not clear if that was at the time of specifying (though that would make sense).

I am supposed to get monthly email updates.

I asked about going to the factory to watch the build and if there would be a chance to evaluate the car. The rep did not know about these things.
Thanks for the information!
Old 10-26-09, 12:54 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

2 weeks? i wonder if that really proves who wants to be on the order list... i was told to be on the pre-order list and to be considered as a buyer to put down $10,000. then deposits will stop being collected in january. lexus will then take a month to decided which people will get the car (btw, the representative said "500" is not the confirmed number of units to be built either, but close). in febrauary, they will announce who has been picked, which at that point another $50,000 will be needed. hope that helps whoever is going to buy this!
Old 10-26-09, 01:12 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I think you should get rid of hating the sun choice... you dont have a choice about if your not sure yet but you have two choices that say it sucks...
Old 10-26-09, 01:13 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So you don't want the LFA to be like the M1 then

You forgot the butt hurt BMW fans.
Old 10-26-09, 01:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lamar411
Mike, I think you should get rid of hating the sun choice... you dont have a choice about if your not sure yet but you have two choices that say it sucks...
Edited per your suggestion
Old 10-26-09, 01:22 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FKL
The LFA is amazing in the same way that the Veyron is. What that means is that the car is the answer to a question that nobody asked, that's out of reach to most every one of us.
Huh ? Technically, the Veyron *IS* an answer to questions people have asked. It might not be questions you deem relevant, or questions that most people care about, but they are questions that people have asked.

The Veyron answers idealist questions such as: can a production car achieve a top speed of 400 km/h, can a production car achieve 1000 HP stock output, and will Bugatti ever be relevant again?

The Veyron single-handedly revived the historic Bugatti brand and has now made the brand very relevant on a worldwide scale in today's modern era.

The LFA is an answer to A LOT of questions and criticisms that many people have asked about Toyota/Lexus over the years.

Questions/criticisms such as:

- What is the point of Toyota's F1 involvement?
- Toyota will never be able to compete with supercar makers
- Toyota lacks innovation, they simply copy other's ideas and perfect them
- Toyota lacks passion
- Toyota doesn't know about performance
- and on and on

The point is, the LFA answers ALL of these questions and criticisms about Toyota.
Old 10-26-09, 01:50 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
$250K a year ? I don't think so
I think the average $100k car owner should make more than that, especially for a "useless" toy ...
You are right, I should have said after taxes. Yeah actually it would probably be more accurate in the million-dollar range.
Old 10-26-09, 02:49 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It looks a little weird to me. Maybe I need to get used to it. It does not look like a $370K car sorry LFA lovers.
Old 10-26-09, 03:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Cars like the LF-A and up-coming FT-86 just go to show us that Toyota has not lost it's passion. The above started are at opposite ends of the spectrum, so it would probably be safe to say that there will be even more fun to drive/performance models in the Toyota pipeline to fill the gap whether they use new names or old moniker's like "Supra, Celica, MR2 etc.... The auto industry is definitely on the rise again. I say bring on those comparo's!!!
Old 10-26-09, 06:09 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Love the haters

But love the LFA even more, it makes a lot of haters very sore
Old 10-26-09, 06:37 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

What? 375K? I bet they will sell 5.
Old 10-26-09, 06:39 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the LFA, the looks, the sound.

Lexus challenged luxury car brands in 1990s and now are challenging super cars brands in 2010.

Sure this car is expensive, but so what, it's limited edition and it's amazing. the reventon costs $1.5 million.

You can buy a F1 car for 5 million, or you can buy a LFA for less than 1/10th the price. you get the F1 exhaust note.

Quick Reply: 1SICKBLOG:LFA= How could I NOT write about the LFA this week ;the best is yet to come