LFA Model (2012)
View Poll Results: Your thoughts?
I am glad the LFA is here!
75.00%
Give me 375k worth of PCP
7.14%
I hate everything. You, LFA, the sun, I am a hater. I hate I voted. I hate this poll
13.10%
Not sure yet
4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

1SICKBLOG:LFA= How could I NOT write about the LFA this week ;the best is yet to come

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-09, 02:48 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyanQ
I am not good with words and of course don't have enough money to buy a LFA, that included sit in and drive it. I feel I have no right to make any judgement or claim about it. I bet anyone can find a right arguments to make a claim about a car (or his/her car) that it is better than the other car(LFA) that he/she can only see from a far, dream of it, or touch it by hand. Once one own it, then he/she has a right to make a claim about it and to make a comparison between it and another car. I only know that:
compared to other cars at the same price-range (200k-500k), LFA is not sound like a bad deal.
compared to other cars at lower price range <80k: it's like making a comparison between a 1k$-custom-design piece of clothes with a 200$-mass-produced brand-name one
that was like a great pizza with bad delivery... still great pizza.
Old 11-01-09, 06:03 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by STIG
I was really into 0 to 60 when I was in high school. I really thought 0 to 60 was everything about the car. Some people never really grew out of it. Luckily, I learned a thing or 2 about driving pleasures, and kinda grew out of "HEY MY HONDA WITH NOS DOES 0 to 60 IN ONE SECOND YO!!"phase. I guess 335i is like a new honda civic these days? I see these posts about 335 with juice boxes running 0 to 60 in a few nano seconds.

And also, Casio atomic watches can keep more accurate time than Rolex. I am too poor to have any expensive amazing watches, but if you have one, you probably should throw away and replace with one of those Casio watches.

I admire BMW, but I am a huge Toyota fan deep down. I grew up with Toyotas and they have been integral part of my life. I have been kinda sad for Toyota because they had no exciting cars. You can argue that they had IS-F and I know it was an amazing car but I really didn't do much for me.
But this car changed it all. Granted that I probably will not be fortunate enough to own one of these amazing machine in any near future, I am really really REALLY excited for Toyota. I can see what this car can do for the future Toyota's line up. May be Toyota engineers will learn a few things and will apply it to next generation IS-F, which I can def benefit from.

Finally, I love it when a car company create a astonishing machine which makes a lot of fanbois jealous. All these e thuggers come out and say a lot of things about this amazing piece of art which they can never be able to afford while living in their moms' apartments.

Job well done Toyota. Bravo!
I really enjoy your posts and views and your M3 punk .

Originally Posted by RyanQ
I am not good with words and of course don't have enough money to buy a LFA, that included sit in and drive it. I feel I have no right to make any judgement or claim about it. I bet anyone can find a right arguments to make a claim about a car (or his/her car) that it is better than the other car(LFA) that he/she can only see from a far, dream of it, or touch it by hand. Once one own it, then he/she has a right to make a claim about it and to make a comparison between it and another car. I only know that:
compared to other cars at the same price-range (200k-500k), LFA is not sound like a bad deal.
compared to other cars at lower price range <80k: it's like making a comparison between a 1k$-custom-design piece of clothes with a 200$-mass-produced brand-name one
Beautiful post and thanks for it. A shame so many are looking for ways to beat up this vehicle. Again, it has the wrong badge. Sounds like 1989 all over again.

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
RyanQ

I believe you have things completely correct.

Most folks are not in the income range for this thing.

Most folks also do not routinely make choices between luxury goods like your perfect clothing example.

The LFA buyer has the resources and makes choices about which aspects of the product/service that are of value to them.

The exclusivity of the LFA, the resources behind creating it both the the development and production ends, the personalization of the car that will be delivered and then the expectation of and easy to live with Lexus dealership network all work together to drive the consumer's choice.

1SICKLEX

I would also speak to the S2000 point. I had one of these from 99 to 05 (when I went with the IS350). As my income has zipped upward, I have been looking for something that provided the chainsaw motor, driving thrill and ease of ownership that didn't give me a headache after driving an hour.

I expected that either the next get NSX would do that (wrong again) or the LFA would do be such a car.

My S2000 was white on red with a red carpet and the first LFA promoted was dead on to that.

The dash of the LFA starts with a central speed number and is rimmed by the tach. This is easy to see as an evolution from the S2000 design.

Look at the LFA motor and consider the redline being the same as the original S2000 with the V10 adding torque and of course a huge power increase over the Honda 4.

As for the driving experience, the LFA is a light as possible for what it is, tossable machine like the S2000. Toyota has gotten rid of the pain in the *** while stuck in traffic clutch pedal and added the luxo experience not found in the S2000.

Yes we give up the splendid vert aspect and the pricing is over 10X the easy to live with cost of an S2000 but for me, the LFA is a car that does come in part from Honda's best efforts.
Nice post, don't agree with all of it but I can feel you (and I love the S2000)

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I can't wait for the dust to settle & seeing this car pegged against the competition.. I guess this car is ground breaking for a Japanese automaker, I'll give it that.. I mean, nothing else is ground breaking about it.. Carbon fiber body? See Mercedes SL65 AMG..Hell Mercedes can crown a number of cars in its line up as a "halo".. SLR, CLK black SLS etc. but their is no need as the product speaks for itself..

I'll let you guys continue as I would not want anyone to foam at the mouth & slit their wrists over my sentiments..
Yes, b/c the carbon fiber that is weaved is one of only two machines in the entire world, is only special for Japanese cars. The SLS is groundbraking how? The SL65 is how? Please do tell?

Funny, I appreciate them all, I don't look for their flaws and way to downplay the car. I think they are all incredible.

Sadly the LFA has the wrong badge for people acting like enthusiasts.

Originally Posted by malujerry
that was like a great pizza with bad delivery... still great pizza.
LOL, great analogy!!
Old 11-02-09, 11:10 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I can't wait for the dust to settle & seeing this car pegged against the competition.. I guess this car is ground breaking for a Japanese automaker, I'll give it that.. I mean, nothing else is ground breaking about it.. Carbon fiber body? See Mercedes SL65 AMG..Hell Mercedes can crown a number of cars in its line up as a "halo".. SLR, CLK black SLS etc. but their is no need as the product speaks for itself..

I'll let you guys continue as I would not want anyone to foam at the mouth & slit their wrists over my sentiments..
How is the SL65 AMG "groundbreaking"? Please explain. Also I'd love to hear what was so special about the SLR, considering it's MSRP was MORE than what the LFA's MSRP is going to be.

Fact is, you don't have much of an argument here at all.
Old 01-18-10, 12:06 PM
LexFather

Well I wanted to bump this as the LFA has been reviewed in most mags now and now people are writing letters. Of course the majority of letters printed are the same. Surely they are some positive ones but the mags didn't chose to print.
1. It looks ugly
2. The price is high
3. The GT-R, the GT-R, the GT-R....

Now a great point I've read about from a couple people and sources is this is the PERFECT supercar for today. Compared to the usual brands/suspects in this field the LFA is relatively low key being a Lexus. I never thought of it that way.

Never have I seen a Lexus getting so much press before and the LFA has been on the cover of most mags. Even mags like Super Street and Popular Mechanics!