LFA Model (2012)

Would you buy a LFA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-09, 08:05 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by The G Man
All spec and numbers on paper aside, It will be interesting to see the 1st comparo with a LFA vs a comparable $400000 car. If the LFA stacks up, then Lexus will claim victory, but if the LFA fails, all will say Lexus has bite off more than they can chew.
I have a feeling that Lexus will try to protect the LFA from a magazine comparo as long as they can, they are trying to keep the mystery aspect of the LFA alive. Also, there is too much on the line, if they fail in teh comparo, it would mean a Billion dollar project down the drain.
It doesn't matter how it does, its EVIDENT we have a bunch of people who are not reading on the car. Its being picked apart, bashed, downplayed based on price and badge.

It doesn't matter, when the reviews come, the same people will just pick apart the car some more, do magic math with the figures and tell us just buy a Honda Fit and save the money.

Lexus won't claim anything, they are extremely pleased and happy the car is HERE. Its a dream come true.
Old 11-24-09, 08:07 AM
LexFather

As for heritage, Toyota has tons of sucess and racing heritage. Lexus won the Rolex series a few times. The IS/SC just won their classes in GT racing in Japan. While not that successful, they clearly took their knowledge in F1 and put it in this car.

Also don't forget the 2000GT..the first desirable Japanese sports/super car..

Old 11-24-09, 08:32 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
the real racing history that counts is F1
or it used to matter...

now that F1 is becoming diluted... and toyota has left F1...

..........Seriously? lol lol roflmfao....

Lambo was in F1 for half the time Toyota was, 20 yrs ago, and failed harder than they did.

In fact, apart from Ferrari, Porsche is the ONLY supercar manufacturer today that has been involved in Formula 1, much-less successful.

So....... I guess everyone else is... irrelevant?
Old 11-24-09, 08:35 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Toyota didnt have any luxury heritage when they debutted Lexus in 1991, that turned out bad didnt it. Oh wait.
Old 11-24-09, 09:01 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Toyota didnt have any luxury heritage when they debutted Lexus in 1991, that turned out bad didnt it. Oh wait.
It was an awful idea!!!!
Old 11-24-09, 09:14 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It was an awful idea!!!!
For sure, BMW, Mercedes, Jag and Audi wish it never happened.
Old 11-24-09, 10:27 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by MR_F1
So one doesn't get to count Toyota's racing history?
Their history is overshadowed and diluted by the fact that they are promptly exiting the F1 racing scene. They've never done particularly well, either, but as someone pointed out earlier neither did Lamborghini. I'll have to concede this point.

I guess I'm just pissed off at the fact that no matter how hard I try, I'll never be able to get this car, even though I have the money for it. Yet Saudi princes and American and European tycoons will, despite the fact that they probably will not even drive them. I can already tell you that we will never see a magazine comparo... I'll be extremely surprised if Lexus, or even a third-party, lends one to the press. I'm looking forward to a Top Gear review and Hot Lap, though.
Old 11-24-09, 10:37 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FisforFast
I guess I'm just pissed off at the fact that no matter how hard I try, I'll never be able to get this car, even though I have the money for it.
Did you try? The selection process is so vague that who knows, I'm sure Canada will get at least a couple, who says it can't be you?
Old 11-24-09, 10:52 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Their history is overshadowed and diluted by the fact that they are promptly exiting the F1 racing scene. They've never done particularly well, either, but as someone pointed out earlier neither did Lamborghini. I'll have to concede this point.
And neither did Koenigsegg or Pagani, and yet somehow no one questioned their credentials to charge more than half a million dollars for their supercars.
I guess I'm just pissed off at the fact that no matter how hard I try, I'll never be able to get this car, even though I have the money for it. Yet Saudi princes and American and European tycoons will, despite the fact that they probably will not even drive them. I can already tell you that we will never see a magazine comparo... I'll be extremely surprised if Lexus, or even a third-party, lends one to the press. I'm looking forward to a Top Gear review and Hot Lap, though.
I remember reading that Lexus will hand pick buyers who have not only the wealth and social status but also a track record of actually driving their supercars out on the streets or tracks on a regular basis. I'll provide the link later once I find the PR or report that states so.

Last edited by Mister Two; 11-24-09 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-24-09, 11:02 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Two
I remember reading that Lexus will hand pick buyers who have not only the wealth and social status but also a track record of actually driving their supercars out on the streets or tracks on a regular basis. I'll provide the link later once I find the PR or report that states so.
I wonder if Jay Leno is on the list?
Old 11-24-09, 11:07 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mister Two
And neither did Koenigsegg or Zonda, and yet somehow no one questioned their credentials to charge more than half a million dollars for their supercars.I remember reading that Lexus will hand pick buyers who have not only the wealth and social status but also a track record of actually driving their supercars out on the streets or tracks on a regular basis. I'll provide the link later once I find the PR or report that states so.
Been trying to get that point across for pages... Not only them (and I think you mean Pagani), but also;
Ascari
Mosler
Veritas (the current one has no real connection to the original)
Gumpert
.... and the list goes on.

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Did you try? The selection process is so vague that who knows, I'm sure Canada will get at least a couple, who says it can't be you?
Good question!

Ferrari & McLaren are the only supercar manufacturers in F1 right NOW. Not to mention McLaren has only one car to it's credit (granted... what an AMAZING car it is).

I think most of us realize by now that u are being bitter just because you are disappointed that this car will be difficult to obtain. Get over. How about you make a call and try, rather than just sitting back and saying "it will be impossible to get". No, it's not impossible... maybe improbable, but improbable is still a chance, where as you have 0 if you just sit in front of your computer and complain.
Old 11-24-09, 07:02 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

I'll be contacting several dealerships tomorrow. We'll see what they have to say.
Old 11-24-09, 07:07 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

I'll be contacting several dealerships tomorrow. We'll see what they have to say.
Good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.
Old 11-24-09, 07:24 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

^Sorry FisforFast, but folks who always brag about how well they are doing in life or how wealthy they are online, usually send a big flag to me. Not to say you aren't, but maybe tone your self gratification down a little.

On Topic: Honestly, if I had the funding, I wouldn't get it. Ride it once or twice, sure, but it doesn't seem financially practical or reasonable at all to me.
Old 11-24-09, 07:34 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

My dad said he would buy the LF-A. Then I told him how much it costs.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a LFA?