the reventon is three times the money.
is-f+ me=wife and kids nice life!

Lfa+me = wife divorce me and take the kids then i live in car! Lol

i choose wife and kids!
Old 11-18-09, 04:48 PM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not even a question of would, but could. 500 cars spread over the entire world, I'd be lucky to even see one in real life, let alone be offered the chance to own one. Lexus is only going to sell these to the world's elite which probably does not include anyone not a price, billionaire (not millionaire), CEO, or movie star.
Old 11-18-09, 04:50 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
After seeing it at SEMA.....absofukinlutely !!!

Now, anyone have $399,999 I can borrow????
the way to do is it this!
donate to my paypal 1 dollar

flores_trdusa@hotmail.com

and after $426,103.26 i will do the same for u!

ALL WE NEED IS 426103 DONORS!!!!!!!! WE CAN ALL OWN ONE!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-09, 04:51 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 58 Posts

I dunno.... for $400k I would expect the engine to be in the back. So no, I would not buy an LF-A if I had the means. I'd go Italian.
Old 11-18-09, 04:54 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FisforFast
No, I was just pointing out that the statistics put forth by Forbes only takes into account money made and spent in the U.S. His networth is several million dollars in the world, yes, but every years his revenu here in Canada is $250k. His networth is probably no more than 2-2.5 million here in Canada.
Forgive my ignorance, but where did anyone say that all figures are for US only? maybe for cars sold in the US maybe, but not for the money earned. A lot of top money earners in the US have assets and money being moved outside of the US but forbes still includes that into their reports. And if what you say is true then Forbes is indeed not putting out accurate information are they? I mean anyone could live in the US be flipping burgers b/c they like it ,only to have billions invested in other countries. So going by they logic ,Forbes will only list that person net worth at a few thousand dollars.

I need this explained to me, b/c I seem to be missing something here.
Old 11-18-09, 05:04 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Forgive my ignorance, but where did anyone say that all figures are for US only? maybe for cars sold in the US maybe, but not for the money earned. A lot of top money earners in the US have assets and money being moved outside of the US but forbes still includes that into their reports. And if what you say is true then Forbes is indeed not putting out accurate information are they? I mean anyone could live in the US be flipping burgers b/c they like it ,only to have billions invested in other countries. So going by they logic ,Forbes will only list that person net worth at a few thousand dollars.

I need this explained to me, b/c I seem to be missing something here.
Because the figures are in dollars. And Forbes is a businessman's news site... and these people don't care about the guy who flips burgers by day, hustles by night.

I can make $900,000 in a PDVSA transaction and have the money wired to an account in Dubai, where it will remain tax-free income. That $900,000 will not show up in my tax report, or in any statistics the government or even Forbes is collecting.

Last edited by FisforFast; 11-18-09 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-18-09, 05:10 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexi D
If you had 400K to spend on a car would the new LFA be on your list? Or would you go with cars from Ferrari and Lamborghini. Or some of the other high end makes from BMW, Benz, or Porsh?
First, I hope that I would never want to spend that kind of money on any car. I don't believe any car is worth that kind of money. Yes, I drool over Ferrari and Lambo's just like any other car enthusuast but I don't believe any car is worth it. It's still a motor, seats and tires with a bunch of steel. Just like a 10K Toyota. Yes, I'm being ridiculous but you all get the point. I'd rather take that 400K and buy severla cars....Lexus, Benz, Jag and maybe something like the Audi R8 but nothing in the realm of 400K for a single car.

I understand the point of the thread though and yes, I believe the LFA can compete with other exotics and should be priced as such. In reading about it's development and construction, power with refinement, it may be better than those other exotics. A monster performance car that's civil enough for daily driving. True daily driving. That's my kind of car. Hot looks, big performance that's meant to be driven in comfort and excitement on demand. Not some expensive exotic that sits in a garage because you're afraid to break something or reduce it's value.

The front end needs more beaufication but that will come over time but so far, it's a bad mother!
Old 11-18-09, 05:12 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

I would, but being that Im in school for Psychology I don't really fantasize about owning such vehicles. I stay in the realm of Subaru (for now) and perhaps Audi when I am an all growed up doctor.
Old 11-18-09, 05:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I love the LFA and I love the fact that its from a Japanese manufacturer but 400K for a vehicle made by a company who has never made anything like this???? Hell no. They should have produced the vehicle with less carbon fiber and more aluminum and set the price at no more than 150 k. The LFA wouldnt turn as many heads as a Lamborghini or Ferrari either.

I think its hilarious that the LFA is lighter than the GTR but the GTR is still faster to 60. That AWD system is really needed when you go over 450-500hp. The LFA beat the GTRs Nurburgring time but considering that the GTR has almost 100 less hp and weighs 650 lbs more I think the GTR is still the more amazing car. In the case of the GTR it almost defies the law of physics
Old 11-18-09, 05:52 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll take this prancing horse after selling my house. The Ferrari cache & pedigree is worth every penny.

Old 11-18-09, 06:03 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

599XX? Fuggetaboutit.
Old 11-18-09, 06:06 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it would depend on some expert analysis on how the LFA's value would hold up over time...if it has a good chance of keeping or appreciating in value...

...but then again as the target audience for the LS 600h L: "They don't have income, they have wealth"...
Old 11-18-09, 06:09 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Nope I wouldn't. I can't even afford base model ferrari anyway so doesn't matter.
Old 11-18-09, 06:21 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If money wasn't an issue....like it typically isn't for those that can afford these high priced cars....in a heartbeat.
Old 11-18-09, 06:26 PM
xioix
Racer

If I had the money the people who Lexus is targeting with this car, sure I would

Quick Reply: Would you buy a LFA?