LFA Model (2012)

Top Gear LFA thread (SPOILERS)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-10, 03:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by xravexboix
I really hope there is a chance for a dry lap in the future (once the car is actually in production). It'll be nice to see.
I really hope they dont wait that long. The LFA needs an appropriate chance to prove itself. I am pretty sure its going to blow the rest off the list. If I was a Lexus corporate representative responsible for allowing te LFA get these types of shows I would have a note in the contract stating that the car cant be run on an international show in the rain and left lower on the list. Fair is fair. The LFA needs it chance to shine. Top Gear has more viewers than any auto show in history so word get around and some opinions are based on what we see on this show ....well unless you have full access to the worlds fastest car and your own private track with a demon called the STIG behind the wheel
Old 01-05-10, 03:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
why do the cheap shots surprise you guys? Do you remember peoples attitudes at the Hyundai Genesis? It exactly the same thing. We have a manufacturer that produced a very well made machine but yet its reputation precedes the car. Hyundai is odd as a luxury car and a Lexus is a strange super car. Oh how the tables have turned. It just shows me the Lexus bias in this forum. No matter what its going to be hard for a manufacturer to bust into any high end segment especially when their previous design are the furthest thing from what they are releasing now ( the ISF is no super car so please dont chime in with "what about the IS-F")
You are so right! Same applies to the GTR, it's an amazing car but it's no exotic car and is not in the same category as the LFA period.

This is a Lexus forum...and you think there will be no bias? LOL Thanks for stating the obvious.
Old 01-05-10, 03:59 PM
LexFather

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
why do the cheap shots surprise you guys? Do you remember peoples attitudes at the Hyundai Genesis? It exactly the same thing. We have a manufacturer that produced a very well made machine but yet its reputation precedes the car. Hyundai is odd as a luxury car and a Lexus is a strange super car. Oh how the tables have turned. It just shows me the Lexus bias in this forum. No matter what its going to be hard for a manufacturer to bust into any high end segment especially when their previous design are the furthest thing from what they are releasing now ( the ISF is no super car so please dont chime in with "what about the IS-F")
I dare u to name a more unbiased forum. This is a Lexus forum u know....

U don't care to read about the car but u do care to COMPLAIN in multiple threads about the LFA.

This was and still is one of the few forums where we mostly applauded the Genesis.

Stop stirring the pot.
Old 01-05-10, 04:26 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I dare u to name a more unbiased forum.
www.bimmerforums.com

Old 01-05-10, 04:44 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LIMS407
didnt like when the guy said at the end of the day, its lexus and cost 400k...it just lexus...i was little disappoint they didnt give much respect for the car its self...they kept hatin on the car for its price...understand its expensive but the car has its purpose..and never mind the next gen dashboard...top gear always hated on lexus anyway...
You have to view this statement from a European point of view.

Lexus isn't as well-regarded in Europe as it is in the US. The point Hammond was trying to make was very simple: if you have money you'll most likely go for something with a name like a Ferrari, Porsche etc. and NOT a Lexus.

Also, the RX, GS and IS shown at the beginning of the video were described as "dull looking" - and all of a sudden you have an LF-A from the same brand. Basically, I think he's trying to convey that people will be a bit "confused" as to why this "dull" company has an impressive sports car in their lineup all of a sudden - and for an exorbitant price, too. Remember, Lexus has not caught on in Europe yet in terms of sales so people here really don't know anything about the brand. It's not even a blip on the radar here.
Old 01-05-10, 06:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I dare u to name a more unbiased forum. This is a Lexus forum u know....

U don't care to read about the car but u do care to COMPLAIN in multiple threads about the LFA.

This was and still is one of the few forums where we mostly applauded the Genesis.

Stop stirring the pot.
Mike you need to chill. I am taking about general attitudes in the automotive community, journalists included in terms of my comment about the Genesis. But yes there was still Genesis/Equus bashing in terms of designs and pricing. Club Lexus does have bias, and we all know it. Its not heavily biased but , with all due respect, I would just look at your posts as a great example. You have shut people down for criticizing Lexus ( or praising Acura for that matter). A couple of times you tripped some of us out on a few of these Acura/Honda bashing threads you started. You clearly have strong opinions on what you think about cars and a touch of Lexus bias. I know we are both very passionate about the cars we love and hate and our knowledge goes beyond the standard " car guy", same with many of our members, but you have to give other members a little space to have an opinion that differs from yours .

I read about the cars I discuss just like you do. Please don't assume anything else. I subscribe to 16 major automotive publications ( more than you I am pretty sure) and I am a member of 5 automotive forums. So your knowledge is no greater than mine I am sure . The purpose of these forums is to "stir the pot" if you meaning to exchange information, gather info, appreciate and learn about other view points , and opinions. People like me keep this forum alive and very active and I will continue in the future

PS my only complaint about the LFA is the price.

here are some of my comments.....NO LFA BASHING.
############################################
think the LFA would do between 1:18.5 and 1:19.0 on a dry track.

Yesterday, 10:13 PM #89
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_F1
I think the LFA would do between 1:18.5 and 1:19.0 on a dry track.

Thats a pretty solid estimation imho. It could even be faster. Look at the lap time difference between the Gallrdo times in the rain vs the dry. It does say 560 in the dry run so I would shave a half a second off of that. Its still going to be freakishly fast most likely

Bottom line we should all celebrate the LF-A as enthusiasts and especially as Lexus owners and fans. I will never get tired of the sound this thing makes.

I just watched the video again and I am so impressed with the sound of the V10. Brilliant!!!!!

I just watched the video and I have to say I am blown away by the performance of this truly amazing machine. The sound the car makes at any rpm will have the guys in Maranello drooling. Toyota really out did themselves with this machine, BUT like Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson I don't think the price is reasonable.

These are taken from my posts just a few pages back. Thats why I am a bit confused

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-05-10 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-05-10, 07:06 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

I like how Top Gear shares my opinion on virtually everything.
Old 01-05-10, 07:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FisforFast
I like how Top Gear shares my opinion on virtually everything.
I kind of feel the same way . Its the best show on TV ( maybe tied with the Sopranos)
Old 01-05-10, 07:17 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Don't get me wrong, the LFA is an amazing piece of automobile history. A wonderfully crafted and tailored car, made from the most exotic materials known in the automotive world. It's a dream come true. But as Hammond stated (and so did Clarkson), at the end of the day, it's still a $375,000 Lexus that doesn't really bring anything more than a Nissan GT-R, at six times the price, aside from bragging rights and an amazing sonority.

In my honest opinion, $375,000 isn't worth it even though this is an amazing automobile. Me and a lot of people I know at Lexus agree that they might have shot themselves in the foot on this one.
Old 01-05-10, 08:14 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Don't get me wrong, the LFA is an amazing piece of automobile history. A wonderfully crafted and tailored car, made from the most exotic materials known in the automotive world. It's a dream come true. But as Hammond stated (and so did Clarkson), at the end of the day, it's still a $375,000 Lexus that doesn't really bring anything more than a Nissan GT-R, at six times the price, aside from bragging rights and an amazing sonority.

In my honest opinion, $375,000 isn't worth it even though this is an amazing automobile. Me and a lot of people I know at Lexus agree that they might have shot themselves in the foot on this one.
Is your Koenigsegg 6x faster than a GT-R? Has Koenigsegg won any racing titles? Where does it's brand heritage/prestige come from?
Old 01-05-10, 08:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

This line from Haruhiko Tanahashi.

"Let me say that when I was thinking of the LFA's character I was thinking of the whole woman. A woman can be passionate and elegant, but she is also capable of being quite exciting and has the need to be dominated"

He aslo said that he describes the sound of the LFA as the "roar of angel"
Old 01-05-10, 08:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Straight up !!! Thats all I have ever said but .....
Old 01-05-10, 09:09 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How so? (The part that Lexus shot themselves in the foot)
Old 01-05-10, 09:09 PM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Is your Koenigsegg 6x faster than a GT-R? Has Koenigsegg won any racing titles? Where does it's brand heritage/prestige come from?
Lol it doesn't/is not etc... Its not a Toyota so its automatically granted all that.

Lexus sucks and blows. Mercedes, Bmw, niss@N GheyT-R, lAmborhiniii and ferrarrieei shm3NZO pwnz0rs all b3cauz they have the soul and spirit of flying dudes with halos.

Last edited by Oleg400; 01-05-10 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-05-10, 09:22 PM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Every time Lexus or Toyota w/e, creates something and it challenges another creation. People start to hate because they just don't understand what happened. I don't think Lexus wants sympathy or pity for the LFA, because they know what they spent 10 years on and they know its worth every penny.

Quick Reply: Top Gear LFA thread (SPOILERS)