LFA Model (2012)

Would you buy a LFA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-09, 08:39 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
First, I hope that I would never want to spend that kind of money on any car. I don't believe any car is worth that kind of money. Yes, I drool over Ferrari and Lambo's just like any other car enthusuast but I don't believe any car is worth it. It's still a motor, seats and tires with a bunch of steel. Just like a 10K Toyota. Yes, I'm being ridiculous but you all get the point. I'd rather take that 400K and buy severla cars....Lexus, Benz, Jag and maybe something like the Audi R8 but nothing in the realm of 400K for a single car.

I understand the point of the thread though and yes, I believe the LFA can compete with other exotics and should be priced as such. In reading about it's development and construction, power with refinement, it may be better than those other exotics. A monster performance car that's civil enough for daily driving. True daily driving. That's my kind of car. Hot looks, big performance that's meant to be driven in comfort and excitement on demand. Not some expensive exotic that sits in a garage because you're afraid to break something or reduce it's value.

The front end needs more beaufication but that will come over time but so far, it's a bad mother!
i feel the same way.
not that i'll ever make the income to support such spending, but $400k on a car, any car, is just too much.
Old 11-24-09, 08:45 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Oh, I think they can run and they have the technology in the LFA to prove that. Only a few cars that have been released with this much new tech ect in their day and age that made this much of a stir in the industry.
yeah, it's kinda like the jump from a $30k nissan to a $90k GT-R.
GT-R is also loaded with tech and had all the hype surrounding it.
Old 11-24-09, 09:15 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Jewcano
^Sorry FisforFast, but folks who always brag about how well they are doing in life or how wealthy they are online, usually send a big flag to me. Not to say you aren't, but maybe tone your self gratification down a little.

On Topic: Honestly, if I had the funding, I wouldn't get it. Ride it once or twice, sure, but it doesn't seem financially practical or reasonable at all to me.
I'm sorry you feel that way but to be completely, and utterly, honest with you: I don't care. It's not like I have anything to prove to anyone here. And in any case, professing a false wealth would be a petty way of proving yourself, especially on the Internet, where it matters very little. I've presented ample pictures of both my cars, in case you didn't know.

Whether you believe me or not matters very little. I'm quite secure about who I am, what I have, and what I have accomplished in life. But I completely understand from where you're coming from. We can discuss it over PM, if you so wish to do so. The public forum isn't a place to be calling out people.
Old 11-24-09, 10:26 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Been trying to get that point across for pages... Not only them (and I think you mean Pagani), but also;
Ascari
Mosler
Veritas (the current one has no real connection to the original)
Gumpert
.... and the list goes on.
You and me both...
Originally Posted by FisforFast
I'll be contacting several dealerships tomorrow. We'll see what they have to say.
To what end? You were saying just a few pages ago that it is not worth the money they are asking?

I am finding all this a little perplexing and confusing, which one will be your daily driver b/c you don't want to end up like those Saudi princes and American and European tycoons with two super cars? One will end up being a garage queen which you were just B1tch'in about.
Old 11-25-09, 01:23 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

maybe the LF-A will have net 550 hp like GTR's "net" 480 hp. Then I would believe it will do better than just a 550 hp car. Maybe 580 hp at the crank?
Old 11-25-09, 07:18 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
You and me both...

To what end? You were saying just a few pages ago that it is not worth the money they are asking?

I am finding all this a little perplexing and confusing, which one will be your daily driver b/c you don't want to end up like those Saudi princes and American and European tycoons with two super cars? One will end up being a garage queen which you were just B1tch'in about.
I'm just curious. I already have a lot of money down on a CCX... it would be way out of my means to purchase an LFA, also.
Old 11-25-09, 08:54 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Guys, here it is.

Well if this is your preferred method, I’ll be more then happy to inform you the best I can on the process. If there’s any ambiguity please feel free to contact me.

1- Lexus asks that all interested party on the purchase of an LFA submit an application form that has to be filled at the dealer. A 25 000$ deposit is required to submit the application and the end of acceptance of submissions is on December 31 2009.
2- Once Lexus receives all the application they will go through the selection process.
3- If you are chosen to get one of the 10 confirmed LFA, an additional 50 000$ will be asked to begin the order process. You will be asked to choose the colour of the car, the interior, the colour of the stitching etc. the car will be custom made to your liking.
4- Then the building process begins Lexus has until 2013 to deliver the car to you as the building process is scheduled to start once all the orders are in.
5- The purchase terms are a 2 year lease. Unfortunately the interest rates and residual value is not available at this time. The reason behind this is that Lexus doesn’t want owners to start speculating on the car as this is a unique production no other LFA will be built ever again.

This pretty much resumes the different steps involved in the purchase of an LFA

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me

Gerry Cicciu
Sales Manager
Lexus Laval
450-686-2710 ext 3207
I have sent an e-mail to multiple dealerships, we will see if they have a different story.
Old 11-25-09, 10:42 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

If you are not selected, do you get your $25000 back?
Old 11-25-09, 10:55 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Are they making 1:18 scale models of this car yet? I may seriously add this to my collection.
Old 11-25-09, 10:57 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Are they making 1:18 scale models of this car yet? I may seriously add this to my collection.
A 1:18 scale of the LFA will cost you 18 times less, which is still $22000
Old 11-25-09, 12:12 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Hello Mr. Leduc,

Thank you for your interest in our Lexus Products.

Allow me to explain to you the purchasing process for the LFA:

• There will be 10 units sold in Canada total (5 for the Spring of 2011 and another 5 for the 2012) so only a small percentage of applicants will actually get an LFA
• Any potential buyer will need to submit an application form filled out by the Dealership which will ask certain questions such as what you own, who you are and what you do etc…
• This form will be sent to Lexus Canada along with a 25000.00$ deposit from the applicant
• The Lexus Canada LFA committee will then convene to determine who among all of the candidates will be chosen, so there is not a waiting list because only 10 people will be accepted
• If you are one of the very fortunate people to be selected you must immediately provide another 25000.00$ deposit for a total of 50000.00$
• At that point we can choose from a very long list of colors, options etc… and wait for your LFA to arrive
• The LFA cannot be purchased out right, it must be leased for 24 months with a total cash down of 125000.00$
• After the 24 months are completed you may own the LFA by paying the Residual value based on the OVERALL selling price of approximately 400,000.00$

The reason that there is such a process with vehicles of this nature is that due to their low production and high construction cost Lexus wants to make sure that these vehicles stay in Canada and are not sent to other countries, this is why they lease them.

Also, the production cost of each LFA is well over 1 million dollars. Lexus is not producing this vehicle to make a profit but rather to show that they can build the best performance car on the Planet. This will be a 1 time opportunity with 498 vehicles total being produced over a 12 month period. The LFA will never be produced again after this time period.

You can find all the information and specifications for the LFA on Lexus.ca or Lexus.com as that is where we also get our information.

Regards
Paolo Bargelletti
Sales Manager, Spinelli Lexus
Still no word whether or not the $25,000 deposit is refundable.
Old 11-26-09, 10:38 PM
LexFather

dealers already returned deposits to those people that put them down on the LFA before it was released. Surely deposits would b returned as no LFA will be built without a
buyer.
Old 11-26-09, 10:44 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
dealers already returned deposits to those people that put them down on the LFA before it was released. Surely deposits would b returned as no LFA will be built without a
buyer.
Yes, it is refundable should you not be chosen.