LFA Model (2012)

Would you buy a LFA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-09, 02:30 PM
Lexi D
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you buy a LFA?

If you had 400K to spend on a car would the new LFA be on your list? Or would you go with cars from Ferrari and Lamborghini. Or some of the other high end makes from BMW, Benz, or Porsh?
Old 11-18-09, 02:40 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

This is an extremely difficult question to answer, given that most people, even those who have the necessary funds, would never be able to purchase one new (like myself). Let's imagine for a moment that everyone has equal access to this vehicle and that if you want one, they can order it for you: my answer would be yes... but I would have to have a lot of disposable income.

Yes, the LFA is a lot of car for the money, given that features found in the CCX that I ordered are present in the LFA but at a lower price. Granted, we can't really say anything about it for now, but in my opinion the LFA will lack the gut-wrench, visceral experience most people want from high-performance supercars. One of the reasons I ordered the CCX is because one wrong move and you're in the ditch. The LFA will have far too many nannies to my liking... but one thing is almost 100% sure, the LFA will be miles ahead of the Koenigsegg in terms of reliability.

For about half the price you can get a new R8 V10 around here, which has the same, on-paper, performance numbers. We'll have to wait and see, though, how the LFA performs in everyday, real-life situations.

Like I said, I would probably buy the LFA but only if I had lots of disposable income. It doesn't make my shortlist, even if it were widely available. Probably just because I can't bring myself to support a brand that has very little sporting legacy, making a $375,000 USD car, that is very limited in terms of availability (to top it all off). I'd rather buy an F430 Scuderia.
Old 11-18-09, 02:44 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rather get a Lambo Reventon!! FTW, ^ its true, to much money for not so much. No doubt its super nice but for that price you can get so much more...
Old 11-18-09, 02:46 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The median liquid net worth of people buying $200k+ cars is $25 million (source: forbes.com).

It's not feasible for me to reach quite that level so unfortunately I would never be able to afford a $400k car.

If I had $30 million + in the market and an income of roughly $2 million / year, I'd buy the higher end ferraris, lamborghinis, audi r8 before I purchased the LF-A.
Old 11-18-09, 02:54 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by carLx
The median liquid net worth of people buying $200k+ cars is $25 million (source: forbes.com).

It's not feasible for me to reach quite that level so unfortunately I would never be able to afford a $400k car.

If I had $30 million + in the market and an income of roughly $2 million / year, I'd buy the higher end ferraris, lamborghinis, audi r8 before I purchased the LF-A.
Well, one thing must be mentioned, and that what you're talking about is recorded income.

A lot of people make money through transactions that are recorded abroad where taxes are low. As an example, I have a friend who is in the petroleum transactions business. Last month, he closed a deal with the PDVSA, but the transaction was technically not done here in Canada as his company's headquarters are in Dubai, in the 'free zones,' where there is no income tax for businesses and persons. These earnings are not recorded here in Canada. I believe his recorded annual income is nothing more than $250,000, but he makes several million dollars a year over in Dubai where the income is not taxable and not recorded.
Old 11-18-09, 03:06 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Well, one thing must be mentioned, and that what you're talking about is recorded income.

A lot of people make money through transactions that are recorded abroad where taxes are low. As an example, I have a friend who is in the petroleum transactions business. Last month, he closed a deal with the PDVSA, but the transaction was technically not done here in Canada as his company's headquarters are in Dubai, in the 'free zones,' where there is no income tax for businesses and persons. These earnings are not recorded here in Canada. I believe his recorded annual income is nothing more than $250,000, but he makes several million dollars a year over in Dubai where the income is not taxable and not recorded.
Hmmm...   Don't get me wrong, but wounldn't that make his annual income at several million? And his net worth even more if he has been doing buisiness for longer than a year? It does not matter were you make the cash, money is money.

I personally like the car for its nannies, I love my family and life too much to even entertain the idea that one small wrong move will put me in a ditch. That is one of the reasons why I want this car, not mention that it will be a pleasure to drive, especially considering that I am no race car driver.
Old 11-18-09, 03:07 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

IF all my bills have been paid, i was comfortable AND i 400k just lying around, YES.
Old 11-18-09, 03:08 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If LFA was half the price then yes I would choose that over r8, gtr, 911 turbo, etc.
but for 400k man...i think i would before a f430 or a california....
Old 11-18-09, 03:09 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Hmmm...   Don't get me wrong, but wounldn't that make his annual income at several million? And his net worth even more if he has been doing buisiness for longer than a year? It does not matter were you make the cash, money is money.

I personally like the car for its nannies, I love my family and life too much to even entertain the idea that one small wrong move will put me in a ditch. That is one of the reasons why I want this car, not mention that it will be a pleasure to drive, especially considering that I am no race car driver.
No, I was just pointing out that the statistics put forth by Forbes only takes into account money made and spent in the U.S. His networth is several million dollars in the world, yes, but every years his revenu here in Canada is $250k. His networth is probably no more than 2-2.5 million here in Canada.
Old 11-18-09, 04:30 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah I would invest in a freakin hellicopter before I purchased this. Don't get me wrong it looks good and all that but 400k big jump
Old 11-18-09, 04:31 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

+1, I'd buy a helicopter instead for that price point. Hahaha
Old 11-18-09, 04:34 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would only buy it when I have money left over after purchasing my dream garage
Old 11-18-09, 04:34 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by KI_GSE21
+1, I'd buy a helicopter instead for that price point. Hahaha
Helicopters cost several million dollars.
Old 11-18-09, 04:38 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by IS-J
I rather get a Lambo Reventon!! FTW, ^ its true, to much money for not so much. No doubt its super nice but for that price you can get so much more...
the Reventon is three times the money.
Old 11-18-09, 04:40 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

After seeing it at SEMA.....absofukinlutely !!!

Now, anyone have $399,999 I can borrow????

Quick Reply: Would you buy a LFA?