LFA Model (2012)

Japan's cut off date forwarded due to demand.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-10, 04:26 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just awesome Najri. Congratulations!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-10, 07:25 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I had better news, but today was not my day. The guy who drew first picked the envelope which had the winning ticket. The draw was over in 5 mins no one else had a chance. I suppose that is the way things go.

To make things worse ,I found that you have the option to purchase the Nurburing option if you want it from today's draw.
Old 04-09-10, 07:45 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear it man, but the odds were stacked towards this outcome. You did all you could, and to be successful enough to be able to afford such a vehicle is great already. Or maybe wait for the GS-F...
Old 04-09-10, 08:56 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I wish I had better news, but today was not my day. The guy who drew first picked the envelope which had the winning ticket. The draw was over in 5 mins no one else had a chance. I suppose that is the way things go.

To make things worse ,I found that you have the option to purchase the Nurburing option if you want it from today's draw.
Real sorry to hear that man.
Old 04-09-10, 11:04 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^ so do you still have a chance? Will there be another draw for the another LFA at your dealer?
Old 04-09-10, 11:12 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

From what's been posted, no, it is a one-time thing, of the ~180 Lexus Japan dealers, each was allocated 1 LFA, and with this drawing, each dealer has selected their LFA customer. Prospective buyers were only allowed to be on the list at one dealer.

It's kind of like choosing straws but they used envelopes instead. Well, you win some, lose some. On the bright side, it's a supercar but still just a car.

And heck, eventually these cars will be sold second-hand...
Old 04-09-10, 11:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

really sorry to hear that dave
Old 04-10-10, 01:16 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by encore888
Sorry to hear it man, but the odds were stacked towards this outcome. You did all you could, and to be successful enough to be able to afford such a vehicle is great already. Or maybe wait for the GS-F...
Yeah, it is not the end of the world and it does now give me the option to looks at other cars.
Originally Posted by MR_F1
Real sorry to hear that man.
Not to worry, thank though.
Originally Posted by GiantsFan
^ so do you still have a chance? Will there be another draw for the another LFA at your dealer?
At the present time, many dealers have had draws either yesterday , today or tomorrow, so unless another car is up for grabs from another dealer ,or people can't make the commitment to pay the final price on a car there really is nothing that can be done. Just the way the cookie crumbles.
From what's been posted, no, it is a one-time thing, of the ~180 Lexus Japan dealers, each was allocated 1 LFA, and with this drawing, each dealer has selected their LFA customer. Prospective buyers were only allowed to be on the list at one dealer.

It's kind of like choosing straws but they used envelopes instead. Well, you win some, lose some. On the bright side, it's a supercar but still just a car.

And heck, eventually these cars will be sold second-hand...
I got a nice "F" teddybear out of it.

Originally Posted by rominl
really sorry to hear that dave
Thanks, Rominl. I was a bit bummed this morning, but it is all good.

Just for conversation, especially with all the threads on what type of people will be buying them. There were only 4 other people who ended up coming to the draw. One guy owns 2 Ferraris a 599 and a Scuderia, Bens CL and Bens S class, another guy owned a LS600h and a RX hybrid, another guy owned a heap of classic cars, a BMW 7 series and an LS460. And the guy won owns a LS600hL and a Bens CLS.
Old 04-10-10, 06:20 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

So sorry it didn't work out Dave. As disappointing as this news is at least you were in the running to get one and that's a pretty awesome accomplishment.
Old 04-10-10, 06:49 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Hi Dave,

I am sorry about how the drawing turned out.

Thanks for sharing the information about the other folks involved.

Again, the variation in geographic business approach is interesting.

In the US, I believe they tried to pick folks based on some parameters like being an enthusiast. Based on the information you provided, it was more of a high roller thing in Japan.

In my case I have reason to believe I was chosen over the number two guy at Motorola (looks like Sanjay Jha who had a comp package of $100 million for the year he joined) and some other Chicago power players.

When I get mine, my other car will be a Zip Car (no I am not kidding as my wife lets me have one car at a time).
Old 04-10-10, 06:55 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

If I were Lexus I wouldn't want to upset those high-rollers and big-name CEOs who wanted to get the LFA, but didn't get chosen...it's a limited allocation, sure, and 500 unit production. But say the unit cost is $2 million per LFA, maybe they should offer up a second option, for those who really want the car but didn't get through the selection process. Especially as it seems that there are more interested buyers than there are available LFAs. Although getting people to pay $2 million vs. the $400K price others have paid might be upsetting (but they are paying close to $1 million in some Asian countries), and for some of these people, that is chump change.

With Dave600hL's enthusiast leanings (as shown by his posts on this thread, and graciously sharing the info with us), I get the sense that if this were the US selection process, depending on geographical location, he might be prime for selection. However the system works differently in Japan with a more 'egalitarian' approach to buyer selection.
Old 04-11-10, 02:28 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Hi Dave,

I am sorry about how the drawing turned out.

Thanks for sharing the information about the other folks involved.

Again, the variation in geographic business approach is interesting.

In the US, I believe they tried to pick folks based on some parameters like being an enthusiast. Based on the information you provided, it was more of a high roller thing in Japan.

In my case I have reason to believe I was chosen over the number two guy at Motorola (looks like Sanjay Jha who had a comp package of $100 million for the year he joined) and some other Chicago power players.

When I get mine, my other car will be a Zip Car (no I am not kidding as my wife lets me have one car at a time).
Thanks and Well , this was the fairest way so there is not much anyone can do when the demand is this high.

If I were Lexus I wouldn't want to upset those high-rollers and big-name CEOs who wanted to get the LFA, but didn't get chosen...it's a limited allocation, sure, and 500 unit production. But say the unit cost is $2 million per LFA, maybe they should offer up a second option, for those who really want the car but didn't get through the selection process. Especially as it seems that there are more interested buyers than there are available LFAs. Although getting people to pay $2 million vs. the $400K price others have paid might be upsetting (but they are paying close to $1 million in some Asian countries), and for some of these people, that is chump change.

With Dave600hL's enthusiast leanings (as shown by his posts on this thread, and graciously sharing the info with us), I get the sense that if this were the US selection process, depending on geographical location, he might be prime for selection. However the system works differently in Japan with a more 'egalitarian' approach to buyer selection.
I also think they should make more units, I don't really want a second hand one b/c it does not allow you the freedom of choice on all the options. Someone has hinted that the roadster will not be included in the 500 units, which could mean that more than 500 will be built. Don't hold me to this, as this is what I have heard through the grape vine.
Old 04-11-10, 12:59 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Thanks and Well , this was the fairest way so there is not much anyone can do when the demand is this high.

I also think they should make more units, I don't really want a second hand one b/c it does not allow you the freedom of choice on all the options. Someone has hinted that the roadster will not be included in the 500 units, which could mean that more than 500 will be built. Don't hold me to this, as this is what I have heard through the grape vine.
I hope they do make it! Just saw this the other day:

http://www.theophiluschin.com/?p=1877

Nonetheless, as if Lamborghini Reventon’s huge joke, where the first 20 customers who found themselves paying $1 million for the extremely limited run Reventon suddenly glazing upon a Reventon Roadster that’s also a limited production run, costing the same money, but faster. We were thinking about Lexus’s probability in producing another batch of LF-A. If they do, this should be exactly how it’ll look like we reckon.
Old 04-11-10, 08:01 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

I hope they do make it! Just saw this the other day:

http://www.theophiluschin.com/?p=1877

Now you are just making me sad.
Old 04-11-10, 10:16 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Oh, I didn't mean to elicit such a response, just following up on a possibility that the roadster may yet offer an option. If they were to produce such a model, the announcement might come towards the end of the initial LFA production process, so as to not affect too closely the initial buyers. Probably the GS-F will be out before then.

There's a silver lining to most setbacks, I'm hoping there is one with this too.

Quick Reply: Japan's cut off date forwarded due to demand.