LFA Model (2012)

Would you buy a LFA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-09 | 06:28 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

TBH I think that this car would turn more heads than any Ferrari or Lambo on the street. Partly due to its interesting design. Then again, I may be biased since my neighbor owns both cars and I'm bored with their designs....

I'd buy one for the looks and technology if I had the money. After seeing it in person and hearing it on the track, I want one even more...
Old 11-18-09 | 06:48 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by encore888
...but then again as the target audience for the LS 600h L: "They don't have income, they have wealth"...
Which is probably why they've talked about a hybrid LF-A since the beginning. Make a profit off of that tech.
Old 11-18-09 | 07:19 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Because the figures are in dollars. And Forbes is a businessman's news site... and these people don't care about the guy who flips burgers by day, hustles by night.

I can make $900,000 in a PDVSA transaction and have the money wired to an account in Dubai, where it will remain tax-free income. That $900,000 will not show up in my tax report, or in any statistics the government or even Forbes is collecting.
You really have lost me on that logic... So if if a billionare was to live in dubai and move all his/her money there, Forbes would not list them their lists?

And what does it mean if the figure is in dollars, Germany's richest man is listed with wealth calculated in dollars. I am pretty sure most of his money is not in US currency?
Old 11-18-09 | 07:24 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
You really have lost me on that logic... So if if a billionare was to live in dubai and move all his/her money there, Forbes would not list them their lists?

And what does it mean if the figure is in dollars, Germany's richest man is listed with wealth calculated in dollars. I am pretty sure most of his money is not in US currency?
If you want to continue this discussion you can contact me on AIM. I'll PM you.
Old 11-18-09 | 07:36 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

if i had the money, yes it'd be on my list no doubt
Old 11-18-09 | 08:14 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Coconut
I dunno.... for $400k I would expect the engine to be in the back. So no, I would not buy an LF-A if I had the means. I'd go Italian.
And yet the 599 GTB Fiorano and 612 Scaglietti are Italian front-engined cars that cost nearly as much as the LFA but are slower and less exclusive.
Old 11-18-09 | 08:16 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Mister Two
And yet the 599 GTB Fiorano and 612 Scaglietti are Italian front-engined cars that cost nearly as much as the LFA but are slower and less exclusive.
Both of the cars you are mentioned are also considered grand tourers and are exclusive enough outside of LA.
Old 11-18-09 | 08:49 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Like I said, I would probably buy the LFA but only if I had lots of disposable income. It doesn't make my shortlist, even if it were widely available. Probably just because I can't bring myself to support a brand that has very little sporting legacy, making a $375,000 USD car, that is very limited in terms of availability (to top it all off). I'd rather buy an F430 Scuderia.
......But you are buying a Koenigsegg.....

Old 11-18-09 | 09:18 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

people who have "limited" income but can "afford" the LFA would consider the Ferrari or Lambo first because of the established brand.

[B]LFA is for those who already have those Ferrari and Lambo in their garage[/]
Old 11-18-09 | 11:23 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by newr
people who have "limited" income but can "afford" the LFA would consider the Ferrari or Lambo first because of the established brand.

[B]LFA is for those who already have those Ferrari and Lambo in their garage[/]
I have never owned a ferrari or lambo, those cars just don't appeal to me the way an LFA does. But don't get me wrong, I love ferrari and lambo a lot and if the LFA was not to come out cars from those companies would be be very appealing.

BTW , I have a limited income ... limited by my wife...
Old 11-18-09 | 11:41 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

if i had the cash, id still choose the LF-A over an r8 or a lambo or a ferrari. ive always felt that lexus was on the cusp on a sport vehicle. id rather have something fresh than something proven for years. though the legacy might not be there, its fresh and exciting IMO.
Old 11-19-09 | 12:04 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

To be frank with all I would take the LFA over a Lambo or Ferrari.
As a matter of fact I'm planning to purchase one someday

Toyota Supercar = Cheap Maintenance lmao!
Old 11-19-09 | 04:58 AM
LexFather

The funny thing is its easy to say "would you buy" one of these cars but the REALITY is they ALLOW you to buy them. Not everyone with money can just buy these cars. Its a selection process and if you are LUCKY enough to be chosen (for whatever reasons), then you get to PURCHASE.

For instance if you are "new" to buying Ferraris, they will make you buy used ones to "prove" yourself until its time to buy a new one. From what I've heard about the Lexus process, its similar in they will talk to prospective owners to see how the vehicle will be used. They don't want garage queens. They want to car used and visible. Lexus is hand selecting buyers as this is a SUBSTANTIAL investment for the company. Dave and some others have given us some additional insight (thanks) to this process.

There are only a few vehicles sold in 500 units, the LFA is truly a rare vehicle. The 599 and Murchialagos' are/have been sold in the thousands of units. Its almost apples to oranges and Lexus knows this.

In "other world" yes I would buy a LFA in a heartbeat as my passion is for Lexus before most other brands. Its a dream car for the Lexus enthusiast. Clearly ALL are fully aware it wont have the cache or prestige of the status quo, Ferrari, Lambo, Aston etc. No crap. I've read completely dismissing remarks on exotic forums just for it being a "Lexus" or "Toyota". There are many though that see it for what its worth.

The funny thing is in observations there are those (most everyone) *****ing about the price over and over and over who are simply not even close to being a buyer. Then there are those that simply post "yeah I'm on the list and hopefully it happens" and that is pretty much it.
Old 11-19-09 | 05:35 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by carLx
The median liquid net worth of people buying $200k+ cars is $25 million (source: forbes.com).
Does that mean the median liquid net worth of people buying $20k+ cars is $2.5 million. I think its time for me to down grade my car
Old 11-19-09 | 05:43 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

if I could own only one supercar, I would

Quick Reply: Would you buy a LFA?